It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SeaWorld May Lose Killer Whale Shows Thanks to Shocking Documentary

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by dragonridr

The link i gave seems to disagree with your assertion.

No it doesnt suggest you look at the article even they admit there not sure and drowning sea lions isnt easy they can hold there breath for a long time much easier to kill them . Watch the video i posted you see its two different behaviors. And once again your trying to apply human traits to a whale. When a killer whale want to kill you all it takes is there teeth,But in truth doesnt matter the whales arent being abused at sea world if they were we would know. Not liking them in captivity is another issue altogether. To be honest i think they should just stick yo dolphins its easier than whales.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
GOOD!!!
I love orcas, they are up there as some of my top favorite and most respected animals. Extremely intelligent and social creatures.
Same goes for dolphins. Never should such an awesome animal be held captive like that.

Keeping an animal that lives in pods, and uses sonic vibrations alone in a small concrete aquarium is barbaric and cruel.
I can imange the insanity these animals were feeling, when every sound you produce bounces back at you unlike if you were in the ocean.
edit on 12-3-2014 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Having known some Sea World trainers, I know they are certainly the kind of folks who have loved animals all their life, and still do. They have these jobs for just that reason. Hard to imagine them doing anything they felt would be cruel. Simply isn't in their nature, at least the ones I know. Not to say it is impossible....I just can't picture it.

Kind of like the circus, I think a lot of it really stems from not understanding some animal training basics. For example, people come in our tack shop and see whips, etc. Trainers don't actually whip a horse. You just use it to make the SOUND to help training. Also, the motion of it just indicates direction. You never actually make contact with a horse with it.

Oddly enough, by hurting Sea World, animal activists would be doing more harm than good. There's a lot of marine rehab they do, that may be financially affected by such actions.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I don't think a SeaWorld trainer would knowingly, typically, cause harm to an animal. Most people wouldn't.

I think the system that they all work within is toxic to the whales, however. Regardless of the intentions of the trainers.

Yes, the marine philanthropy that SeaWorld does is a benefit. But I am not sure that it should come at the expense of the Orcas in the tanks.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne You made an excellent point about Intelligence being different from knowledge, one that i should have considered more. thanx for that.

edit on 21-4-2014 by bismarket because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: iRoyalty I agree with everything except the "Spiritual" part. I believe it would be a breakthrough of Earth shattering importance if Mankind could ever devise a way of clear communication with aquatic mammals although it may make a lot of people very uncomfortable.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join