It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best New UFO show

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yeah, there's a point where you're too far into this to fully appreciate the "light" touches on cases and subjects that the majority of mainstream broadcast shows have to offer. I thought Ancient Aliens touched on some good, deeper topics every few episodes, but not sure about Hanger One. My instincts tell me I won't find it that interesting, I don't really care about ancient U.S. cover ups, I'm more worried on "uncovering" the truth today. Being MUFON, it could be good. But when you have "UFO files" in the title, it pretty much tells you what the focus will be on. Old stuff. Well, hopefully it'll be fun for the UFO layman at least... I'll give it a shot when there's an episode that sounds interesting. Not presedential UFO's. I think I know most of those cases, seen them in about 50 other documentaries

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

you know what?!?

i think you are dead on.

well said.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I am very much looking forward to the next new "Unexplained Files" which airs on Tuesday night. Its going to feature content on a closeup of a distant planet. Maybe it is suspected of having life of some type, who knows. Another subject will be a possible alien ship wreck in an asteroid belt. The last two topics will feature something about atmosphere on the moon and something called blueberries on Mars. Looking forward to it.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
did anyone catch the latest "Nasa's Unexplained" last night? I missed it and tried pulling it up from on Demand this morning, but it wasn't on there yet.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

data5091
did anyone catch the latest "Nasa's Unexplained" last night? I missed it and tried pulling it up from on Demand this morning, but it wasn't on there yet.

I saw it late last night, it was a fast-paced bounce here-and-there over a number of subjects.

The funniest segment was a set-up where they presented a fictional NASA reaction to a "winged UFO" on Skylab, with a photo of an apparent structured object with solar panels. The photo shows exactly what the show mentioned, an airstrip in the Brazilian jungle, but after being prompted, Birnes and Friedman came on weaving imaginary scenarios of an object flying around the station sabotaging it and NASA making "lame excuses" about an unbelievable explanation.

The original photo was shown to me by Dick Underwood, NASA's space imaging guru, in his photo lab in bldg. 8 at NASA Houston, in 1976. He chuckled as he pointed out the kinds of weird shapes one could find by searching miles and miles of filmstrips. This was a small jungle airstrip -- he showed me the entry on a Jeppsen chart -- and the crew had never mentioned seeing it in any way. You could see the dark surroundings were foliage, not deep space.

I put the image in a 1977 or so article with the correct ID, and for years nobody made anything about it -- until the current TV program gave Birnes and Friedman free license to fantasize. Which they did, delightfully [and delusionally] so. Priceless!!

ADD link:

The twin-paddle UFO photo is SL2-16-109 [it ought to be online in some NASA archive], shown on p. 24 of my 1977 article
Astronauts and UFOs -- The Whole Story (large PDF - 7.7mb) from Space World magazine, February 1977
www.jamesoberg.com...

Seminal skeptical investigation of UFO stories associated with early manned space missions, published within a few years of the actual missions and the first published UFO accounts. 'Space World' magazine, published by Ray Palmer, was indexed in the "Readers Guide to Periodic Literature" (a pre-Internet 'paper search engine') so the existence of these explanations was easily determined by any serious researcher -- but the explanations were overlooked or omitted by almost all pro-UFO writers. Discusses Jim McDivitt's "beer-can shaped" object on Gemini-4 (including the Condon Commission's assessment), a Gemini-7 photo allegedly showing a pair of luminous UFOs, reports from X-15 flights and from moonbound Apollo missions, and photographs from the Skylab space station. Blobby photos from Carpenter's Mercury-7 mission are compared with a similar-looking image of a known structure on Gemini-5. Comments from Richard Underwood, head of the photo analysis office at the astronaut center, and from astronauts Richard Gordon, Pete Conrad, and others, plus description of NASA 'moon pigeon report' on debris sightings. Examples of misrepresentation of ordinary photos by UFO authors, including James Harder and George Fawcett. Details of Gemini-11 satellite fly-by, Apollo-12 moonbound companions, with prosaic explanations.

Readers should note I have backed off the Gemini-11 identification as 'Proton-3', it's much more likely the equipment jettisoned overboard a few hours earlier.

edit on 19-3-2014 by JimOberg because: add link

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Mufon's recent Hangar 1 show on hotspots was much improved over their presidential show.
The hudson valley flap isnt something you see other shows cover much
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.ufoevidence.org...

