It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Back to the Future hoverboard is finally here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Ladies and gentlemen, the 15-year wait is finally over: HUVr Tech has announced what appears to be the first ever hoverboard. Dubbed the HUVr, the device appears to function almost exactly like the hoverboard used by Marty McFly in Back to the Future Part II, but with the addition of a handy iPhone and Android app that can be used to control it. Of course, don’t just take my word for it — if you doubt about the veracity of the HUVr’s ability to float a few feet off the ground, let the dulcet tones of Tony Hawk and Moby reassure you. Seriously – watch the video.

The Back to the Future hoverboard is finally here

Just goes to prove yesterday's science fiction is indeed today's reality!

Don't know about there choice of colour but just like many of my fellow ATS members I have been wanting one of these things since i first seen the movie. Guess i'm a little old now at 38 but i'm sure my little girl and baby boy would love one of these as a present should the technology progress and become mainstream and time soon!

Very impressed!

Edit: Oh well my bad turns out it's a hoax, im less impressed now!

MODS please move to the hoax forum.
edit on 5-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Even the link that you provided says this is almost certainly a hoax. A high budget CGI hoax probably for a viral marketing campaign. Did you read it before you brought it here?

edit on 5-3-2014 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I'm sad.

just

So many reasons...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The idea is cool but I don't see how its possible.

Unless you can provide a link to buy 1 then I'm out.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Well you could get www.kickstarter.com... this contraption.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Seriously how could anyone believe this is legit. You don't think "anti-gravity" technology would pick up one or two headlines… Not only that, but that we might see it in a defence project before recreating a cult favourite out of 1980s movie?

Now where did I put my flux capacitor…

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Already a thread on this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ragsntatters

Ha that looks mad.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

hellobruce

Already a thread on this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

One's in BAN and the other isn't, leaving them protected by section 23 of the ATS Universal Justice Code, refer to subsection 6(c) paragraph 9, lines 2-23.

Now, falsely accusing a thread is quite an egregious error. Please extend your arms while they are severed and confiscated to be used in alien experiments by the greys (under the authority of Exchanging Human Hands for Anti-Gravity Technology to Develop HoverBoards Act 2010).

These hover boards didn't build themselves you know...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Yeah,..I know I'm not thebrightestbulb in the room,...but I am not that stupid.

Go check whats wrong in those YT vids..

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Even though it's a hoax, it's always a great day to mentally sidewalk surf.
Brightened my day a bit and keeps the dream alive.

Cute video - Mister Lloyd, awesome as always.

*Mental note to replace my old deck and get some good street wheels.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

"Go check whats wrong in those YT vids."

That's why I removed them. Its morning time, give me a break, just got a little over excited over what i imagined to be a childhood dream becoming a reality.

As I said in my edit, my bad!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
hoax.. you can see the smudging effects on the scene where the lady pushing the hover board with the water bottle on it.

I admit, when I first saw it, i pledged to save every dollar until i had one..

but.. its a way off yet!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

I'll check it out, but Tony Hawk was endorsing it, I've heard in other places as well.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I was just expecting some sort of air powered hover board or something, but based on the video it's obviously some type of anti-gravity, which means it's probably a hoax. But I don't get it... how did they get Tony Hawk and the dude from Back to the Future in on this hoax? I find it absolutely despicable that they would get peoples hopes up like that.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
#Hahahahaha OMG!!!!

If you saw this and thought it was real then you should just laugh at yourself cause everyone else is laughing at you.

Peace,

korg.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

ChaoticOrder
But I don't get it... how did they get Tony Hawk and the dude from Back to the Future in on this hoax? I find it absolutely despicable that they would get peoples hopes up like that.

In all likelihood, given the budget behind the hoax and the fairly impressive CGI, this is probably viral marketing for some kind of Back to the Future reboot.

Check it out, Chaotic - that is a pretty awesome theory. Now imagine... if the reboot featured Tony Hawk and Moby!
edit on 05amWed, 05 Mar 2014 06:06:27 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Well if indeed i am the cause for others amusement, that's fine, means people are leaving others in peace including yourself!

Never have a moment of madness in the morning? I still don't like there choice of colour.

edit on 5-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Previous threads on this topic here

closing

new topics

top topics

join