It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are commodities. Took me a lifetime but I get it now. I was blinded by religion for a long

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I watched an interview with Paul Ryan this morning on Morning Joe. Health care is an important issue to me. I wanted the one payer system for all US citizens. I do not like Obamacare. But I think I like the Republican plan even less after listening to Paul Ryan. He summed up his philosophy in one sentence. He was saying how medicaid is a failed system:

"Every time a patient walks into a doctor's office, the doctor loses money".

Now I get it. He would have been more accurate to use the word "commodity" instead of "patient".

Video:

on.msnbc.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

Why do you think Human Extinction Movement is trying to prevent humans from reproducing too much?

Then, a secret society chooses who is deemed "fit" and who is not. By fit, of course, they mean "those who agree with our ideology".

The "unfit" die off, and only the "fit" keeps receiving care and prosper. Eugenics.

edit on 5-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I was intrigued by your headline but

What has this to do with religion

Christianity teaches that we are valuable to God, so valuable that God would die for us

I dont get the link

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

The elite very much view us as "commodities." Yes.

link   
reply to post by MOMof3

Religion is also a system of man. Follow Christ because he is the word of God.
I do and it feels really good. You don't need religion. All you need is Christ.
Read his words and you will see that there are no contradictions or lies in
anything he said. And he said," Iam the truth, the life and the way".
edit on 5-3-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

link   

borntowatch
I was intrigued by your headline but

What has this to do with religion

Christianity teaches that we are valuable to God, so valuable that God would die for us

I dont get the link

His head line is correct. The state keeps the people poor and the church keeps them stupid.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Perhaps she was referencing the "religion" of statism.
edit on 5-3-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

borntowatch
so valuable that God would die for us

God should really reconsider that whole "burn most everybody in hell" approach.

I mean Jesus saved us from what, God's wrath?

God dies to save us from his own wrath....why didn't he just not "wrath" in the first place?

Not to derail the thread entirely, I think the super rich bipartisan politicians deciding our lives for us era is....just about finished.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

DeadGhost

borntowatch
so valuable that God would die for us

God should really reconsider that whole "burn most everybody in hell" approach.

I mean Jesus saved us from what, God's wrath?

God dies to save us from his own wrath....why didn't he just not "wrath" in the first place?

Not to derail the thread entirely, I think the super rich bipartisan politicians deciding our lives for us era is....just about finished.

You can't derail by staying on topic as indicated by the heading.
edit on 5-3-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Humans are definitely a commodity. We are treated like cattle,or sheep. You are a number...your birth date,your social insurance,your bank account,your drivers licence,your address...and most of all,you are a demographic,a statistic used by corporations,and government to control and rule over,you. Most valued above all though,is our children. Bought,sold,traded,within our society,and worse,shipped out of. Ask any CPS office the value of a child in their care. I bet the answer you get comes in a dollar value,not that you cannot as a human being,put a price on another human being. We have as much value,monetarily,as those in power choose to give us. To them, I don't believe we are worth much else. Souls are simply open for trade on Wall Street. Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
After the corporations and the banks and the governments of this rock have gained control of all of the easily harvested and hoarded resources, and the not so easy resources become too expensive to "Exploit", they then move on to more easily "Exploitable" resources.

The biggest and dumbest and most plentiful resource to be "Exploited" after all others are exhausted or in the firm control of one or another fictional legal entity, corporate person or whatever.......

Are....drumroll...."Human Resources"

The truth is plain to see unless you live a deluded little life in your self made cage, a slave to debt and unable to do anything but work your meaningless job, come back to your cage and watch your TV, fill yourself full of drugs and alcohol to kill the pain of living your miserable little lives.

No offense intended, but this is what I have seen around me for at least two decades.

It reminds me of living in the "Matrix", surrounded by people ignorant to the truth, who when witnessing someone different than themselves can and will become agents of the operating system...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

Humans aren't commodities. This thinking and the way Paul Ryan reasons are a result of corporations programming humans with their value system. Ayn Rand is a icon in this value system but I'm not convinced she was a real person. A propaganda meme I think.

It's absolutely pervasive in the US. It's everywhere you look once you realize whats happening.

