It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember Oliver the Chimp? He could be a living fossil...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
For those of you who never heard of him, this is a small write-up of him, he was a "chimp"
that had many human characteristics :

Oliver was acquired as a young animal (around 2 years old[3]) in 1960 by trainers Frank and Janet Berger. Supposedly, the chimpanzee had been caught in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (then Republic of the Congo).[citation needed] Some physical and behavioral evidence led the Bergers to believe Oliver was a creature other than a chimpanzee, perhaps a human-chimp hybrid: Oliver possessed a flatter face than his fellow chimpanzees; Oliver was habitually bipedal (before being struck with arthritis), never walking on his knuckles like his chimpanzee peers; and Oliver may have preferred human females over chimpanzee females.[3] During a December 16, 2006 Discovery Channel special, Janet Berger herself claimed that Oliver was becoming attracted to her when he reached the age of 16.[4] He mounted her and tried to mate with her. After he tried it several times it became apparent that Oliver was a threat to Janet, and had to be sold. She decided to sell Oliver to New York attorney Michael Miller.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...(chimpanzee)

The picture below was a photo of him:

I was browsing through the net when I was totally shocked that I saw an extinct species that was eerily similar to Oliver.
That species was the Gracile Australopithecus which was supposedly extinct 2.5 mil years ago.

Below is a photo of the extinct species:

Look at how eerily similar Oliver is to this species. They both are about the same stature, same height have the same "human" features on their face. More importantly both of them are bi-pedal. This is a very huge clue and a big evidence that Oliver was not a normal Chimpanzee as was proclaimed by the media. I have saw the documentary on Oliver, and in it there was a chimp trainer who has work with chimps all her life and said that chimp's bone structure was not built to walking upright for long periods of time. However, Oliver NEVER walked on all fours like normal chimps and walked upright all the time...

I just can't bend my mind how Oliver look so much alike the Gracile Australopithecus, if he was not one indeed he is very closely related to it. Supporting my theory is that Oliver was originally from Congo, Australopithecus originated from Africa.

I believe readily that human-ape hybrids are real even though the mainstream media would not like to admit. There are just too many accounts of wild-men encounters like the bigfoot of North America, the Yeti of Tibet, Ye-ren of China and the Almas of Russia, there are many many more if you do research.

Just think about it, there were many human-ape like creatures like Gigantopithecus and this Australopithecus who were supposedly "extinct", all of them were ape-like hairy creatures but walked upright...The Gigantopithecus is interesting because
it was said to have been extinct a mere 100'000 years ago and certainly have came across the path of Homo Sapiens.

Gigantopithecus info:
en.wikipedia.org...

Graph of Gigantopithecus to Modern human:

Pic of a human standing to a stature of Gigantopithecus:

This GIgantopithecus is very similar and consistant to bigfoot reports who people claim were "Walking monsters who stood 9-10 feet tall", if I saw that big guy above I would also be scared the living hell and peed my pants! So, we know that human-apes DO EXISTS in the past. However, I don't buy the story that they are all extinct.

Just think about it, we have apes, human-apes and humans. But now we are made to believe only apes and humans exists now???!! Obviously the media and government would have known better but they are keeping a quiet lip on this because if human-apes do exists, it will shock the world and it also pushes the boundaries of whether these human-apes are to be treated like humans or animals and what it means generally to be human.

Scientists say that the Coelacanth was extinct 66 million years ago, but they were wrong and the locals knew of the fish all along. Same with all these bigfoot reports, locals have their own names of these human-ape hybrids. Earth, even with the expanding population and encroaching of forests is still a VERY HUGE place with vast unexplored areas. I believe mysteries still exists, what say you?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by icyboy771z

A geneticist from the University of Chicago examined Oliver's chromosomes in 1996 and revealed that Oliver had forty-eight, not forty-seven, chromosomes, thus disproving the earlier claim that he did not have a normal chromosome count for a chimpanzee.[13] Oliver's cranial morphology, ear shape, freckles and baldness fall within the range of variability exhibited by the Common Chimpanzee.[14] Scientists performed further studies with Oliver, the results of which were published in the American Journal of Physical Anthropology.[2]

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by icyboy771z

Bonobo chimps are well known for their proficiency with bipedalism.
However, they're still chimpanzees.

Compare the Foramen Magnum (big hole at the base of the skull where the spine meets) position between chimpanzees and Australopithecus and it's fairly evident the spinal position in Australopithecus is more favorable to upright locomotion compared to the position in Chimpanzees which favors a more hunched over means of movement.

We also have differences and variations in the shapes and positioning of the entire pelvic organization where bipedal locomotion is more favorable in Australopithecus as compared to the Chimpanzee.

Further, there's also the simple matter of the position of the big toe.
Australopithecus toe placement was more favorable for bipedalism compared the Chimpanzee placement which is more favorable for dual use in locomotion and grasping.

As spooky looking as this chimpanzee was, regardless it's propensity for human-like behaviors, it was a chimpanzee.

