It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Knew CIA Secretly Monitored Intelligence Committee

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
A leading US senator has said that President Obama knew of an “unprecedented action” taken by the CIA against the Senate intelligence committee, which has apparently prompted an inspector general’s inquiry at Langley.

The subtle reference in a Tuesday letter from Senator Mark Udall to Obama, seeking to enlist the president’s help in declassifying a 6,300-page inquiry by the committee into torture carried out by CIA interrogators after 9/11, threatens to plunge the White House into a battle between the agency and its Senate overseers.

McClatchy and the New York Times reported Wednesday that the CIA had secretly monitored computers used by committee staffers preparing the inquiry report, which is said to be scathing not only about the brutality and ineffectiveness of the agency’s interrogation techniques but deception by the CIA to Congress and policymakers about it. The CIA sharply disputes the committee’s findings.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

The CIA sharply disputes the committee’s findings.

Thats how you know theres something to it.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Naturally, the people at the top love spying on their own people but don't like it when they are spied upon.

P.S. - at this time you forgot to post a link to the article: Guardian

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Elton

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I wonder if Obama still thinks nobody is spying on him?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

The CIA knows everything, IMO.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

network dude
I wonder if Obama still thinks nobody is spying on him?

I suspect he knows that he is and that there are people who tell him (not advise) what to do as President.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

This should not surprise anybody, because is well known that the Director of the CIA reports directly to the President of the US, CIA is one of the few agencies that are under the presidential directive, no so much with the bastard child call the NSA that now is in the hands of private interest working in behave of the government.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

There was an NSA "whistle blower" that has been making the independent circuit (sort of) saying that he received orders to monitor Obama when he was just a Senator. I saw the guy on RT's Breaking the Set (propaganda of a different variety).

Perhaps lending more credence to presidents being "selected."

So yes, Obama has to know he is/was/currently being monitored.

I've always wondered if every new president (except 2) gets "the talk." The talk that reminds them of what happened to JFK and doing anything other than what they are told regarding "major plays" will yield a JFK ending for them.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WCmutant

Interesting. You said except 2. Which 2?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
There's not a smidgeon of proof here.

They may have unwittingly spied on them but not intentionally.

Just helping the President with his lies...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

WCmutant
Perhaps lending more credence to presidents being "selected."

Seeing Obama and how he came to power, it's hard to come to any other conclusion than that.

I think the next 3 or 4 have already been selected. But hey, don't forget to VOTE!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

You know things have gotten bad when government entities refuse to accept congressional oversight - which is Congresses job.

At what point did the executive branch agencies determine they no longer had to answer to the government?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

They don't answer to the government since they became part of the corporate dictatorship that runs behind the presidential seat, the president call the shots for the voters and tax payer to see, but behind the president is another whole government call the shadow government and that government has been established since Reagan.

The secret is out and has been out for a long time, but it means nothing anymore. Our government is not better than any other editorship in third world countries where the wealth of the nations is stolen away by the few, in America is call capitalism but it only works one way while the biggest wealth is held by a few they still allow a few to think that they can live the American dream, when things get too hard to control due to their waste they get bailout by the people while the rest lose everything.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Can't argue there. I was active duty USMC, I came back, had trouble finding work, and now I work on swimming pools and I'm about to lose everything....well everything I haven't lost already.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

devildogUSMC
reply to post by marg6043

Can't argue there. I was active duty USMC, I came back, had trouble finding work, and now I work on swimming pools and I'm about to lose everything....well everything I haven't lost already.

What was your MOS and what general area do you live in? If you don't mind.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

0311 and Jersey. Don't mind at all.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I'll poke around the community for anything that's open. You never know.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Much appreciated.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Opposed to going somewhere sandy and getting shot at as an incidental?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join