People think "They Live" was a low rate science fiction movie --it wasn't.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Well, I agree with you. In TRUTH, we aren't commodities, but the elite very certainly view us as such. To say they don't would be turning a blind eye to the obviousness of their views of the common man, and their actions towards us.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Of course. Most people would rather turn to different forms of escapism than to open their eyes and do anything about what they see occurring around them. It's just a sad, harsh, cold truth.
edit on 5-3-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

I guess that's better than considering them biological infestations but, I think you still have some growing to do.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

Ok, so he's human. He admitted doctors are part of a business.

Well someone has to think about the costs. What do you expect????? Healthcare is as much a business as it's anything else, if not moreso.

Doctors and their instruments are not cheap. Doctors require enormous effort and intelligence and education and practice. If doctors and their tools were infinite and did not require anything, we could probably have free healthcare for all.

It's painful to admit, but we all have a dollar value attached to us. You work or you die, unless you're fortunate enough to have people who love you enough and can afford to go out of their way to help you. Many are not as fortunate to have that. Plain and simply put: work is a cost and cost has a dollar value.

What's a human if they don't work? Unless you value them simply for their presence, they'll fail to pull their weight. They have $0.00 attached to their name which effectively means they're weighing others down, forcing them to help them or let them die. This is understandable if they cannot work, but if they can, most won't have any love for them, except only their closest relatives or friends. Even people who cannot work often fail to receive the help they need for the very reason it cannot be afforded by those who can work.

If you had a son who didn't work and yet you felt he could and you paid for his food and water and so on, should you instead tell him to leave and use your money to help someone who cannot work? This is easier said than done if you care for your son and are unsure why he doesn't work. What if your son, while appearing to be able to work, cannot? On the surface this problem looks simple: just give your son the boot and tell him good luck. There're many instances of this dilemma showing up in other avenues of life, too. For example, why should american babies be treated with higher regard than babies born in africa? Why should americans enjoy modern conveniences when close to a billion non-US people don't have access to clean water? Why invest 100's of millions in a 1 percent increase in US college graduates when in some countries their citizens don't even have reliable access to highschool-level education? Was it their fault to be born elsewhere?

Love cannot eliminate the cold hard fact that everything has a cost/benefit ratio. Everybody has limits, past which they cannot meet the demands. No matter how lucky you're in life, you're vulnerable and can lose everything.

Fundamentally this is all about making good choices. When you make good choices, you cut down on the costs, allowing more benefit to be produced. If there was no difference between good and bad choices, we could ignore it.
edit on 5-3-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
We are here to provide services to them; pump their gas, grow their food, clean their homes, and to be good little consumers so that we make more money for them.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Any time a patient who is relying on either Medicare or Medicaid walks into the doctor's office, the doctor is indeed losing money. Why? Because no matter what the rate of service is, the government will only pay about $0.80 on the dollar for it. What would you call that for the doctor?

Now, I would like to think that doctors could just heal everyone for free, but the hard truth is that they have to make a living, too, and it isn't exactly cheap for them attain the level of education to be a doctor, nor is it cheap to maintain the level of insurance it takes to protect them from lawsuits, nor is it cheap to run an office in accordance with all the rules the government demands they follow.

Soooo, they have to make money selling their services, and if the government forces them accept less money than what they would otherwise charge for every patient that walks through the door whose insurance provider is the government ... then, yes, they are losing money on those patients.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The "powers that be" view humans as resources, and expendable ones at that.

The issue is that their management of this "resource" is poorly implemented, and doesnt even benefit them as much as other options could. I think this might be due to playing a "long game" with only short-sighted perspectives.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
"Every time a patient walks into a doctor's office, the doctor loses money".

Now I get it. He would have been more accurate to use the word "commodity" instead of "patient".

Video:

on.msnbc.com...

They lose money because of insurance. Insurance is the problem. Think of the tremendous load that for- profit insurance companies put I the health care system. Double dipping with high cost malpractice policies on one side and higher premiums on the other. The corps., execs, shareholders all get some.
All you need to know is what care cost back in the 50s - 70s when most people did not have "insurance". Insurance simply makes everything cost much more. It's mostly a scam, that's why it's mandatory for everything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join