It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are incharge in Ukraine?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hi

I have been haveing a hard time to find out who is in charge in Ukraine. And by that i mean technicly incharge. In regards to the consitution of the country?

And what i realy don't understand is why... as far as i know Ukraine has nothing valuable other than grain... And alittle oil?

I do understand and know that they got gas pipes...

Please shed some light !

//RufuZ
*SNIP*

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.
edit on 3/5/2014 by Blaine91555 because: DRUG REFERENCE IN VIOLATION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE!

edit on 3/5/2014 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rufuz

Currently it's CIA. Oh wait...
LOL

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rufuz

I understand and can empathize with your confusion.

Technically the elected person Viktor Yanukovych is "in charge". The person has sought refuge in Russia because of the current uprising. Ukraine has 'elected' a new leader and he is in charge of the country (not sure of the person's name). Russia doesn't recognize the new government / the west does.

Sooooooo.........the drama drags on.

In conclusion?!?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well i would like.... Just for kicks.. A link the Ukraine constitution!

In English if anyone posses such a doc it would be awesome!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
lol my co-worker form Ukraine joked about Ukraine government... he said with his Russian like accent... In Ukraine, you just walk up to a guy on the street and ask him if he wants to be in the government.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

luciddream
lol my co-worker form Ukraine joked about Ukraine government... he said with his Russian like accent... In Ukraine, you just walk up to a guy on the street and ask him if he wants to be in the government.

You made me lol irl! It seems to be like that... I just hope they avoid a blood bath... but the russian army can be brutal if they must.

Also that joke got me thinking of this:

//Rufuz

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by minusinfinity

There is an interim president that was installed by persons unknown (TPTB) as well as the freely elected president in exile,Yanukovich. Elections have not been held and were supposed to be held in May although I may be mistaken on that.

As for their constitution a google search should provide that info.

ETA: basically what's happened is the oiligarchies after realising there is substantial gas reserves in the Black Sea are attempting to seize Russias Gazprom pipelines in order to capitalize those reserves for the European market without having to invest in infrastructure.
edit on 3/5/2014 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kukri

That much i am aware... When i do i get it in Russian or Ukrainian...

And Google translate is # tbh....

I will make more effort after som Food!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rufuz

I have been having a hard time to find out who is in charge in Ukraine.

Oh its the good guys with Molotov cocktails and home made bombs in charge of Kiev. And Kiev alone.

Watch RT to get a (nother) view besides the western mainstream.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Kukri

There is an interim president that was installed by persons unknown (TPTB) as well as the freely elected president in exile,Yanukovich. Elections have not been held and were supposed to be held in May although I may be mistaken on that.

As for their constitution a google search should provide that info.

Not sure where you are but it's March here May hasn't arrived.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rufuz

I see! I'll try to help you and post any links I find as soon as I get on my PC. ( It's a pain doing that on my tablet)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Try reading my post again

"...Were supposed to be held in May."

As in two months from now. Seems a perfect timing to prevent any possible election of a pro-Russian government. They have effectively suspended democracy in Ukraine.

When and if elections will be held is another question as I doubt the situation will allow for the scheduled elections to proceed.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to rufuz post by Rufuz

Hope this helps rufuz.
en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3/5/2014 by Kukri because: sp

ETA: S&F I think you asked a pertinent question as I doubt most people have any clue about the motives behind to coup and this thread can fill in some blanks.
edit on 3/5/2014 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/5/2014 by Kukri because: fat fingers

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well okay i did some Reading and checking.... Ukraine is dirt poor no offence but i cant se this conflict has grounds in economics...

I know that Viktor Yanukovych was a corrupt idiot who likes the old ways alittle to much. He likes bribes etc (A politician)

Oleksandr Turchynov is another story seems clean enough for a politician but he is unelected, So there is a issue of legitimacy in the current government, and that i can understand.

Putin is him self, Always erratic. Either he lost Control or something else is going on.

The responses have been strange from the western worlds to be honest... This hole thing feels strange. I learned in war School that in war, Be it trade WARs / world WARs or local conflicts, atleast one party has a clean goal on what they need to achive in order to win.

I fail to see this from the russian. Also i do not se how the west could profit from it either way... the only one that suffers are the civilians in this conflict and to me that is disgusting...

//rufuz

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
These guys are in charge basically:

They are chanting "Smert vragam!" ("Death to enemies").

edit on 5-3-2014 by Etherguide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rufuz

Here - www.president.gov.ua...

Article 111 covers the impeachment process.

Article 111. The President of Ukraine may be removed from the office by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine in compliance with a procedure of impeachment if he commits treason or other crime.

The issue of the removal of the President of Ukraine from the office in compliance with a procedure of impeachment shall be initiated by the majority of the constitutional membership of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.

The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine shall establish a special ad hoc investigating commission, composed of special prosecutor and special investigators to conduct an investigation.

The conclusions and proposals of the ad hoc investigating commission shall be considered at the meeting of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.

On the ground of evidence, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine shall, by at least two-thirds of its constitutional membership, adopt a decision to bring charges against the President of Ukraine.

The decision on the removal of the President of Ukraine from the office in compliance with the procedure of impeachment shall be adopted by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine by at least three-quarters of its constitutional membership upon a review of the case by the Constitutional Court of Ukraine, and receipt of its opinion on the observance of the constitutional procedure of investigation and consideration of the case of impeachment, and upon a receipt of the opinion of the Supreme Court of Ukraine to the effect that the acts, of which the President of Ukraine is accused, contain elements of treason or other crime.

Yanukovich was unconstitutionally removed as due process with the Rada wasn't followed and the parliamentary vote was eight short of the 3/4 total parliamentary vote required to impeach him.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

bastion
reply to post by Rufuz

Here - www.president.gov.ua...

Article 111 covers the impeachment process.

Article 111. The President of Ukraine may be removed from the office by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine in compliance with a procedure of impeachment if he commits treason or other crime.

The issue of the removal of the President of Ukraine from the office in compliance with a procedure of impeachment shall be initiated by the majority of the constitutional membership of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.

The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine shall establish a special ad hoc investigating commission, composed of special prosecutor and special investigators to conduct an investigation.

The conclusions and proposals of the ad hoc investigating commission shall be considered at the meeting of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.

On the ground of evidence, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine shall, by at least two-thirds of its constitutional membership, adopt a decision to bring charges against the President of Ukraine.

The decision on the removal of the President of Ukraine from the office in compliance with the procedure of impeachment shall be adopted by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine by at least three-quarters of its constitutional membership upon a review of the case by the Constitutional Court of Ukraine, and receipt of its opinion on the observance of the constitutional procedure of investigation and consideration of the case of impeachment, and upon a receipt of the opinion of the Supreme Court of Ukraine to the effect that the acts, of which the President of Ukraine is accused, contain elements of treason or other crime.

Yanukovich was unconstitutionally removed as due process with the Rada wasn't followed and the parliamentary vote was eight short of the 3/4 total parliamentary vote required to impeach him.

That is the real kicker now right?

Ukraine President Viktor Yanukovych, who fled to Russia last week after months of public unrest against his government that ultimately boiled over into violence, has no legitimacy

Got that from the CNN website... Jesus christ what a mess!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rufuz

The Ukrainian government.

The only thing that changed there was the lawful removal of the former President. Well, that and the invasion of the Crimea by Russia.
edit on 5-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The Russians are in charge.

Any others only think they're in charge.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

bg_socalif
The Russians are in charge.

Any others only think they're in charge.

Putin said there are no Russian forces in Ukraine. How are they in charge?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join