It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long time observer - need a friend

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Hi everybody ATS's,

Firstly I would like to say I've been offline for around a year, before then I frequented this site on a daily basis perhaps since 2009-2010, because it was the only place I felt "normal" so to speak. Actually not normal - wrong word - but . . i found understanding here, reading various posts, realising that actually, THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE LIKE MYSELF. . the internet can be a wonderful thing bringing people together whom may never meet personally, but can share so much. Where I live I have met some wonderful people, true beautiful souls with pure hearts, people like myself, open minded and such but, i guess i've become a little cynical lately, in the way i view/feel about the direction our society is heading. (i'll elaborate on that further in my post) We (at ATS) question things, we see the world, . .the sheer beauty of everything, nature, animals, the sun, the stars, the innocence of children, the wonder that is the universe, the gifts mankind are blessed with . . . and yet we have these parasites, these pawns of satan, in positions of power (top of the Pyramid) whom wish to remain in their ivory towers, licking eachothers arseholes, screwing the people, we're alright they think - as long as we keep the people in line, keep them down, while we struggle, working our asses off just to barely make ends meet and pay bills etc.. they don't care about us as long as ....... wait sorry ... im ranting

I've missed this place so much!

Before I launch into a full scale rant

Allow me to introduce myself . . . A little about me, My name is Tina, i'm 32, I live in Liverpool UK, (home of the beatles) John Lennon God rest His Soul (a visionary, a "real" human being). . I come from a good family, We weren't particularly well off but we done alright, we were rich "metaphorically speaking" in every other way. I consider myself a spiritual person with a devout faith, particulaly in mankind. I'll never give up on us. my parents, I have a lot to thank for, we always had books in our house.I was brought up well, i know love, compassion, patience, understanding, im a free spirit, a thinker, philosopher, dreamer, a realist also, i'm soft inside but heaven forbid, don't mess with my fellow man. (talking mainly about governments now) I pride myself on my compassion for my fellow man despite our shortcomings.

Ok sorry I digress a lot, but basically, I have reached this place in my life, perception of the world, society if you will, AND I AM SICK OF IT. Anyone reding this from the UK will understand (i'm sure it's going on elsewhere but I can only say from my experience)

OK POVERTY ... I'LL SAY IT AGAIN .. POVERTY

In this day and age, particulaly in this country, poverty is rife.. im speaking from experience. I've worked hard all my adult life, i've been on zero hour contracts in the workplace (for those who don't know, a zero hour contract is basically a contract between employer and employee that states, If the hours are available then you can have the hours, if business is slow then the employer is not obliged to offer you anything) So basically from one week to the next (and i was paid monthly) i never knew what i would be earning. i would be trying to pay rent, heat my home, buy food, pay council tax, gas, electricity etc.. the list goes on and I haven't got children. can't afford to bring a little person into this depraved, unfair world right now) and i'd consider myself to be fortunate in this position if you can believe that.

There are people in our country with decent jobs i.e teachers, care workers etc and we're all in the same boat.

I've had enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Growing up, call me nieve, i was taught if you work hard, earn your crust you will be alright. i'm not asking for the world, i actually don't want to be be rich (money clouds judgement - in my opinion) I just want to work hard and earn enough to be able to have a roof over my head pay the bills and perhaps be able to afford a meal out once a week, or a trip to the cinema.

The cost of living nowadays is beyond a joke, energy prices through the roof, gas, electricity (we call them the big 6 over here) they are in cahoots with one-another raising prices in unison, they have cornered the market. I'm naming and shaming here

British Gas,
EDF Energy
N Power
E.On
Scottish Power
SSE

They ought to be ashamed of themselves, how do they sleep at night? Oh sorry my mistake, very comfortably, in a lovely central heated spacious house, with warm duck feather quilts and pillows, probably a wee nip of whiskey (left by their housekeeper along with a little foie gras on french toast ) before bed to help them settle.. Ahh bless !!!

We have something called food banks, its a service relying on charitable donations, to provide people in crisis a box of food to last 3 days. We have people actually staving in our country, unable to feed their children, dreading the mail coming through the door, ignoring the telephone and knocks at the door for fear of bailiffs etc..

I'm actually tiring of my rant now because it is tiring, theres so much to say, so much wrong with society right now, its actually UnrealI could go on and on... but... now i'm back, I have plenty of time to get to know you guys.. . plenty more posts to come.
I hope somebody replies soon-ish because i'm staying online for a wee while.. In work tonight.. gotta keep the cogs a turning !!!!

I will leave you with this .. www.youtube.com...

