It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are you with no ego and ambition, with no desire?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I'm Tom with the weather

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

edit on 5-3-2014 by tri-lobe-1 because: no reason

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I think you hit it on the head about 'the truth' because whose truth is it anyway.

One of the best examples of 'the truth' was a list of witness statements made by a group of 5 people in a queue at the Post Office counter when suddenly a man came in and robbed the place.

Every statement, although they all saw the same thing and swore they were each right in their statement, told a slightly different story.

Perhaps its about getting one's perspective balanced rather than something so intangible as 'the truth'.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Its very widespread but wrong to assume that the ego-less state of enlightenment is without ambition.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I am nobody.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I am conciousness. Feel free to ask me more.

-Alien

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Lysergic

I am the universe experiencing itself.

What is the universe?

Why does it care about itself?

And what will it do when it realises that it's finite?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Dumbass

I'm Tom with the weather

I absolutely loved your response because I know where it is from....my favorite band

I understand what you are infurring and I have to admit I think your response in what you are infurring is just brilliant.

-Alien
edit on 3/5/2014 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Dumbass

I'm Tom with the weather

Honestly, if you brought the weather, then can you at least bring some nice weather, Tom?

I mean.. you are the universe experiencing itself, like the rest of us, surely you are aware that we don't like this current weather you've brought. Bring some nice weather, Tom. Nice weather...

edit on 5-3-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

oktopus
reply to post by Bluesma

You probably are right, and I probably am too confused.

I am right for me. But I cannot be right for you. Only you can know your truth.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Skyfloating
Its very widespread but wrong to assume that the ego-less state of enlightenment is without ambition.

Could you expand on that? I have trouble understanding. If there is no ego, there is no preferences, so how can there be any desire for anything other than what is? Ambition is a desire for a change in some aspect of the present, and the projection of potential for future.
No self to desire , or choose, or imagine, anything.... unless, of course, we are not using the word ego to refer to the same thing- I use it to refer to self awareness.
edit on 5-3-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

It's better to be aware of the Spirit than to be aware of yourself. Trust God instead of yourself. There really is no self awareness.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

oktopus
reply to post by Bluesma

It's better to be aware of the Spirit than to be aware of yourself. Trust God instead of yourself. There really is no self awareness.

There is no reason to choose.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Who are you with no ego and ambition, with no desire?

A Buddhist monk!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Bluesma

Skyfloating

Could you expand on that? I have trouble understanding. If there is no ego, there is no preferences, so how can there be any desire for anything other than what is? Ambition is a desire for a change in some aspect of the present, and the projection of potential for future.
No self to desire , or choose, or imagine, anything.... unless, of course, we are not using the word ego to refer to the same thing- I use it to refer to self awareness.
edit on 5-3-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

There's a difference between Ego-ambitions and higher ambitions. Once you drop all ego ambitions, whatever is still left, is universal ambition, soul ambition or whatever you wanna call it. Otherwise all movement in this chiliocosmic game would cease.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
"To see through the illusion, doesn't make the illusion go away.
It makes it transparent".

This was written by Wu Shin, a Taoist master that lived some 3000 years ago. What he actually says in this quote is that nothing changes in the world when liberation occurs ("you" can't get liberated, because liberation is the very act of "you" disappearing. Hence the name, liberation). The world is seen for what it is. No confusion, no illusion, no one deluded.

However, there are still preferences. Even desires. But now there is no one that has them. Everything arises out of nothing naturally. The point is, there is still a body here. The body gets hungry, tired, wounded, sick, scared. It has preferences. It avoids pain, too hot things and it prefers chocolate over vanilla if given the choice. It is just happening, to no one. Everything happens completely and naturally. There is no person, ego or identity to claim ownership to any of these things any more and all the stuff that this "holder of the illusion" (the ego) came up with that made up the prison it put itself in, doesn't happen any more. No more prison. Only freedom resides. Complete freedom in everything.

Everything goes on just as before. Like the old Zen-story goes:
A student once asked his teacher, "Master, what is enlightenment?"
The master replied, "When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep."

There you have it. It really isn't more to it. It's the natural state. Oneness comes close, but it is more correct to call it, if there is such a word, not-two :-)
edit on 5-3-2014 by Koyaanisqatsi because: grammar

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

reply to post by sn0rch

I was merely referring to this video as I assumed lysergic was referring to it.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Who are when you have no desire, when you reach a point where you realize what ambition really is? What do you then become?

Can any of you explain yourself without the lexicon you use to explain your identity?

Forget what you do and what your goals are, how do you then explain yourself?

Can anyone honestly answer this question?
------------------------------------------------

To give it a negative spin:

I have no desire as i have realised ambition is pointless as the ptb will always hold me back. I have now become in effect a walking zombie producing whatever the ptb want me too.

So in essence i am the perfection of the ptb's plans a willing slave.

------------------------

Positive:

I have no desire as i have seen through the illusion of ambition and am at perfect peace with myself and the universe.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Its like saying if you didn't have to work for money, what would you do? How would you live your Earthly existence without the need to collect paper? My feeling is that as a species we have lost something important. And that is connection to real life.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Having no desire and ambition would not make me who I am, desires and ambitions and motivations do not make one who one is.

Desire, Ambition, Motivation...just other words to describe wanting something.

The fact that I don't want or need anything does not make me who I am, but what I am.

What I am because I can do nothing if I choose to, is called........

FREE

Only slaves feel the need to want anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join