It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US bill 'dramatically strengthens' Israel alliance

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
US bill 'dramatically strengthens' Israel alliance

The US House of Representatives passed a bill on Wednesday that declares Israel a "major strategic partner" of the United States, reinforcing the broad relationship between the two nations and laying the groundwork for more expansive strategic cooperation.
The bill would expand the delivery of forward-deployed US weapons to Israel, as well as other military technologies, and would commit Congress to further funding of the Iron Dome short-range missile defense system.
Controversially, the bill would also invite Israel into a visa waiver agreement with the US, which has been opposed by members of the intelligence community and the Democratic caucus for multiple years.

So we can cut funding to our vets because we cannot afford it and we cut food stamps because we cannot afford it but we can increase the amount of aid going to this welfare nation? Now the traitors in our government want to give Israel more of our military tech why? Israel likes to brag how smart they are why can't they develop the things they need instead of the American taxpayers paying for what they want. Let the Israeli citizens foot the bill for what their government wants we are broke and can no longer afford to hand Israel what they want on a silver platter.

In no way should Israel be allowed a visa waiver agreement. They want this because we have been denying visas to members of the Mossad and members of their military. Isn't all the spies that Israel already has in this nation enough for them? If these people were allowed to come and go as they please who knows how many Pollards we will have in this country.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Israel is the strongest ally the United States of America has in the Middle-East. To abandon them would cause us much more trouble later on down the road. The lands surrounding Israel are hostel to the United States, despite their false rhetoric and empty words.

Funding our veterans, and providing care to those who need it is a wonderful thing – and I honestly think there are plenty of programs to cut from to provide more funding to these social programs. But, to compare our financial and technological support to our strongest partner in the Middle-East with social programs is not a good comparison. Although I do understand your anger and mode of thought.

That being said, we must aid the nation of Israel with our might to insure their survival. The nation is surrounded by prowling wolves who are only kept at bay by small fires lit about Israel.

Every nation has spies in every other nation – it’s ben this way for a long time and nothing new. The spies in this nation have nothing to do with financial and technological aid we provide.

To defund Israel would only promote further destabilization to the Middle-East, and cause more problems.

The visa waiver does not bother me, as anyone can travel to Mexico and come up through the south. This is how illegals have been getting into this country for years, so I am wondering why you are so concerned with Israel’s visa waiver when there is a gaping hole in the south that anyone can trickle in through….
edit on 7-3-2014 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

It's obvious we're doing this because of Russia's stance with Crimea. This is an 'In your face' tactic. It's sad, though, that we were just pushing them further away before this. I'm sure Israel is just as confused.

So.... Does this mean we can step in and take over Israel anytime we want, when thing's aren't pro american?

....or.... was that the plan all along... Muhaha!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
well the us has a whole fleet of uss Liberties
guess what the cheepest way to get rid of all that scrap and all those vets is?

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

the us is the stongest ally ISRAEL has
and when you have to pay someone to be your freind they ain't no friend at all

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It's not clear to me why Israel should be considered such a great ally to the US. I believe the US government has been infiltrated by Israelis and has been influencing US foreign policy in the Middle East for a long time now.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I could understand helping Israel, when they actually need our help, but this is just a political move, probably less about strengthening alliance, and more about strengthening politicians money donations, ready for 2016 vote.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

It's because Right Wing Christian Fundamentalists believe God needs their help to bring about the "End Times".

Which of course is supposed to happen after the Temple on the Mount has been re-built.

So they push for giving Israel big wads of cash and lots of shiny new toys to kill Muslims with.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I suspect that you will find the same as in the UK that many of our top politicians or at least the most influential have dual passport with Israel as their 'other countruy'. Effective laws brought in by, guess who. have stopped people from discussing this foreign interest in other people's country's politics. In short we have Jewish people living out of Israel but heavily involved in USA and UK politics and in the business of seeing that Israel gets whatever it wants from the UK and the USA.

I actually don't think it should be allowed for politicians to hold joint passports simply because to whom are they loyal is questionable, especially when one sees how the laws of individual country's seem to benefit Israel her citizens abroad.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

BritofTexas

It's because Right Wing Christian Fundamentalists believe God needs their help to bring about the "End Times".

Which of course is supposed to happen after the Temple on the Mount has been re-built.

So they push for giving Israel big wads of cash and lots of shiny new toys to kill Muslims with.

That shows how weak their "faith" really is. God does not need their help. And if God wanted Muslims dead, they would already be dead.

Israel is not our friend. There is no doubt about that. But they do give lots of money to American politicians who favor them.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

MentorsRiddle
Israel is the strongest ally the United States of America has in the Middle-East. To abandon them would cause us much more trouble later on down the road. The lands surrounding Israel are hostel to the United States, despite their false rhetoric and empty words.

Wait, what?

This "alliance", if it can even be called that, is part of the reason why they're hostile toward us - abandoning this parasitic state would not only help ease tensions, we'd also save billions of dollars. Last I checked, we could use those billions in our country.

As an "ally" of the US, what do they provide us with? Jewish people? No thanks, we've got plenty

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

That shows how weak their "faith" really is. God does not need their help. And if God wanted Muslims dead, they would already be dead.

One of the true ironies of religion. The reality is actually the opposite of your statement.

