It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone have experience with lights suddenly becoming brighter?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't know if it's just me, but within the last couple of years or so, there are times when the light in the room suddenly becomes brighter. I don't know if it's just my eyes, but it's not like a little bit brighter, it gets a LOT brighter. I look at the light source, the bulb or whatever, and it looks really really bright. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Sounds like you have an electrical connection problem to me. I would get an electrician to look at it.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Many energy saving light bulbs do that, they start off dim then brighten, eventually, annoyingly, whilst also not being very eco friendly!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Your electricity is fluctuating. Something in your home is probably turning off (hot water heater, water pump, etc) and then the draw on your power is less so then the lights get brighter. Maybe a breaker in your sub panel is getting weak.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
We had this. Sometimes, quite late the evening all our lights would flicker. We investigated and it's the fluctuation of our electric supply as things go on and off. I think in the end we worked out that it was the fridge that came on.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Fluctuations in power surges....happens all the time in my home. It doesn't require a storm for that to happen. Peak usage times causing a drain on the power providers, will cause it to happen. That's why I use surge protectors on all my electrical appliances.

Des

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I bought a whole house surge protector and that helped with this here. It levels out the surges and brownouts.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
First find out if its YOU or the HOUSE.

Get someone else or have someone confirm if its house... or record a video and re watch it.

You might have a problem with your photosensitive cells in your eyes, which might lead to blindness and migraines... worse..cancer in brain.

it could be your surge protectors.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

It could be one of three things.

A) There was a power surge.

B) Your lights are dieing.

C) You have an electrical problem in your house.

I was in the same boat acouple years ago until I did some research and found out that it was just that my Lights were just getting old, I was told by an electrician that they burn brighter when they are on their way out.

What kind of light bulbs are you using?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Try turning the light off and then back on again. Bulbs (the type with a wire fillament) often burn brighter when the wire fillament is about to break. When they're in that state turning them of usually causes them to stay off

Other than that the only other thing that can cause them to burn brighter is if the voltage to your home increases. The brightness of your lights is directly governed by the voltage supply. People often refer to this as a "Power surge", but in reality its just an increase in voltage.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Ok, it happens in all kinds of different places. I don't have a house, or a home for that matter. I understand that high efficiency lights need to warm up, I know what that looks like. It's not a power surge, it's a gradual brightening, and it stays bright, no hiccup in the power as if something were turning on in another place on that grid.

It doesn't look like something normally explained by the obvious, otherwise I wouldn't post, but thanks.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'll have to pay more attention, it's only happened about a half a dozen times now, but it is profound in that it isn't like anything I've ever seen.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Mon1k3r
I don't know if it's just me, but within the last couple of years or so, there are times when the light in the room suddenly becomes brighter. I don't know if it's just my eyes, but it's not like a little bit brighter, it gets a LOT brighter. I look at the light source, the bulb or whatever, and it looks really really bright. Thanks.

Sounds kind of funny but I always swear that the lighting in the house brightens considerably after I clean. I've pointed it out to my kids and my fiance though and they've begun to notice it, too. We're all pretty certain that those evil dust bunnies harbor the ability to darken the room.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

It's probably what everyone has already said about electrical fluctuations.

Also sometimes your pupils can spontaneously get a lot bigger if you are focused too hard, Or if you zone out and back in, and everything will get a lot brighter.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightLight

That's starting to make more sense. I can only remember one time that it happened when I was around others, and I asked them if they noticed it, one person said yes and two other people said no. Otherwise I've been alone. But yeah, it's probably my pupils opening way up for whatever reason. Flashback, seizure, tumor... could be anything.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth
Many energy saving light bulbs do that, they start off dim then brighten, eventually, annoyingly, whilst also not being very eco friendly!

Yeah, lots of mercury, right?

Enough to poison small children and animals, or is that just the doomers?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

I see where you put this. You're experiencing a phenomenon, aren't you? Nobody says anything or seems to notice but you, right?

Yeah ... it's been happening to me too. Just a couple of times over the last month, but it made an impression on me.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Snarl

I see where you put this. You're experiencing a phenomenon, aren't you? Nobody says anything or seems to notice but you, right?

Yeah ... it's been happening to me too. Just a couple of times over the last month, but it made an impression on me.

One other person said they noticed it too. Yesterday I was in the garage talking on the phone and the single, old style bulb got really bright... to where it actually made me squint!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If its not just in your house, its almost certainly your eyes. My eyes have extremely large pupils, so large that cops have assumed I was on drugs when I wasn't. When your pupils get bigger, they let more light in, so things appear brighter. So, maybe check your pupils every once in a while to see if the dilation is changing?

Have you ever taken a hard hit to the head? The chief of the stickfighting group I'm a part of told us that he took a solid backhand to the right temple, and his pupil immediately started acting funny. He said that years later, he was having some vision problems, and the eye doctor looked at him, and asked if he'd ever been hit in the head. The doctor said that the backhand strike was the most likely culprit, and the eye condition has lasted for years. Maybe you've bumped your head and now the pupil dilation is causing your perception of light to change?

I've had my pupils artificially stimulated to their maximum size (almost the whole iris was black) and I certainly perceived everything to be brighter.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by conundrummer

AGHHH MY EYEBALLS IS BROKEN!

I was concerned about that when it started, that was actually my first assumption. But on one occasion, a person said they noticed it too, but that was only one person. If it happens a few more times with myself and other people at the same time... I don't know, it just doesn't seem like the kind of thing that is happening physically to me, although my perception is all I have and it could be all effed up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join