It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people sheep?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
OK. I don't mean to offend anyone, and I do understand people are a product of their enviroment so they are going to be similar, but it seems that no one can think and act for themselves.

I've been noticing it when coming across internet forums. Firstly people most get so angry online. Its just a bunch of text on a screen. But whats even worse is that people will get angry without using that anger constructively. Secondly, defending a point on the basis of culture. People in America, France, Japan, South Africa etc, always claim the superiority of the country. The arguements they use though are usually ridiculous. More emotional than logical demonstrating a lack of research on their part.

The other question I want to ask is, why are people so afraid of trying a new way of living. Why do they think sticking to a belief that has no rational basis is beneficial?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Totally agree with ya, some people get too p#*sed off and argue just for the sake of it, or shoot their mouths off without getting information from both sides. As for people being sheep, ive never got my head around that, Ive always made my own choices and opinions. It must be in their d.n.a!.
Good rant sir!

B.V.H

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by depleteduranium92

Heh, everyone of us, whether we like to admit it, are programmed from birth. We are programmed by our parents. We are programmed by our teachers. We are programmed by our "leaders." We are programmed by television PROGRAMMING. It's called that for a reason, by the way, and not for the reason one might think. Lol. Sure, some of us seem to overcome all of this crap to an extent, but do we really?? Objectively speaking, I would say, "No," we never REALLY do.
edit on 5-3-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

US citizens have been systematically trained not to use their critical thinking skills since the onset of WW1.

The reason so many succumb or maintain this state is the real physical pain and energy it takes to grasp just how bad things are.

These people need help and support, not derision. Please make that commitment to yourself.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Everything you do is programming. Your brain is a learning machine. You learn by copying. The only trick to it is to actively choose programming you would like to further enact. Be the sheep that hops fences.

There are also devices that disrupt programming. These are things that make you feel uncomfortable. If you are in your comfort zone you are happy with your programming.

edit on 5-3-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Sheep tend to follow as opposed to striking out on their own, or using their own brain...

Heres proof

Sheep Vs Goat

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm not a sheep. I have been called a pig by the wife on occasion though.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Here's a good article that describes how people can be categorized as sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs. It explains the social and scientific reasons why most people are hard wired to be sheep and what one can do to become more of a sheepdog.

touch.artofmanliness.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: depleteduranium92

OK. I don't mean to offend anyone,

You ask why people are sheep, and you start like this?

Offend me, dagnabit, it's the only way to be REAL when you're frustrated! Alternatively, say what you want to say and don't WORRY about offending anyone. I think this answers your own question - people are sheeple because they care more about 'offending anyone' than what they are actually saying.

new topics

top topics

join