It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

28-Year Old CEO of Bitcoin Exchange Suicide.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
There been a lot of funny things going on in the world of bitcoin lately with hundreds of million
of bitcoins just vanishing in to virtual thin air when exchanges get hacked.

So to add to the funny stuff there also the death of a 28-year-old CEO of Singapore Bitcoin exchange
which the police are suggesting is suicide but have exact reason why she would kill here self.

According to Tech in Asia, Singapore-based Bitcoin exchange platform First Meta’s 28 year old CEO Autumn Radtke committed suicide.

Reasons are currently unknown.

First Meta is a Singaporean start up company that runs a exchange platform for virtual currencies such as Bitcoin. The news of suicide of its CEO Autumn Radtke spread on Facebook and Twitter, drawing attention from the BItcoin industry.

The exact reason that may have led to the suicide is not known, and whether the Police have concluded that the cause of death is suicide is also unofficial. First Meta has stated that an official announcement will be given by the company soon.

Before joining First Meta, Radtke was the Director of Business Development at Xfire – a company that develops IM systems for gamers. Radtke was also the Co-founder, Business Development at Geodelic Systems, Inc.

ZEROHEDGE

Rest in peace, Autumn.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I think this is very suspicious. Person dealing with currency not controlled by the reserve systems turns up dead at 28. Very suspicious.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Bitcoin theft may be turning into a serious business. If too much is stolen, will it be a deal breaker for the Bitcoin currency? Lack of faith in it by potential legitimate users.

Never underestimate the lengths people will go to for greed.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Oh my! This is very suspicious to say the least!
She dont look the suicide type to me. Theres no
suicide in her eyes.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Not nearly enough information. Is it possible she was on anti-depressant medication? They need to dig into her history a little bit and maybe that has been done already. But generally someone with no history especially to family and friends could be deemed somewhat suspicious. Also factor in the business aspect on how she runs it then yes you could have a conspiracy rate here.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

There is a lot of motive for well paid hackers to hack bitcoin, not for the bitcoin itself, but to make the currency look unsafe and unstable. We could have the fed or just about anyone in the banking industry do it.

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Lincoln. Kennedy. Hussein. Khadaffi. Think you have an idea for a better monetary system than Giant Criminal Central Banking? Better keep it to yourself.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Could this be somehow tied to the long list of recent banker suicides, or is it something else?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

GogoVicMorrow

There is a lot of motive for well paid hackers to hack bitcoin, not for the bitcoin itself, but to make the currency look unsafe and unstable. We could have the fed or just about anyone in the banking industry do it.

Good point. Not sure how someone can cash in millions in bitcoins without being tracked, short of a criminal bank system or such. It could just be attempts to destroy the system by those with other interests to protect.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Good point. Not sure how someone can cash in millions in bitcoins without being tracked, short of a criminal bank system or such. It could just be attempts to destroy the system by those with other interests to protect.

Anyone who had millions in assets and thought BC was a good investment could turn someone else's BCs into cash at a high fee. A high fee in Bitcoins.

The BC seller would pay for speed of conversion and/or anonymity by selling at a lower than market value.

Sometimes when you want a particular thing, and you have to act fast; like during an EBay auction or traveling far from home, the cost is less important.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
And maybe that is how the intermediate gets 'suicided' to remove the trail.

I can't help but believe the NSA is monitoring Bitcoin transactions in a major way and figuring out who are the biggest players, etc.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

GogoVicMorrow

Because it wasn't secure and doesn't matter who hacked them to prove that point.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I read a very interesting article called The Doomsday Cult of Bitcoin which is somewhat related...

It highlights the problems currently driving Bitcoin to the end of extinction... With the "series of unfortunate events" plaguing the digital currency one may start to wonder whether external forces may be at play here.

Others - like myself - would like to believe that it was bound to happen. Bitcoin is (was?) simply a fantasy of some geeks and friends and would never have succeeded... My opinion, based on nothing but educated guesswork...

