It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Base: Future possibility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Hello ATS community
This is just a quick thread on something i cam across earlier today!

I was browsing careers for various different jobs in space exploration none of which i appear to be qualified for lol

so anyway i am on the ESA website and came across this

If you have a PhD in engineering or a related field, and are interested in the investigation of energy generation and storage concepts for a lunar base and the design of a demonstrator, apply now!

Experience with energy systems, in particular H2 technology, will be an asset. Applicants should have strong analytic and communication skills and should be able to work in a multi-cultural environment in an autonomous manner. The position will be at the European Astronaut Centre in Cologne, Germany.

This was put up on 19 December 2013. so someone may have already put this on ATS, sorry if that is the case.

ESA

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JokerThe1st

Wow, this is interesting!

"a multi-cultural environment" ... the first lunar base will be probably established by Russia/India/China, with eager desire to participate from EU and USA

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

wildespace
reply to post by JokerThe1st

Wow, this is interesting!

"a multi-cultural environment" ... the first lunar base will be probably established by Russia/India/China, with eager desire to participate from EU and USA

You forget to mention working also with the ETs that own the Moon. Remember. Diversity is the operative word today!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It's very highly probable it's linked to the hunt for fuel for fusion power. The processes under research will either use deuterium or heavy helium as their fuel. Deuterium can be extracted from ocean water on earth so that's no problem but the surface of the moon is coated with heavy helium created by the solar wind over eons of time. That would require a lunar base and remote mining equipment to gather the material from the lunar surface for transport back to Earth. Just an educated guess and wish we had more info. My best,

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by airforce47

Thankyou for the informative answer

new topics

top topics

join