Oliver (c. 1958 – 2 June 2012 was a common chimpanzee and a former performing ape once promoted as a missing link or "Humanzee" due to his unusually human-like face and a tendency to walk upright. Despite his somewhat unusual appearance and behavior, scientists determined in the 1990s that Oliver was not a human-chimpanzee hybrid.

Source

edit on 3/5/2014 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

icyboy771z

I was browsing through the net when I was totally shocked that I saw an extinct species that was eerily similar to Oliver.
That species was the Gracile Australopithecus which was supposedly extinct 2.5 mil years ago.

Below is a photo of the extinct species:

Look at how eerily similar Oliver is to this species. They both are about the same stature, same height have the same "human" features on their face. More importantly both of them are bi-pedal. This is a very huge clue and a big evidence that Oliver was not a normal Chimpanzee as was proclaimed by the media. I have saw the documentary on Oliver, and in it there was a chimp trainer who has work with chimps all her life and said that chimp's bone structure was not built to walking upright for long periods of time. However, Oliver NEVER walked on all fours like normal chimps and walked upright all the time...
I just can't bend my mind how Oliver look so much alike the Gracile Australopithecus, if he was not one indeed he is very closely related to it. Supporting my theory is that Oliver was originally from Congo, Australopithecus originated from Africa.

Just a couple of observations. First, the reason Oliver's face looked flat when compared to other chimps was because all of his teeth had been removed. As shown in some pictures I've uploaded, hairlessness is not that uncommon in Chimpanzees-

As for the rest of his morphology it all falls well within normal parameters for Chipanzees. As Alice pointed out, there are major differences between Chimps and Australopithecines most prominent are the angle of the Foramen Magnum and the angle of the pelvis. As for why Oliver preferred to walk upright, I believe it was because of his early years spent primarily as a "pet" for his first owners and was mimicking their behavior. The wife had claimed they only sold Oliver because as he reached sexual maturity he developed a "thing" for her and had tried to mount her several times in an attempt to mate with her. FYI, had he been successful no offspring would have resulted, just ask the Russians, they spent million in the 1950's trying to create a human/chimp hybrid to use as soldiers. Additionally, just so you know, "gracile Australopithecines" is a blanket term used to cover A. Afarensis, A. Africanus, A. Anamensis, A. bahrelghazali, A. garhi and A. sediba. It's not a distinct species and the term is used to differentiate between the smaller earlier Australopithecines and later "robust" Australopithecines like A. Boisei and A. Robustus Yes, the Congo is in Africa but saying that because he was captured in the Congo, then Zaire, is like saying you caught an Alligator in Florida so there must be some in British Columbia. The Climate of East Africa where the majority of hominid fossils and nearly all Australopithecus have been found to date is very different than central Africa.

I believe readily that human-ape hybrids are real even though the mainstream media would not like to admit. There are just too many accounts of wild-men encounters like the bigfoot of North America, the Yeti of Tibet, Ye-ren of China and the Almas of Russia, there are many many more if you do research.

Just think about it, there were many human-ape like creatures like Gigantopithecus and this Australopithecus who were supposedly "extinct", all of them were ape-like hairy creatures but walked upright...The Gigantopithecus is interesting because
it was said to have been extinct a mere 100'000 years ago and certainly have came across the path of Homo Sapiens.

that's a bit of conjecture. As the only Gigantopithecus remains found so far have been in east Asia and 100,000 years ago the only humans there were H. Erectus. That's not to say that smaller groups didn't hold on for thousands of years after the estimated date of extinction. Nobody can say one way or the other with much certainty because the only evidence found has been teeth. However, it's not unreasonable to think they were able to cross Beringea into North America or survive in more isolated regions of Siberia, Mongolia or Tibet. There just isn't any solid evidence to support such suppositions as yet. Irregardless of where and when they dies out or what range of habitat they may have ventured into, they weren't Human-Apes any more than modern humans are. Biologically we're all apes and so were they.

Just think about it, we have apes, human-apes and humans. But now we are made to believe only apes and humans exists now???!! Obviously the media and government would have known better but they are keeping a quiet lip on this because if human-apes do exists, it will shock the world and it also pushes the boundaries of whether these human-apes are to be treated like humans or animals and what it means generally to be human.

Actually, all we have are apes. Humans are apes, Chimps, Bonobos, Orangutan, Gorillas... all apes

Scientists say that the Coelacanth was extinct 66 million years ago, but they were wrong and the locals knew of the fish all along. Same with all these bigfoot reports, locals have their own names of these human-ape hybrids. Earth, even with the expanding population and encroaching of forests is still a VERY HUGE place with vast unexplored areas. I believe mysteries still exists, what say you?

I think it would be rather naïve to think we have discovered everything there is to know regarding life currently existing on Earth but it's even more naïve to go off on a tangent without having more than anecdotal evidence to support a hypothesis.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

Holy crap the Chimp in the last photo has some big you know what :O.

Great read all keep it up

Must admit never seen a hairless chimp like the ones you have posted, interesting to see and has made me feel that they are much more like human (anatomy wise) than I thought.
edit on 5-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

join