It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Solution To The Crisis In Ukraine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The EU simply needs to reject the Ukraine's application to join their club for at least another 10 years. In return, Russia relinquishes control of Crimea and continues to recognize the whole of Ukraine as a sovereign nation.

If Putin is assured that they won't join the EU, he will back off.

I just hope Obama pitches my solution to the media before Putin does this time. Otherwise he should just hand me the reigns when it comes to dealing with this guy.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

if it were that simple...but they want Ukraine...the sooner the better...

Ukraine is the largest single European country...a huge market for the capitalist to play with. They want it so badly they can smell it's panties, so to speak. If they can shake it off Russia's hands...it would be a dream come true.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I just hope Obama pitches my solution to the media before Putin does this time. Otherwise he should just hand me the reigns when it comes to dealing with this guy.

It's worth understanding...that from the western perspective...Putin is the bad guy...but that's not a universal opinion. You can be sure that similar opinions come from east regarding western politicians and powers.

He is simply doing what the US has been doing for the last 50 years...and it has been the single most damning excuse (IMO)....protecting national military and economic interests....which happen to be on foreign soil. Protecting national interest is a legalized occupation. And if anyone made it legal...it's the US.

Why you feel what Putin does is worse than what the US has been doing. At least in Ukraine there are Russians as indigenous people...so he has a foothold at least...which is more than I can say for th US's wars fought in the last 50...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by Bone75

Ukraine is the largest single European country...a huge market for the capitalist to play with.

What capitalists, if I may ask?
The Russians?? Or are you talking about the EU/€Z-centralistic syndicalists?

I agree with your second post though.
edit on 7-3-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

I happen to admire Putin much more than our leaders here in the US, but I'm still and forever will be an American. I'd just like to see my country show the rest of the world that we can help solve a problem without using drones and bombs.

In the Syrian crisis, I offered up a solution to that one as well. It was a very short (1 page) thread, in which almost every poster suggested that I was living in a fantasy land and that the parties involved would never go for it. Well guess what? Less than a week later Putin took my suggestion and ran with it... and came out smelling like a rose. Obama needs to take my advice this time and publicly push for a deal that assures the Ukraine will not join the EU.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
My solution to the crisis in Ukraine. KEEP OUT OF IT. it's between Russia and Ukraine. Why oh why must countries that have nothing at all to do with it keep diplomatically sticking their oar in. It's nothing to do with us!!!!
edit on 7-3-2014 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

crayzeed
My solution to the crisis in Ukraine. KEEP OUT OF IT. it's between Russia and Ukraine. Why oh why must countries that have nothing at all to do with it keep diplomatically sticking their oar in. It's nothing to do with us!!!!
edit on 7-3-2014 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

I second that. The Solution is to let the Russians and Ukrainians fight it out with No involvement of the UN, EU or USA - or anyone else. It's none of our business.

If Russia slaughters all of the Ukraine so be it.. None of our business. Not our job to police, keep peace, ally with etc either side.

Yes, people will die. That's unfortunate but it's not our concern.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I don't want to burst your bubble but Putin is merely a puppet for the Russian Mafia. They control everything in the country and don't make even the slightest attempt to hide it. Putin doesn't even take a crap without their permission. Take a trip to Moscow for a day or two. You'll understand what I'm saying very quickly.

top topics

join