That is the #1 reason in my mind why religions are constructed for control of operatives in this world and little to do with the next world.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Israel is the strongest ally the United States of America has in the Middle-East.
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Before the state of Israel...you had nothing BUT allies in Middle East. It wasn't until the Israeli Zionists took 40,000 armed men in 1948 into what is now Israel, and forced out the indigenous population at gun point (Palestinians)...stealing their homes and their land, setting the Palestinians (750K of them) packing into a new life of squalor as refugess....never allowed to return to their homes...that the trouble started.

Funding our veterans, and providing care to those who need it is a wonderful thing

It's not a wonderful thing....it's the very least the US Gov can do for them after they lost limbs serving their country. But sending weapons to the Israelis is more important than their own soldiers. Makes me sick.

But, to compare our financial and technological support to our strongest partner in the Middle-East

The aid given to Israelis is entirely in military equipment...they don't recieve cash....just lots of US weapons used to commit horrible attrocities on the Palestinians.

Did you know that Israel is the 25th wealthiest country in the world?

Source

Did you know that Israel ranks 8th in the world for the largest arms dealers?

Source

Israel doesn't need US Military aid.....but they get it anyway....who cares about your soldiers eh? Let em suffer as long as Israel gets it's weapons.

That being said, we must aid the nation of Israel with our might to insure their survival.

Why?

To defund Israel would only promote further destabilization to the Middle-East, and cause more problems.

You must be joking surely? In the last 12 years the US has completely destabilized the ME with their illegal wars of aggression and forced regime change. Israel has illegally occupied Palestine for 60+ years now. They are nothing but an apartheid state. They illegally occupy the Golan Hights....gee I wonder why their neighbors don't like them?

The nation is surrounded by prowling wolves who are only kept at bay by small fires lit about Israel.

Complete and utter rubbish.

, so I am wondering why you are so concerned with Israel’s visa waiver

Because the Israelis have been caught time and time again SPYING ON AND STEALING US MILITARY TECHNOLOGY/ NUCLEAR WEAPONS TECHNOLOGY AND SELLING TO THE US's ENEMIES....does that sound like something your best ally in the ME would do?

Secret U.S. missile and electro-optics technology was transferred to China recently by Israel, prompting anger from the U.S. and causing a senior Israeli defense official to resign.

Source

This is just one example out of a great many.

The spies in this nation have nothing to do with financial and technological aid we provide.

Ahh....there it is. Israel can do anything it wants. Disgusting.

REMEMBER THE USS LIBERTY!!!!

edit on 7-3-2014 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Israel remains important to the US for several reasons. The first of course is the are by far the most powerful nation in the region and by far the most stable. One protest gone wrong in any of the Gulf States and you have another Egypt ot Syria. Israel is also a democracy something else rare in the region. Israel also is a strong asset to the US intelligence community on the HUMIT side something the US had neglected far to much in 90s. The US and Israel and have long had the relashionship where the US provides new weapons and the Israelis adapt and improve them which the US then adopts. Of course Arab fears of Israel have also made the US billions in arms sales to them. So until the day comes that Israel is not a democratic, stable, and powerful state or that the US no longer a great power this relashionship will remain because it is of great benefit to both nations. Like it or hate it, it simply is a fact.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

MrSpad
So until the day comes that Israel is not a democratic, stable, and powerful state or that the US no longer a great power this relashionship will remain because it is of great benefit to both nations. Like it or hate it, it simply is a fact.

I'm not sure you understand what "a fact" means.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

MrSpad
Israel remains important to the US for several reasons. The first of course is the are by far the most powerful nation in the region and by far the most stable. One protest gone wrong in any of the Gulf States and you have another Egypt ot Syria. Israel is also a democracy something else rare in the region. Israel also is a strong asset to the US intelligence community on the HUMIT side something the US had neglected far to much in 90s. The US and Israel and have long had the relashionship where the US provides new weapons and the Israelis adapt and improve them which the US then adopts. Of course Arab fears of Israel have also made the US billions in arms sales to them. So until the day comes that Israel is not a democratic, stable, and powerful state or that the US no longer a great power this relashionship will remain because it is of great benefit to both nations. Like it or hate it, it simply is a fact.

Israel is in no way a democracy they like to make this claim but when you look at their domestic policies regarding Arabs and Christians you see that it's just a lie. What chances do you think that an Arab or Christian be elected the offices of president or prime minister? Until these people can hold those positions then Israel is not a Democracy.

Israel was an asset back during the cold war but now they are a burden and seeing how they twist intel and withhold information it shows they just use their alliance with America for their benefit. There is proof of them withholding information they were able to send people over to document 9/11 but couldn't warn America of it?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

saneguy

MrSpad
So until the day comes that Israel is not a democratic, stable, and powerful state or that the US no longer a great power this relashionship will remain because it is of great benefit to both nations. Like it or hate it, it simply is a fact.

Yes attack the only accurate,reasoned response in the entire thread.As if your 3 whole month membership means anything.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

TDawg61

saneguy

MrSpad

Yes attack the only accurate,reasoned response in the entire thread.As if your 3 whole month membership means anything.

His reply was hardly accurate just more pro Israel propaganda. How long a person has been a member is irrelevant. Besides you have only been a member for about a year so how is your reply anymore meaningful?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

...with no Vaseline...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by saneguy

I definitely agree with you.

It is shocking how many American politicians/lawmakers whom have served over the years have Israeli citizenship.

That itself should be a major cause for concern but many people are oblivious to the fact.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join