It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Members - Stanton Friedman, "Ask Me Anything" coming to ATS Monday 10 March, 2014!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It's true! The one and only Stanton Friedman has graciously agreed to carve some time out of his busy life to answer your questions this coming Monday 10 March, 2014 starting around 10:30AM Central U.S. Time.

For anyone who doesn't know who Stanton Friedman is...

Nuclear Physicist-Lecturer Stanton T. Friedman received his BSc. and MSc. Degrees in physics from the University of Chicago in 1955 and 1956. He was employed for 14 years as a nuclear physicist by such companies as GE, GM, Westinghouse, TRW Systems, Aerojet General Nucleonics, and McDonnell Douglas working in such highly advanced, classified, eventually cancelled programs as nuclear aircraft, fission and fusion rockets, and various compact nuclear powerplants for space and terrestrial applications.

He became interested in UFOs in 1958, and since 1967 has lectured about them at more than 600 colleges and 100 professional groups in 50 U.S. states, 10 Canadian provinces and 18 other countries in addition to various nuclear consulting efforts. He has published more than 90 UFO papers and has appeared on hundreds of radio and TV programs including on Larry King in 2007 and twice in 2008, and many documentaries. He is the original civilian investigator of the Roswell Incident and co-authored Crash at Corona: The Definitive Study of the Roswell Incident. TOP SECRET/MAJIC, his controversial book about the Majestic 12 group, established in 1947 to deal with alien technology, was published in 1996 and went through 6 printings. An expanded new edition was published in 2005. Stan was presented with a Lifetime UFO Achievement Award in Leeds, England, in 2002, by UFO Magazine of the UK. He is co-author with Kathleen Marden (Betty Hill’s niece) of a book in 2007: Captured! The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Experience. The City of Fredericton, New Brunswick, declared August 27, 2007, Stanton Friedman Day. His book Flying Saucers and Science was published in June 2008 and is in its 3rd printing. His newest book, also co-authored with Kathleen Marden, is Science Was Wrong released in June 2010.

He has provided written testimony to Congressional Hearings, appeared twice at the UN, and been a pioneer in many aspects of ufology including Roswell, Majestic 12, The Betty Hill-Marjorie Fish star map work, analysis of the Delphos, Kansas, physical trace case, crashed saucers, flying saucer technology, and challenges to the S.E.T.I. (Silly Effort To Investigate) cultists. He has spoken at more MUFON Symposia than anyone else.

Stanton T. Friedman is a dual citizen of the USA and Canada.
Biography Source

This is a golden opportunity to interact with one of the most prolific and sincere researchers in "Ufology". I would like to also make it clear that Stanton will be here as our invited guest and we expect him to be treated as an invited guest who is giving of his time for our benefit.

As always with the AMAs, the zero tolerance for rudeness, trolling, etc.. will be in effect.

Challenging his assertions in a polite and courteous manner is always fine, polite and courteous disagreement is fine, but, attacking the man or being rude will get your account privileges revoked.

Get your best questions ready for Monday this is a very unique opportunity that may not happen again for a very long time.

Springer...
edit on 3-7-2014 by Springer because: corrected date

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Awesome! The legend himself! I hope everyone does their homework over the weekend and comes up with some interesting questions!

*scurries off to read about Roswell*

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Very much looking forward to hearing from the legend which is Stanton Friedman.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Heck yes! About time we get Stanton on ATS!

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
And for more bio coverage, here's his Wikipedia page:

en.wikipedia.org...

Friedman was the first civilian to document the site of the Roswell UFO incident, and supports the hypothesis that it was a genuine crash of an extraterrestrial spacecraft. In 1968 Friedman told a committee of the U.S. House of Representatives that the evidence suggests that Earth is being visited by intelligently controlled extraterrestrial vehicles. Friedman also stated he believed that UFO sightings were consistent with magnetohydrodynamic propulsion.

In 1996, after researching and fact checking the Majestic 12 documents, Friedman said that there was no substantive grounds for dismissing their authenticity.

edit on 7-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
He brings back some great childhood memories.

One of the few in the field I still hold a great deal of respect for.

Gonna be awesome!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This should be a great AMA! I'll have to come up with some questions for our guest.

Just a thought: These AMA threads can become bogged down, long and it can be tough to keep up on the question/answers. Could someone create a separate thread that posts the members questions and the corresponding answers by Mr. Friedman? No commenting......just the Q and A?

Like I said, just an idea.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind talking to a guy like him over coffee someday in private. You guys would be mad at me because I wouldn't be telling anyone what he said...that is if he told me not to say anything about certain things. I am like that, things told to me in confidence, personally, never get repeated.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Stanton, is great, he always answers emails and puts himself out there. I'm very much looking forward to this.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thank you Springer. Could get very interesting if Jim Oberg decides to join the conversation. Please Jim consider joining the fray.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Excellent well done! I'll be looking forward to him "debunking the debunkers" very much

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
damn thats great!!!! Very pumped on this one.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
That is big news.Can't wait to hear some of his personal views.I think there was some credibility problems mentioned here so I hope the critics take their shot when they have the chance for Stanton's answers.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Actually what we would prefer is for the AMA thread to be all questions and answers without side commentary. If anything, maybe a separate thread for 'commentary'.

As a reminder, PLEASE give the guest a chance to respond without posting the same question multiple times because he hasn't gotten around to it in a timeframe convenient to the questioner.

Remember, it's "ask me anything", not "I'll answer everything". (That's my comment. I'm quite certain Mr. Friedman will answer every question he can to the best of his ability.)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This is awesome news. One of the few serious researchers left. I missed seeing him at the Shag Harbour Ufo lecture he gave a couple years back I believe. Was hoping he would be attending this year,as I would like to go. Guess that should be my question.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Someone help me!
What time that would be in Central European Time???

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Brilliant!!

ATS has had some BIG guests since I joined. I look forward to reading the questions by knowledgeable members & will thoroughly enjoy his responses. I have alot of time for Stanton & will always give ear to anything on TV when he is on. It was through this man that I learned/ became aware of Roswell (post'78- about '81, 82) & I've never looked back.

I write to echo the members who so far have requested if it's at all possible to create just a Q & A thread for him and another for comment/ debate. I say this because, the last time ATS had another of my rated speakers Nick Pope on, I found it difficult to keep up with questions & replies; especially in between comments & the OP's own time schedule.

I'm really looking forward to this.

Yhank you ATS & Stanton Friedman.
edit on 7/3/2014 by Seeker7 because: Spelling, spacing & punctuation

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Around 3:30PM your time I believe. I think you're 5 hours ahead of US Central.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Around 3:30PM your time I believe. I think you're 5 hours ahead of US Central.

~Tenth

I know we are 6 hours ahead of New York or Eastern Time, so it's got to be more than 6 hours I think?
What's the hour difference between Eastern and Central US time?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Oh snap!

I gotta get my questions ready. I'm so interested in nuclear power for aircraft.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join