It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questioning the Official Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Why does questioning the Official Story of major events throughout history draw such ridicule?

• Politicians, government officials, news media and other authoritative bodies have been caught on multiple occasions telling lies, being deceitful and spreading misinformation.

• Just because information has come from an authoritative source does not automatically make it accurate nor truthful.

• The existence of events that are not conspiratorial in nature does not negate the existence of genuine conspiracies.

• Those with power and influence maintain these qualities by exerting their power and influence through policy making and news media.

• The Official Story is likely to be the story that is most palatable for the public, not representative of the truth.

• Any body that benefits through the occurrence of tragic events should be scrutinised for potential involvement in those events.

• The existence of the "Elite" does not implicate individuals by religion, race or ethnicity...only by ideology.

edit on 7/3/2014 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I think this goes back to creation ages...whatever they were. We were created to be complacent slaves...to respond to authority.

It is somewhat a necessary trait to have a civilization like we do.

Also...those in power do whatever they need to do...to keep that control by ridiculing those that oppose authorative conclusions and information.

Imagine for a second...God or somebody creating it's subjects...you have to build in a safety switch...you can't have subjects be willing to rebel against the authority every time they please. I think that safety switch is our slavish mentality.

From the mindless hordes following celebrities around the globe to mindless voters that keep electing the same scum all over again...we were built to be ruled over.

TPTB simply tap into that human deficiency and use it to keep control. Ridicule you speak off...is one aspect of that control.

Imagine the rulers saying..."oh yeah...that guy on the internet is right...we know jack sh** about anything". It wouldn't work. They need to remain the only authority if they hope to keep control.

That's why...conspiracy theories are allowed...and ridiculed...because slavish mentality will never allow the majority of the populace to abandon their leaders...only a few fringe nutcases online...which pose no threat to the control, because there is no critical mass...and there never will be...as long as they have control on their side.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

MarioOnTheFly

I think this goes back to creation ages...whatever they were. We were created to be complacent slaves...to respond to authority.

It is somewhat a necessary trait to have a civilization like we do.

Also...those in power do whatever they need to do...to keep that control by ridiculing those that oppose authorative conclusions and information.

Imagine for a second...God or somebody creating it's subjects...you have to build in a safety switch...you can't have subjects be willing to rebel against the authority every time they please. I think that safety switch is our slavish mentality.

From the mindless hordes following celebrities around the globe to mindless voters that keep electing the same scum all over again...we were built to be ruled over.

TPTB simply tap into that human deficiency and use it to keep control. Ridicule you speak off...is one aspect of that control.

Imagine the rulers saying..."oh yeah...that guy on the internet is right...we know jack sh** about anything". It wouldn't work. They need to remain the only authority if they hope to keep control.

That's why...conspiracy theories are allowed...and ridiculed...because slavish mentality will never allow the majority of the populace to abandon their leaders...only a few fringe nutcases online...which pose no threat to the control, because there is no critical mass...and there never will be...as long as they have control on their side.

I believe you are right.

And the reason for multiple countries is to have many different experiments going at once, to see what works best to achieve their means.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I think it's very clear that conspiracies do occur. I'm a relative skeptic over the very vast majority of the theories presented on this forum, but I feel sure that some have - at the very least - a grain of truth.

There is nothing wrong with questioning the official account of events - indeed, I think it's healthy - but the ridicule comes from the way that certain elements of our community utterly refuse to accept that things sometimes happen exactly as described.

I think the problem is that 'breaking news' is inherently inaccurate. Modern 24hr media demands immediate comment from officials who usually brief without being in full possession of the facts - a process that can take days or weeks, not hours. This leads to officials inadvertently presenting information which turns out to be false down the line. Some people refuse to see this as the error it is, but as evidence of TPTB 'not having their story straight'.

In my opinion, people invite ridicule by taking this approach to their skepticism over official accounts of events.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

I agree as well. Critical mass meaning real evidence as apposed to theory.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Any body that benefits through the occurrence of tragic events should be scrutinised for potential involvement in those events.

Exactly, woman murdered ...look at the husband , man murdered ...look at the wife , house burns down unexplained ....look at the owner....

But if WMDs are supposed to be there and not found ...better not look at the government or you are a terrorist...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Our society is insecure about itself. I think most people intuitively know the whole thing is rotten to the core, and when threatened with confirmation of this suspicion they feel uncomfortable about their own complacent participation in it.

In other words, the truth hurts. And it usually doesn't sell anything.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Speak the truth and the truth will set you free!

Good thing to because you usually have to run
like hell immediately after.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
from my observations during my life there are 2 types of people.......

believers in the government of the day and the latest fashions in the media.....people who say yes ...

nonbelievers who say no....I don't believe you....

to me ...I'm proud to be in the non believers camp....

governments and media ...I don't believe what you have to say...

that's why I visit ats....

respect is earned ......governments and media have failed......they are not shinning lights of honesty are they....

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

I watched it in computer science class as the second tower came down.
All I can say is COVERT OPERATIONS by our own LEADERS, May they rot in Hell.
edit on 10-7-2016 by fictionaltruth because: gramer

new topics

top topics

join