The Legend That is Bill Hicks R.I.P ... gone but never forgotton xxxxx

Thanks ATS xxxxxxx

pardon my grammatical errors, when writing from the heart you have to flow, and anyway .... who gives a SH%T !!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by idontfitinandidontwantto

Welcome back.

The Legend That is Bill Hicks R.I.P ... gone but never forgotton xxxxx

I'm with you on that one. A true legend.

Hang in there...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
welcome back, also. I know you will find fellow sympathizers with your viewpoint, and friends and support here.
I, too, feel it's increasingly difficult in today's world, wherever you are, to find friends, a support network, people to truly share with who care about everything and each other. It seems the more industrialized and technologized we are, the more isolated we become……

As for your assessment about working hard, and being able to get ahead, or "be successful," that way, I long ago saw that this, in fact, is not the real truth of our existence. It's just one of those things we're inculcated to believe, to keep us slaving away and perhaps having some hope for the future, when increasingly, it really doesn't seem to work that way at all.

Anyway, hold on, keep your head up, and don't give up.
Regards,
Tetra50

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Thanks Mario, Bill could see beyond the veil . . he could see the truth in things and told it in such a way, comedy with a dash of dark cynicism, but also hope in humanity.

I have the same sense of humour, I really enjoy his style.

I wish he was still alive nowadays, lets put it this way he wouldn't be short of material thats for sure !!!!

Thanks for replying darlin, much appreciated, it's nice to know i'm not alone xxx

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Hello my new friend. I'll be here for you.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I just wanted to add, as well, that I love your membername.
2nd

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I for one enjoyed your honest post, and was saddened by it at the same time, enough to submit a reply. I hope that at a minimum just by getting your feelings down where you can read them after, that it made you feel better about your current state of feeling. I often do that just to understand what I'm trying to FEEL.

I remembered what my father who has passed used to tell me when I was full of frustration about the state of the worlds affairs when I was younger. This was in the eighty's during my teens, when I felt like the world needed someone with common sense in charge to make things right for people, for humans. He said "Focus not on what you can not change about the bad world, but rather what you can change about your own good place in it." I'm sure it didn't sound that comforting at the time, but it did help me realize that most of the humans we encounter are actually more like animals anyway, in their behavior and mindset, so why not abandon them and let them follow the leader, while I focus on paying attention to what makes me happy.

This has served me well. I am to the point now, that if I did have some supreme knowledge of how to take over the world from the greedy mindless leaders, and save humanity, I would find more happiness in keeping the secret safe within me. I don't have any advice for you, but I can say that this game of monopoly life as played by most people, is rigged to be lost, so why play by the rules?

Welcome back here, I've enjoyed this website and it's connection to others of like mind tremendously as I am sure you will continue to do. I am sure you will find more than just one friend, after all the universe as seen through your eyes is your own.
edit on 7-3-2014 by AlchemistSwami because: my pc shut down for a late night update, just after I clicked reply and just before I could edit one word, which was And

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Welcome back I guess lol love your user name too ! Hello from England. You said you've observed on ats .. Hmm are you a fan fringe by any chance

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Hi Tetra,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my post.

Your comment

I long ago saw that this, in fact, is not the real truth of our existence. It's just one of those things we're inculcated to believe, to keep us slaving away and perhaps having some hope for the future, when increasingly, it really doesn't seem to work that way at all.

I totally agree, while i weep for our state of affairs, I cannot but help having hope and belief that things will get better. As long as we keep the faith in eachother and help where we can .. WE WILL WIN THIS. It's only a matter of time. We are the many, they are the few. Love will conquer. Its gone too far now, somethings gonna give and it's not going to be us !! THEY should be worried !!

Love always xxx

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Very sweet, hopeful response. I couldn't help but respond to your OP. Touched a chord, and brought a tear. Thanks so much. I wish the best for you. And love always to you….
T
edit on 7-3-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

idontfitinandidontwantto
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Thanks Mario, Bill could see beyond the veil . . he could see the truth in things and told it in such a way, comedy with a dash of dark cynicism, but also hope in humanity.

I have the same sense of humour, I really enjoy his style.

I wish he was still alive nowadays, lets put it this way he wouldn't be short of material thats for sure !!!!

Thanks for replying darlin, much appreciated, it's nice to know i'm not alone xxx

Absolutely
I spent many a night watching his stand-up philosphy/comedy mixed with a dash of sarcasm and irony. And what is most appreciated...the truth.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I agree with not bringing a child into this world until I am well off enough. Lol.

Well, anyhow. Welcome, I could use another "crazy" friend here on ATS.

I'm crazy too, but a good crazy.
Take it or leave it

And if that doesn't work for you... Kiss my avatar!

edit on 7-3-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
welcome back .. pull up a seat and have a pint or two .. all that stress will give you grey hair and a coronary ..