The "close encounters" show did a nice job on the aussie flying saucers recently discussed here, unlike their show on the JAL flight which has been rehashed on several other shows.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I rather like the Hangar One Shows myself. More time for one thing, to talk more about subject matter. I also like and respect Mufon. What I am having a hard time doing right now is finding episode # 4 of "Nasa's Unexplained Files." For some reason, it is the only show in this series that is not listed on my On Demand menu. Did they talk about something like super sensitive or something on this particular show or something?? All the other series of this show 1, 2 and 3, are always listed, but NOT # 4. Why???????

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
They are ok. I don't think they really go into the real heavy stuff. I saw a documentary once and only once on TV that really went into extreme detail. One of the parts I remember the classic picture of Gen Ramey and Jesse Marcell, they zoomed in by the use of a computer and read what they could of the letter in the generals hand, it said crashed disks and take the alien bodies. or something just as incriminating.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I still cannot locate any 4th installment of the Science Channels excellent "Nasa's Unexplained Files,". I am beginning to wonder if there is a possibility that someone was not happy with this program when it first aired. I believe Mr. Oberg said he saw it, but unlike all the other installments, this one just is NOT available. Why????????

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I kind of like Close Encounters because it's including some French cases I'm not familiar with. It also does a pretty good job of including some of the high strangeness stuff that doesn't make any sense but nevertheless is part of the reports and should be included for accuracy. For example, they showed a French case where the witnesses approach a UFO and discover a thick hedge between them and the ship that wasn't there before, and couldn't be found later after the sighting. A magical appearing and disappearing hedge? Real nuts-and-bolts UFO folks will sometimes leave that kind of thing out of a report because it's so weird, but it is what it is.

They're still a little vague with the shapes of the ships, and tend to obscure the shapes with shiny lights. I can see where they could look a little goofy and science fictiony, but they are what they are. Some of the witnesses make very clear drawings of what they saw, and they should be followed as much as possible.

Anyway, I can see where it's hard to do a good UFO show. Sometimes things are obscured. Sometimes sightings don't last very long, and sometimes the investigations are slapdash and incomplete. And sometimes the sightings are too detailed and they become difficult to condense clearly for TV. For instance, I have yet to see a Travis Walton dramatization that includes the spaceship hangar and blond muscle man alien he described. Too goofy looking?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

data5091
I still cannot locate any 4th installment of the Science Channels excellent "Nasa's Unexplained Files,". I am beginning to wonder if there is a possibility that someone was not happy with this program when it first aired. I believe Mr. Oberg said he saw it, but unlike all the other installments, this one just is NOT available. Why????????

I think I've seen and recorded 1,2, and 4 -- since I know I missed the one after
and assumed it was '3'. Let me look up the description of what I thought was '4'.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I recall seeing a description of what the subjects were going to be about on #4, and was truly looking forward to it, and then like I said, nothing...it just never comes up again either as a repeat or not available on my On Demand (Comcast).

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Mr. Oberg, have you had a chance to recall what the subject matter of episode # 4 of Nasa's Unexplained Files consisted of? Thank you.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
New Hangar 1 alert. New episode tonight, and I think it has to do with the cover up of ufo info. Check it out tonight on H-2.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
actually I think the show is about some type of super secret defense mechanism, possibly to deal with ufo threat. Sounds interesting.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I watched last night's new Hanger 1 & thought it was pretty good.

It was all about the secret side of NASA, which is something I've suspected for many years. One guy who was supposedly in the know (can't remember his name) stated that 95% of the UFOs sighted were really "us" and not alien.

If you missed it or don't have xfinity On Demand, my guess is that the episode will be on YouTube shortly.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
"Close Encounters" has the benefit of being based on genuine reports, even if they go overboard on the drama. I hear they've ben renewed for a 2nd season, and I'm hoping they will cover more on the investigation of each case.

"Hangar 1" pulls unverified material from anywhere (Corso, Lazar, National Enquirer...) and just repeats the very worst…

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Riddles

yep, thats the episode I was referring to then. Good look forward to pulling it up then!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
would still love to talk to anyone who saw episode 4 of "Nasa's Unexplained Files." I find it more than mysterious that no one seems to want to talk about it, along with the fact it has NEVER been available to pull up on my On Demand, unlike all the other episodes. They must have shown us something that for whatever reason someone did not like. What else could it be????????

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
We did get an interesting series from the normally heavily skeptical NatGeo recently.

UFO's - the Untold Stories

Episode Guide here:

natgeotv.com...

It concentrates on perhaps lesser known European cases and simply gives us the facts.

I don't think "Nasa's Unexplained Files" has reached us across the pond nor Hangar 1. At least they have not officially aired on a bona fide TV channel that I have noticed. So I will reserve judgement until I've watched them.

edit on 5/4/14 by mirageman because: Video link fixed

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join