It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Want to be Tased? Now There's an Answer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Some smart folks came up with the idea of carbon fiber clothing that renders tasers useless (unless you take it in the eye...)
This is some awesome self defense in a police state gone mad.

Taser Proof Clothing

On Hackaday, Shenzhen demonstrates some proof-of-concept "taser-proof clothing" created by adding carbon fiber to the clothes' lining. The carbon fiber textile can be procured in a variety of forms, including upholstery fabric ... and peel-and-stick 50cm tape rolls. Shenzhen claims this will work even if the taser's prongs get to the wearer's body: "Electric current flows through the carbon tape and not through the human body."

Time to invest in some rolls of carbon fiber tape.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It just means the cop will pull his gun out quicker to waste us. Especially once he notices that it is not stopping us from reading a book quickly enough.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
That's pretty cool.

You wont get tased but you'll still get beaten and shot.

I'm willing to bet after the cop sees his taser isnt making you swallow your tongue and # your pants he wont be none to happy when it comes time to beat you so expect a full-on intermittent rage disorder roid fueled thumping.

I've no doubt that cities and states are going to try to ban this stuff too they way they ban body armor.

How dare you make the cop work harder to smash your face or shoot you dead.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I cannot imagine that many ordinary citizens would feel the need to wear something like this, because most people are not expecting to be tazed. It could happen, but I doubt very few people expect it to happen to them. Will criminals wear them or something? Personally I have never subscribed to taking away the rights of the citizenry just for added protections, and that is how I would view something like this. I can see them attempting to outlaw tazer proof clothing on the grounds that criminals are the only people who will utilize them. The argument of course is void and pointless, mainly because we are supposed to live in a country where the government is not allowed to dictate such things. They seem to do it anyway though. Look at the TSA.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It worries me to read the first reactions to this thread are about police murdering wearers of such an item, It is becoming Clear that throughout America the Police are indeed the Enemy of the American People, Police organizations should be banned from our communites, leaving the Sherrif and Local Militias bringing defence and Peace to the land. Close public observation and Interactions with the chosen protectors of individual Communites is a must to help avoid abuses we have seen under Policy Enforcement, That being said, I am not sure how Secure I would feel with this Carbon fiber tape/cloth, although it is surely better than nothing.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

What will prevent the Mafia from wearing these?

If it's good for the good guys, then it's good for the bad guys.

Criminals who want to kill you won't be carrying a bloody taser. They'll carry something which will get the job done.

This anti-taser thing is okay... but I think it's more likely that one will get attacked by a standard gun.

edit on 7-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well, anything is better than nothing at all one would surmise. However, I think what needs to be done is that the militarization of our country's police force needs to be put into check. Now, I am not a "cop hater," but to say the police have not being overstepping boundaries isn't only intellectually dishonest, it's an uninformed suggestion.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It could be used as a fun party trick. Dumb people always love playing around with stun guns. In fact, a local FM morning radio show was having fun with one on the air last week.

Someone could pretend like they are so tough, they can take a direct hit. Or, "Hey I'll let you stun me after I stun you!"

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

WilhelmTell
It worries me to read the first reactions to this thread are about police murdering wearers of such an item, It is becoming Clear that throughout America the Police are indeed the Enemy of the American People

It worries me that the first reactions of people is a knee-jerk reaction fueled by decades of paranoia:

"Quick, grab some before a mad policeman on the loose has nothing better to than kill thousands people instead of eating doughnuts! "

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere
That's pretty cool.

You wont get tased but you'll still get beaten and shot.

I'm willing to bet after the cop sees his taser isnt making you swallow your tongue and # your pants he wont be none to happy when it comes time to beat you so expect a full-on intermittent rage disorder roid fueled thumping.

I've no doubt that cities and states are going to try to ban this stuff too they way they ban body armor.

How dare you make the cop work harder to smash your face or shoot you dead.

On Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, the cops will usually say something like, "You make me run and I get all sweaty" when chasing you.

More on topic: it is likely not beneficial to be taser proof. as mentioned above....you'll just end up dead.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
There is a reason this technology exists.

fixed video
edit on CST41America/Chicago7America/Chicago4231Fri, 07 Mar 2014 23:41:42 -0600000000 by TiedDestructor because: fixed video

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I have the answer! A carbon fiber bullet proof suit of armor. Although eating could be a problem because the cops would see an opening and blow your jaw off. That way you could not testify on their abject cruelty and obvious child like lust for blood and power over others.

new topics

top topics

join