From the article:

The uncomfortable fact for Bitcoin believers is that every major prediction they've made has yet to come true. And as time passes and the inevitable fizzle-out of Bitcoin becomes visible, those believers will splinter. More will drop out of the cult. And the ones who remain will only grow more convinced, more zealous, more eager to share the good news.
The nature of a speculative commodity like Bitcoin is that it essentially runs on hope – the more people who buy the hype, the higher the value goes, and the more firms like Andreessen Horowitz are willing to pump money into strengthening the Bitcoin ecosystem. Wish for the UFO hard enough, and it might actually arrive.

But the Bitcoin dream is all but dead. Now the true believers are trying to cope with their setbacks by increasing their numbers. And if history is any guide, they’ll keep telling you the bright future of Bitcoin is just ahead, long after they've ceased to believe it themselves.

So whether there is something more to this suicide - impossible to say. Although it hardly affects Bitcoin directly as far as I can tell...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The idea behind BC is being confused with BC itself. BC is made to be used as a form of money. Its not intended as an income investment per se.

In that sense, as a noninflateable medium of exchange, BitCoin or crypto-currencies in general, will always have the potential to be the biggest economic fact on Earth.

Just as water is valuable in the desert but easily wasted most other places, BC will be unusually valuable until the monetary system completely stops inflating.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Ok, suicide, sure.

What about all the threats CEO of Bitcoins would be facing now that so many people lost thousands/millions?!

I remember months ago when I bought some, it costed like $250/bitcoin!!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Semicollegiate
The idea behind BC is being confused with BC itself. BC is made to be used as a form of money. Its not intended as an income investment per se.

In that sense, as a noninflateable medium of exchange, BitCoin or crypto-currencies in general, will always have the potential to be the biggest economic fact on Earth.

Just as water is valuable in the desert but easily wasted most other places, BC will be unusually valuable until the monetary system completely stops inflating.

Bitcoin, like other currencies, is also speculated on as an investment. In fact, at this point in time I would say even more so than used as a currency. The problems with theft are, AFAIK, due to people leaving their bitcoin in online wallets (in exchanges like Mt Gox) instead of their own offline wallets. People in the 'know' also recommend doing smallish transactions instead of one large one.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Very unfortunate, could just be the revenue loss was too unbearable, no where to turn. Hopefully if her passing is in suspect justice is due. There are a lot of players who would love to see Bitcoin fall. Was my fear as it became a household name in slight or a least mainstream internet meme, many attacks from media to these hackings would happen. After all that has happened recently, it's doing surprisingly alright.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I was always saying and I will continue to say Bitcoin is a SCAM! Why people fall for this virtual crap is beyond me...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If you ask me...I prefer the "cold hard cash" way...the tangible feeling of money in my hand and not in some computer, software, or virtual world.

I am not surprised this young CEO took her own life. She knows what is about to happen to all these people who "bought" into the BC scam and she doesn't want to be around when it comes crashing down and people coming for her throat when the day comes....

My two cents....

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

That article is obviously biased but I wonder how the author reconciles something like bitcoin with every other fiat currency issued by the Rothschild's central banks?

All of these fiat currencies (bitcoin included) are essentially created out of nothing. Although with bitcoin, it becomes increasingly more diffiuclt to increase its supply.

However, the supply of other fiat currencies is easily increased, thereby diluting or decreasing its value.

Of-course bitcoin hasnt been endorsed by any government. In order for the other fiat currencies to have any validity, they have to be endorsed by the government of that country making it "legal for all debts public and private".

Its actually very simple. You print money, buy the government, then order them to declare your currency legal while declaring all other currencies illegal. When in actuality, none of these pieces of trash are worth anything.

But back to the OP. With regards to her death, its possible she really did commit suicide, but its very coincidental.

Maybe she discovered who heisted the $350 million worth of bitcoin.

Think thats enough money to kill over?

edit on 5-3-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join