It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Russia Today presenter hits out at Moscow over Ukraine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
This news anchor for RT shows she's not getting
paid enough from the Russian State.

www.theguardian.com...

An American anchor on Russian state television has delivered an emotional rebuke of Moscow's intervention in Ukraine and criticised the media's biased news coverage. Russia Today responded by saying it was sending Abby Martin to Crimea so she could learn more about the situation. Martin, a Washington-based journalist with the English-language channel, wrapped up her show on Tuesday by saying "what Russia did is wrong" and that military intervention was never the answer. "I can't say enough how strongly I am against any state intervention in a sovereign nation's affairs," she said at the end of the show, Breaking the Set. "What Russia did is wrong," she said. "Military intervention is never the answer, and I will not sit here and apologise or defend military aggression. "Furthermore, the coverage I have seen of Ukraine has been truly disappointing from all sides of the media spectrum and rife with disinformation," Martin said, before saying goodbye and marching off the set.

edit on 5-3-2014 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Fired or threatened to change her stance.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

In 2 minds about this one. I know Abby Martin, is becoming a bit of a pin up for the libertarian fan boys, so maybe this was staged to try and make RT look like a station that gives its presenters full editorial control and therefor can be trusted. However after watching its coverage of Ukraine, I very much doubt that.

So if it was genuine. Fair play to her. I'm sure she'll find work elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Got it already,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The fact that her saying so is such a big deal shows that RT has issues with journalistic freedom (as do many of our media outlets). What kind of world is this where telling ones true views is such a big deal?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Trueman
Got it already,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the on-going discussion at the link above. Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join