It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open letter to the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
At this very minute I am just some random drunk guy in the foofoo anywhere USA. I am small. I am one person, on a giant rock full of people floating through space. I just wanted to say to everyone on this rock, I love you. All of you. Every last single crazy one of you. You are all beautiful and amazing and wonderful. It has been an absolute pleasure to be able to be in your lives. If you are looking at this screen right now reading this, that means you. Thank you. Thank you for sharing this short fleeting life with me. If I had one wish it would be that I could meet each and every one of you and just give you a damn hug. We need more hugs in this world. Hug someone today, please. Tell them you love them. Please just start being nice. I really do love you world, humanity, people, aliens what ever you are.......I do. Thank you for existing. Cheers. WOOHOO!

edit on 372014 by Holographicmeat because: edited out the fact I will have a hangover tomorrow

Never stop talking people. Never stop talking.

edit on 372014 by Holographicmeat because: added awsome pink floyd song

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Gambei ... often the best posts begin when one is slightly inebriated .. good message ... maybe one day humanity will learn that lesson ..

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Holographicmeat

Drunk-dial the world!

Will it be awkward tomorrow when the world wakes up and listens to its voicemail?

Good sentiment. Funny, nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The world needs more "happy drunks" and less angry, obnoxious, belligerent drunks.

Just a cautionary note... if you are a drinker that goes through the whole spectrum whilst imbibing, please take care to understand your "happy place". The world will benefit.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Heavy drinking results in phone calls and text messages to ex's. Best be avoided at all costs..

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

And you finished it off with Pink Floyd... Nice.

Good message my friend, I would give you a hug through my pc screen, however I think people at work think I'm already crazy enough

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
OK, so yes....I drunk dialed the world last night. The sentiment is still the same after a ton of coffee and a little sleep. Maybe I want to shake everyone's hand, not hug them all. LOL

I do mean it though, you guys are great. All of you.

I'm actually not a heavy drinker. I have had 4 beers in the last 6 months, it just so happened it was in the span of 10 minutes. I just had a really bad day yesterday so I said what the hell. I watched the news, read some articles around the net. I got so upset I vomited. The state of the world today, it's very upsetting to me and I feel helpless to actually change anything for the better. I'm not rich and too old and tired to fight anymore. Then I went to my daughters choir recital, it was awsome. They were amazing. THEN I got ambushed by my daughter and some kid. They totally set me up. This kid walked up to me and said, "Sir, do you mind if I take your daughter to a movie next Thursday." Oh god......it has begun. I knew it would one day, but damn. Not now lol. I have to give him credit though, I am kind of an intimidating guy and he didn't hesitate. It was all too much, I just needed to forget for a while.
edit on 372014 by Holographicmeat because: added my bad day

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The kid sounds like a gentleman! I think you should be happy that now it has happened, it's with someone who is respectful! He did ask your permission after all.

Remember, a drunk man's words, are a sober man's thoughts.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
thanks , i noticed it yesterday , i wanted to respond but lacked guts as usual , life sucks being me , cant seem to find happyness.

Because i fear being myself , i try to be the person people need or want me be , not who i want to be.

But these threads matter to me more then anything else , because i feel the same way about eveyone else on this planet who try to live a honest live.

The fact that i cannot be happy does not mean i dont grant other people this , because if you miss this in your life you now how important this is and you know nobody has to live without it because it is a curse.

Because today i had one of the most emotional confronting moments in my life , i wont go through the details , but lets just say it was hearthbreaking.

Yet i refuse to give up hope in my fellow people from all around the planet , we all are in the same boat and we have to keep it floating together , without trowing certain parties overboard.

enjoy life TOGETHER people , we deserve it.

TheGreazel.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreazel

I hope you find yourself and manage to break out of your dark place soon,

I wish you the best my friend.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

iRoyalty

The kid sounds like a gentleman! I think you should be happy that now it has happened, it's with someone who is respectful! He did ask your permission after all.

Remember, a drunk man's words, are a sober man's thoughts.

Ha! Yes he was a gentleman, and a really nice kid with stones the size of boulders apparently. I kind of like him, and that sucks. I don't want to. I want to NOT like him......truth is, he's pretty great.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

TheGreazel
thanks , i noticed it yesterday , i wanted to respond but lacked guts as usual , life sucks being me , cant seem to find happyness.

Because i fear being myself , i try to be the person people need or want me be , not who i want to be.

But these threads matter to me more then anything else , because i feel the same way about eveyone else on this planet who try to live a honest live.

The fact that i cannot be happy does not mean i dont grant other people this , because if you miss this in your life you now how important this is and you know nobody has to live without it because it is a curse.

Because today i had one of the most emotional confronting moments in my life , i wont go through the details , but lets just say it was hearthbreaking.

Yet i refuse to give up hope in my fellow people from all around the planet , we all are in the same boat and we have to keep it floating together , without trowing certain parties overboard.

enjoy life TOGETHER people , we deserve it.

TheGreazel.

Greazel, this is going to sound strange. I have the opposite problem. My life is absolutely perfect. I am a single parent. My daughter is amazing, 1000 times better of a kid than I ever was. I have a nice house. I have a nice car. Great family/friends. It makes me absolutely miserable. My past.......I was a very bad person. Until my daughter was born, it changed me. I stopped the nonsense. And now, I have like 0 self esteem because of it and somewhere inside of me I can't get over the fact that I don't deserve any of this. So, that's me. Most people would be proud of changing their life for the better, not my stupid a@#$. lol

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Holographicmeat
Ha! Yes he was a gentleman, and a really nice kid with stones the size of boulders apparently. I kind of like him, and that sucks. I don't want to. I want to NOT like him......truth is, he's pretty great.

Well I have not had the pleasure of fatherhood as of yet, so I can not share your frustration. However as an outsider it is not something you can stop forever, unless you can find a giant tower and a fire breathing dragon to protect her... even those girls don't stay single forever though :')

Be thankful it wasn't some douche with a leather jacket neck tattoos lol

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

iRoyalty

Holographicmeat

Well I have not had the pleasure of fatherhood as of yet, so I can not share your frustration. However as an outsider it is not something you can stop forever, unless you can find a giant tower and a fire breathing dragon to protect her... even those girls don't stay single forever though :')

Be thankful it wasn't some douche with a leather jacket neck tattoos lol

I am thankful. As far as the douche with the leather jacket and neck tattoos. My kid isn't stupid, she would have tried to hide that from me out of fear for his life. lol. BUT, I anticipated that a long time ago. I know every move she make before she does half the time. Over the years I have set up an extensive network of little spies out of her friends through bribes and various methods. I also set up a bounty on her head with friends of her friends she doesn't know.....25 dollars for dirt on her, it works like a charm. She gets away with nothing. I knew she liked this kid but, they did catch me off my game this one time. Never again. MUAAAHHAAAHAAAHAAA!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sure you're just drunk hehe?

Seriously though, love to you too. The world needs more of these thoughts.

Best

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

hehe, shine on you crazy diamond

top topics

join