It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I actually think this is as much of a warning to North Korea as it is the United States, as this comes days after another North Korean missile test. China seemed mighty displeased about the nuclear tests the DPRK undertook a few years ago, even so far as to publicly condemn their actions, so I think this could be a way of reminding North Korea where their place is.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchAngel_X

I don't know ,What happens when you spank a child that has ONLY been given time outs?. China can't do a "Tibet" without clashing with US troops in the south.Not to mention after the 1st recorded contact the US Congress and the POTUS will confiscate assets and dismiss debts so quickly your head will spin.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
bear in mind China knows NK is crazy. and NK launched several short range missiles a few days ago. one of which intersected the flight path of a Chinese jet passenger liner with 200 Chinese citizens aboard her. this has nothing to do with the downed Malaysia plane as the incident i refer to occurred a few days before that. but China is reminding NK that they will not be allowed to use any of their toys if they endanger Chinese or Chinese interests. In other words they will never be able to use them or China will curb stomp them and perform the humiliation conga on them.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The real story is simply greed and avarice........don't matter who or how...its all about money and power.....
The rest don't mean #..............

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Hard to say who they are directing their ire at. Most of us assume they are threatening North Korea, but we get a very one sided view of the country painted here in the media, and the media seems to always be grooming us for yet another conflict. Remember, war is a racket. Chances are KJU is a very bad leader, but the baby eating monster stories reminds me of the MSM stories used to topple Saddam. Lets not forget, much of North Korea's missle program has been developed from Chinese designs. I suspect the red line China is drawing is directed at the US making a pre-emtive strike.

www.theguardian.com...

AX
FTNWO

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I am not in agreement or convinced that denuclearization is the only way towards real and lasting peace. Sure this world would be a lot more simpler and nicer without nuclear weapons, but the fact is they are here. Just the other day there was some kid making a nuclear reactor at school, what a world we live in as the technology continues to become more simple and refined.

How would the UN security council have gone over all these years if it was not for the fact that each of the main members had the capability to instigate Earth into a nuclear wasteland? How many times has some nation just wanted to go all guns blazing over some issue, then to have their head pulled back in line because of mutually assured destruction? While it is just a hypothetical hazy to determine what this world would actual be like if it was not for nuclear weapons, I do picture a lot more war going on as there is no lose - lose situations that a nuclear holocaust brings.

If NK is to give up it's nukes is Kim going down the same path as Saddam Hussein? Will Korea become another Ukraine 10 years down the track once it all settles down, to be a pawn and at mercy of the super power games?

As for China having a go at all parties in this Korea issue, it is good to see them acting unbiased and impartial in this complex and difficult situation. Setting a clear goal for a stable and peaceful Korea is a very good thing.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Let's put this in perspective...with the only available quotes from China!!!

"The Korean Peninsula is right on China's doorstep. We have a red line, that is, we will not allow war or instability on the Korean Peninsula"

This could easily be a forewarning to the West not to attempt to call for action within Asia!

Wang calls for all parties to "exercise restraint", for "genuine and lasting peace"!

All parties includes Western countries!!! Not just North Korea!

"Confrontation can only bring tension, and war can only cause disaster," Wang said. "Some dialogue is better than none, and better early than later."

The word "denuclearization" was not even mentioned, except by Reuters!!!!!

Personally I don't see this as a warning to North Korea, at all... Nor do I see it as a call to disarm the Country of nuclear capabilities...

Depending how this statement was perceived, it seems more of a warning to the propaganda fueled Western Allies who seem Hellbent on involving themselves in everyone else's business, even denouncing other Countries current political ventures all as a decoy from what they happen to be doing in Africa & the Middle East!!!

Of course the West wouldn't want to be seen to perceive it in such a way, would they?!?!

Source: mobile.reuters.com...
(Source Added To Confirm Excerpts)!!!

Peace!
edit on 10-3-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Removed "[align]"!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join