It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Vet cuts down Mexican Flag flying over American Flag

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

csulli456
reply to post by Nyiah

Tough talk from your keyboard..

2 can play...

I guarantee you a swift ass kicken at the very least if you dare lay hands on a proud American for defending our American flag.

I for one do not agree with so much of what goes on these days in regards to politics and all the bs, but I for one along with many others see our American flag as a symbol of freedom and liberty. I respect the flag as this is what it represents to me regardless of whatever sh!# ain't right within our borders at this current time.

We have become too politically correct to the point we disrespect our own selves.
This man represents a dying generation of people who are honorable and respectful.

How dare you say what you did. It's because of people with the ideals of this man that you didn't say it in German.

Lol another american thats seems to have not bothered reading there own consititution!

She can dare to say it as she has the 1st amenment.

She also has the 2nd which means she can shoot "proud" (ie criminal) americans that tresdpass on her property with intent to damage property

link   

Nyiah
What a jerk. I don't care what any proper "etiquette" is for flags being flown, if I had flags of multiple countries and wanted to string 'em up, I'd do it alphabetically top to bottom because I'm OCD like that. If that blowhard had touched mine, I'd have put him in the hospital for destruction of MY property. And sent him the bill to pay for new ones.

Feel free to go live in Afghanistan and you won't have a problem. Until then, USA flag flies first.

ETA: Proper etiquette is to never fly two flags from the same pole, and in the US the US flag should always be flown either ...
a) First, on the far left with other flags equal or below it on the right.
b) If not on the left then in the center above all other flags.
edit on 7-3-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I hope that with the same situation occurring in Canada we would cut the foreign flag down as well.

Actually I am sure the same would have happened here, but you never know with all the PC sheet happening all over the place.

S&F for bringing this bullcrap up front on ATS.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I for one do not agree with so much of what goes on these days in regards to politics and all the bs, but I for one along with many others see our American flag as a symbol of freedom and liberty. I respect the flag as this is what it represents to me regardless of whatever sh!# ain't right within our borders at this current time.
reply to post by csulli456

Im former enlisted myself and the flag still means a lot to me........

The big reason?

Ive seen this country fall SO far, from where it was, I cannot comprehend just how disheartened the older generations are seeing where this country has fallen to....

That flag, is one of the last vestages we have, to remember what this grand place America use to be and what it stood for, what our hopes and dreams were........That we once had a back bone, that we once held strong to our beliefs, that even tho we were different we still TRIED to have civility and decorum with each other as a people, and AS a people, worked to do the RIGHT things.......

Freedom means we sometimes dont get a long..........but that symbol........that last glimmer of hope united us......united our cause as a country, to try and do what was good, and decent......

Its a reminder of those whose blood was shed from 1776 on wards, and how we laid generations into hollowed ground....

A symbol of sacrifice and honor, when honor was something that still remained in people, and sacrifice was something men of character were willing to do, for the good of the man next to him, even if he didnt agree with him....

We have fallen so far.......That piece of cloth reminds me of what we one day could be again.........

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

nwtrucker
reply to post by Nyiah

If he doesn't have the "right", then where does your "right" to hospitalize him come from?

You might have an argument if it was at your home. A place of business? Probably leased or a rental?

Put him in a hospital-assuming he didn't do it to you first- and you'd get sued six ways to Sunday....and lose to boot.

Her right comes from the right to free speach and the right to defend ones property.

He on the other hand would have no right to tresspass or cause criminal damage.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

whyamIhere
reply to post by crazyewok

I wasn't making a case that it is legal.

I am making the case it is awesome.

I seeyour point.

But law is law

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

crazyewok

whyamIhere

I seeyour point.

But law is law

Flying a Mexican flag above the US flag is actually breaking Federal law.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

ManBehindTheMask

Ive seen this country fall SO far, from where it was, I cannot comprehend just how disheartened the older generations are seeing where this country has fallen to....

So what instead of taking frustrations of the state of your nation up with your elected officials, taking it out on immigrants is better way of handling things?

Its a reminder of those whose blood was shed from 1776 on wards, and how we laid generations into hollowed ground..

Ya I am sure the natives feel the same way too as their immigrants coming to their land and how that worked out for them .. Please....

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

ManBehindTheMask

reply to post by csulli456

Im former enlisted myself and the flag still means a lot to me........

The big reason?

That flag, is one of the last vestages we have, to remember what this grand place America use to be and what it stood for, what our hopes and dreams were........That we once had a back bone, that we once held strong to our beliefs, that even tho we were different we still TRIED to have civility and decorum with each other as a people, and AS a people, worked to do the RIGHT things.......

Freedom means we sometimes dont get a long..........but that symbol........that last glimmer of hope united us......united our cause as a country, to try and do what was good, and decent......

Its a reminder of those whose blood was shed from 1776 on wards, and how we laid generations into hollowed ground....

A symbol of sacrifice and honor, when honor was something that still remained in people, and sacrifice was something men of character were willing to do, for the good of the man next to him, even if he didnt agree with him....

We have fallen so far.......That piece of cloth reminds me of what we one day could be again.........

Poignant...

🇺🇸

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

csulli456

Not sure where you are checking but you need to re-check.

Say what you want but it is more than disrespectful to fly another flag above the American flag on American soil.

Again - freedom of speech or freedom of expression is one thing but being disrespectful on purpose is another.

If you had the freedom to do anything you wanted you could fly a picture of a big penis outside your house on a flag that says "inquire within"- but you can't - not legally anyway.
edit on 3/7/2014 by csulli456 because: spelled "penis" incorrectly because I usually use a different term not allowed to be used on this site and I do not want to be disrespectful of ATS T&C

Im not saying its not disrepectfull.