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AlchemistSwami

Hi AlchemistSwami

I really appreciated your reply. It was warm, true and faithful.

You said "I for one enjoyed your honest post, and was saddened by it at the same time, enough to submit a reply.

You are compassionate and that is lovely but, you know, i'm actually a pretty happy person, despite circumstances.
I identified with your reply when you said " I hope that at a minimum just by getting your feelings down where you can read them after, and that it made you feel better about your current state of feeling. I often do that just to understand what I'm trying to FEEL.

I can totally identify with that because my mind sometimes goes into overdrive with thoughts, feelings, emotions, etc, and i do find that if i write down what im feeling or (now im back on this site) share my feelings it does really help me.. its like a relief to share. Sometimes I find it hard to talk with people i.e friends family, because everybody has their own issues, problems and the last thing i want to do is overload their brain with my issues, musings, if you will.

I also really appreciated your comment about your fathers good advice (i'm sorry to hear he's no longer with us but you know what Death is an illusion, i hope i'm not upsetting you or speaking out of turn here but that is my belief, we live on (I'm into physics too and nothing can be extinuished, what was here in the beginning will be here always LOVE and he clearly had a very positive effect on your life Your father said "Focus not on what you can not change about the bad world, but rather what you can change about your own good place in it"

That my friend is very good advice !

The way i see things is kinda the same. Its like when i walk down the road i will smile at strangers, a friendly hello(even though i don't know them) in particular a have a respect for pensioners, the older generation, it's the little things that make a big difference. I was at the shops the other day and a lady was trying the hail a taxi, she had shopping, two children, i'm not sure of the politically correct term here but i will say "little person", it was rush hour and she couldn't get the height too be noticed. I was at a bus stop, a fair few people around, anyway i walked over (i'm a tall girl 5"11) i leaned into the road and flagged a taxi for her without even asking" because I know pride and she'd have probably said "oh i'm alright thankyou.. anyway taxi pulled in and there was this sort of unspoken dialouge between us, she said oh thank you so much , i said hey no problem glad to help. Its the little things.

Your dad was right We as individuals cant move the earth BUT.. if everybody went about their life doing the little things, the little things.. open doors for people, no after you!! you know emparting warmth to our fellow human beings, the little things really do MATTER !!!!

If everybody done just one kind deed a day wouln't the world be a nicer place?

This has served me well. I am to the point now, that if I did have some supreme knowledge of how to take over the world from the greedy mindless leaders, and save humanity, I would find more happiness in keeping the secret safe within me. I don't have any advice for you, but I can say that this game of monopoly life as played by most people, is rigged to be lost, so why play by the rules?

I never play by the rules baby

Thank you for your warm, open, honest, compassionate welcome, i truly look forward to speaking with you further

Love xxxxxxx T

again pardon my grammar, sloppy typing , hey lifes too short, whats important is the message, am i right ?

xxxxx

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Hey Peacemaker,

Where abouts in UK are you?

Things going on in our country that are truly shameful, don't you think love?

It's a travesty

T xxxxx

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Truman I'm sorry hun, left you out there, thanks for the reply.

may i ask, is your username anything to do with the film trueman show?

I think my favourite line from the film is where Jim carrey as a child in school stands up and says to teacher " when i grow up, i want to be an explorer!"

Teacher proceeds to pull a map of the world out and proclaims .. Oh Trueman theres really nothing left to explore !! HA HA

*MESSAGE*

ha schools only teach you so much , oh my i feel another rant coming on HAHA!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I'm getting to grips with the format of this site again, is there a function to friend someone? xxx

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

idontfitinandidontwantto

I'm getting to grips with the format of this site again, is there a function to friend someone? xxx
if recall correctly just click on the persons username and it will show options there .. been long day here and blur at present ..

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

AK907ICECOLD

Hey Ice,

Mate I'll take crazy any day of the week.

actually, one of my sayings is this "the crazies i can handle, it's the so called normal people i watch out for"

so ... meet your friend, crazy, take it of leave it

I'll take it ... lets see how deep the rabbit hole goes >>>> jumps in with both feet

Love T xxxxx

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Hi and welcome back! I'm down for friendship!

I totally agree with your rants and I'm in the same boat here in the USA trying my best to make positive changes whenever and however I can. You're not alone out there in your sentiments and there are a wealth of people who are on your side.

Working together we all will make a positive difference in our communities.
It may not happen overnight, but it will happen!

Stay strong out there, never give up, don't let the bastids get you down and always know we're right there beside you in fighting the good fight for a more beautiful world and human rights.

Peace!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join