It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about dark matter.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by smithjustinb

Show me where they've proven that gravity is the warping of space?

Conclusive evidence supported by math.

Yes. This evidence definitely exists. I'm not going to dig it up for you though.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Arbitrageur

smithjustinb
My question is, "Could the metric expansion of space supplement dark matter as an explanation."
No it's exactly opposite of what's needed for an explanation.

Metric expansion of space explains why things seem to be flying apart. We need the opposite effect, some kind of explanation of why stars are NOT flying apart in galactic rotation

Objects in space move towards other objects in space. When those objects are becoming further separated, doesn't the attractive force of gravity have less of an influence, and therefore the objects don't get flung out? Its centrifugal force, not the expansion of space that would be causing the stars to get flung out.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

How about the fact we know all massive objects warp space/time and we know all massive objects have gravity. We also know that the more massive the object the more space is twisted the more gravity it has, the more time is dilated.
I don't know the math. But I think that's a pretty solid case. I figure it would be harder to find an alternate reason for gravity when you have the mass/gravity/time space all fitting pretty well togather.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

So your telling me they have conclusively figured out what the gravitational forces are?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

onequestion

So your telling me they have conclusively figured out what the gravitational forces are?

The warping of space is an effect of gravity. The warping of space has been conclusively observed and it has been conclusively related to gravity as the cause.

They found the higgs boson which is what they say is the cause of gravity.

There's a lot i don't know about this stuff, but what i'm telling you is what i know.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

No you don't lol. It was a ridiculous premis anyway. Athiests can't feel awe when the see something amazing in the natural world.... It's no different when anyone else sees some thing awesome. Atheists just don't need a magic force that designed it. It's not hard to feel wonder weather something is man/god made or random chance . Amazing is amazing no matter your religious persuasion. Your comment had more then a hint of troll because of the ridiculousness of it all.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Explain why the universe follows a set group of instructions that govern its existence vs complete and utter chaos?

Where did that "system" manifest from?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I'm just going to say this, and this is going to end it. How do you know whether my reply would've been good or not? Are you the prognosticator of prognosticators? That's it.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

onequestion

Explain why the universe follows a set group of instructions that govern its existence vs complete and utter chaos?

Where did that "system" manifest from?

None of this has anything to do with the topic. We're on page three. Ideally, we should still be on page 1, but its been filled with off topic venting.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure mass creates the warp of time space and gravity and time dilation are the symptoms.

The Higgs field is what is theorized to have turned some of the energy at the Big Bang into mass. Not the trigger that controls gravity.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

You start a thread about a bunch of hypothetical science concepts.

What did you expect us to talk about?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Because your premiss was ridiculous and untrue. I'm an athiest and have no lack of wonder at the awsome magnificence of the universe. I live off astronomy documentaries and articles.

There's no way you could have a good reply to what is obviously a false statement.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

ArtemisE

I'm pretty sure mass creates the warp of time space and gravity and time dilation are the symptoms.

The Higgs field is what is theorized to have turned some of the energy at the Big Bang into mass. Not the trigger that controls gravity.

Yeah but its the Higgs boson that is responsible for mass. Or am i off?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I don't have to be a psychic to smell bs lol. I just need a nose.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I retract my comment. There is no way that I can know what someone else thinks or feels.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I think the Higgs Bozon is just a "piece" of the Higgs field knocked off in The LHC. Might be just a little off there, but I think that's right.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

onequestion

You start a thread about a bunch of hypothetical science concepts.

What did you expect us to talk about?

How known facts either support or go against my question. Not more unknowns that couldn't possibly contribute.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Damn... Well played. Don't get that kind of logic from a true believer often.

I mean that. I appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Now, you are being presumptuous. I think that you are more judgemental than you realize.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Could dark matter and energy bee the same thing? Could the expansion ( dark energy) of time space between galaxies. Also have a contracting effect accounting for the extra gravity (dark matter). That's what I got from the OP. I actually think this has a lot of merit!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join