It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First was Abby Martin, now Liz Wahl (RT) on Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
You gotta love these RT girls !

Yesterday I posted this video in a thread about Abby Martin : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Today we have another RT journalist : Liz Wahl showing Putin what a good journalist is :

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I might be wrong here, but reporters that have integrity?
Sounds like propaganda from the US.. I wonder who paid those two off?

Again, I may be wrong..

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
They both have a lot of guts. And they're right.

Go Abby and Liz!

ETA: Here is the Abby video. I want to see them both on the same page

And they both seem genuine to me, and they probably have been enduring a lot of pressure to say things they did not believe in as well.

They certainly echo my sentiments as a daughter of immigrants and Ukrainians.

edit on 3/5/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

They both sounded real to me and I admire these 2 women. Embarrassing situation for male RT journalists right now.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So she is a good journalist because she is pro-west. And some emotional gibberish on top of that.
Is that it?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

An honnor to have an ukrainian posting in my thread

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Yusomad

What's wrong with emotion?

Maybe if there were more real emotion there wouldn't be a need for all the propoganda.

reply to post by Trueman

First gen, Ukrainian-American. And thanks.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Yusomad
So she is a good journalist because she is pro-west. And some emotional gibberish on top of that.
Is that it?

She is not pro-west. She is doing the right thing and speaking from her heart.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Where was their journalistic integrity in all the months or years of RT news coverage criticizing the U.S. or putting an anti-American spin on virtually every news item?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
RT's response to the above video:

Ms. Wahl’s resignation comes on the heels of her colleague Abby Martin’s recent comments in which she voiced her disagreement with certain policies of the Russian government and asserted her editorial independence. The difference is, Ms. Martin spoke in the context of her own talk show, to the viewers who have been tuning in for years to hear her opinions on current events, the opinions that most media did not care about until two days ago. For years Ms. Martin has been speaking out against U.S. military intervention only to be ignored by the mainstream news outlets — but with that one comment, branded as an act of defiance, she became an overnight sensation. It is a tempting example to follow.

When a journalist disagrees with the editorial position of his or her organization, the usual course of action is to address those grievances with the editor, and, if they cannot be resolved, to quit like a professional. But when someone makes a big public show of a personal decision, it is nothing more than a self-promotional stunt.

We wish Liz the best of luck on her chosen path.

I can't disagree with either side on this particular issue.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Didn't Larry King just join RT?

If so that might be enough for the ladies to resign?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Maybe that was within the bounds of their integrity too. We might never really know.

Reading the RT response was interesting too. I still find what both said pretty believable though.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Maybe, but, as you say we may never know for sure...we can only really go by their own statements - which say the Russian government is funding (controlling?) the editorial content...it's quite unlikely that started with this current crisis in Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

kosmicjack
Where was their journalistic integrity in all the months or years of RT news coverage criticizing the U.S. or putting an anti-American spin on virtually every news item?

Frequently, it takes a situation that touch you inside deeply to make the best of you come out. Then it becomes a life changing experience.
edit on 5-3-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

True, very true. I've always found RT to be pretty balanced in comparison to well, you know, our media, but we're all intelligent enough to realize that there's always someone with an agenda controlling everything that goes on the air, no matter how we choose to interpret it.

Then again, everyone has their limits and even biases, particularly when it hits close to home.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Wahl just said on CNN that "

RT is not about truth, it's about promoting a Putin-ist agenda and, in fact, an anti- American agenda."

She actually sounds concerned for her safety. There was a slight tremor in her voice.
edit on 3/5/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

kosmicjack
Wahl just said on CNN that "RT is not about truth, it's about promoting a Putin-ist agenda and, in fact, an anti- American agenda."

She actually sounds concerned for her safety.

Wow.

I have to ask though...has Putin-ist reeally the right word for their agenda? Somehow I don't believe it is.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Yusomad
Is that it?

I am against both horses in this race, but I just wanted to add that ^ this was exactly my thoughts when I saw this video this morning.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Gotta Love these two. I don't agree with a lower-down post that this was scripted. Or maybe that was on Abby's Vid? Hell, don't matter. These 2 spoke from their Hearts. Thanx for the Shares of this, and Abyy's yesterday. S+F from me.

Later, Syx.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

JacKatMtn
Didn't Larry King just join RT?

If so that might be enough for the ladies to resign?

I dont know if he is on RT but he is on oratv along with Jesse Ventura.
edit on 5-3-2014 by snypwsd because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join