But tresspassimg and destruction of ones property is still a crime and one to me worse than breaking flag ettiqute. I hold tresspassing and destruction of property worse than regulations over a piece of material on a pole.

The vet should have sent his greivenes to the proper authoritys not acted as a vigulante.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

crazyewok

csulli456
reply to post by Nyiah

Tough talk from your keyboard..

2 can play...

I guarantee you a swift ass kicken at the very least if you dare lay hands on a proud American for defending our American flag.

We have become too politically correct to the point we disrespect our own selves.
This man represents a dying generation of people who are honorable and respectful.

How dare you say what you did. It's because of people with the ideals of this man that you didn't say it in German.

Lol another american thats seems to have not bothered reading there own consititution!

She can dare to say it as she has the 1st amenment.

She also has the 2nd which means she can shoot "proud" (ie criminal) americans that tresdpass on her property with intent to damage property

Saying anything because you have that freedom does not always make it right.

I would not dare say something like that just because I have the right to do so.

Your above post to me is very narrow minded and assumption based.

I like facts.

Fact is if you beat up someone for defending something that represents more to them then just some threads on a stick - you will catch a bad one sooner or later in one form or another no matter what amendment you wish to clutch.

As I stated earlier - Americans may hold the flag dear as for what it represents to them - it may not necessarily represent every law on the books is 'just' to them. It may be illegal to punch a jackass in the mouth but at times it happens regardless of the repercussions.

So mind your manners and do not place such false accusations simply based on a mutual disagreement.

link   

So what instead of taking frustrations of the state of your nation up with your elected officials, taking it out on immigrants is better way of handling things?
reply to post by freedomSlave

Im sorry did I attack anyone? Did I take it out on any immigrants? odd......youre indicating that I did this things simply because I posted a response on what it means to me.....

Thats called projection......your projecting this persons actions on to me simply because I have an opinion........

Ya I am sure the natives feel the same way too as their immigrants coming to their land and how that worked out for them .. Please....

Actually, my whole mothers side of the family is full blood Comanche.......im half.....and im very close with my mothers side of the family.

Native Americans tend to be just as patriotic as any anglo American.....what happened in the past was horrible, but this is STILL our home, and has been for longer then anyone here, why wouldnt we be just as patriotic or even more so?

Again......nice job attacking me personally.......but youve failed to do anything but make yourself out to be pretentious angry and arrogant.......

edit on 7-3-2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

link   

OccamsRazor04

crazyewok

whyamIhere

I seeyour point.

But law is law

So tresspasing and property damage,

Two wrongs dont make a right,

The vet should have notified the revelent authoritys.

link   

~Lucidity
P.S. This has happened before. Probably more than a few times.

Angry Vet Cuts Down Mexican Flag, Steals American Flag From Business - FoxNews Calls Him A Patriot

I think this and the one above are from October 2007: Same Dude

I think it was the same person. Broussard. This seems to be a seven year old story.

Posted on ATS in 2007. Reno Veteran Cuts Down American Flag

Here's his website: Link
edit on 3/7/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

I knew I had seen that video years ago.

Must be a slow news day...what with Ukraine, NK, Venezuela and all.

Just think, in a couple of months, it'll be election time. YAY!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Wasn't attacking just asking but take it how you want whatever

ETA

No it is the guy in the video who looks like a " pretentious angry and arrogant"

but nice try though I might give ya a star for your effort

edit on 7/3/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

crazyewok

OccamsRazor04

crazyewok

whyamIhere

I seeyour point.

But law is law

So tresspasing and property damage,

Two wrongs dont make a right,

The vet should have notified the revelent authoritys.

Well, it's one of those funny laws that has no penalty. So it's a Federal crime, but can not be punished.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I just realized this story is like so 2007. Not that matters but I had assumed it happened recently. I also found where Jim Broussard might not even be a veteran.

Vince Bartholomay
October 14, 2007 at 9:02 am

In reference to the Broussard flag cutting incident, I have known Jim for over 30 years, I agree his actions of cutting the flags down was redneck style. But allow me to clear up this veteran part of his story. Jim didn’t serve out his hitch in the seventies, he was released early for reasons he knows. As a Vietnam veteran,I find it less than amusing for him to be referred to as an army vet. He is an Army vet only in the loosest sense of the phrase, he washed out of the service to his country in a year or less. The news services had a field day with this story, but as usual, some of the facts were muddled. I’ve seen some reports that call Jim a Viet Nam vet, why Jim hasn’t taken the time to correct this Veteran farce is what is pisssin’ me off.

Vince Bartholomay
Vietnam 1/69-8/70

Jim Broussard

The quote is from the first comment at the bottom of the page.

edit on 7-3-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
not that it matters when it happened, which by the way was Oct 3,2007 it was still the right thing to do.
here is a youtube link posted that day with the date.
www.youtube.com...
also there are news articles from that day as well.

if you recall during that time frame, la raza was making big push for mexicans to reclaim northern mexico, baja california, california, arizona, new mexico, texas and southern colorado.

it would be hard to believe that a mexican living in reno at the time didn't know what he was doing.

as a matter of fact la raza is still pushing that crap now.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I said that on page 2.

reply to post by ~Lucidity

reply to post by TDawgRex

Thank you

It's true it doesn't matter when it happened, but what this might also point out how people keep this kind of thing alive (no matter how you may feel) and make others believe it is news.
edit on 3/7/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Wow,

It must of just been reposted today.

Sorry, I searched ATS and Google with no luck.

The video only had 200 views...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join