It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UVB 76 Sounding Different? Something new?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Not sure where to post this, so this is my guess.

I just got a email pointing this out to me from my brother in law. He likes to tinker around with ham radio etc.. I know he knows I really dont know much about it, but he said I should present it to my friends here since I think so highly of some of your opinions to see what you think.

So, here goes. He said to post these three videos below for you to take a quick listen too first: This one with voices and two messages? 1/9/14

Says the tone has shifted down 1/2///14

Some new noises 2/23/14

Then he said to check out THIS LINK and to download the "am" file and see if you are now hearing a different type of sound.

He wont say what he is thinking or guessing as he is curious to know what you folks think. Like I said, I myself am pretty clueless to this sort of thing, but since it is so rare for him to come to me like this, well, here it is. lol Dont shoot the messenger please.
edit on 3/4/14 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
What is this UVB-76 radio waves picking up on? To me it sounds like a radar from an air control tower. I assume the change in pitch or tone could just be coming from different receivers. What do you think OP?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

I really have no idea. All I know about this thing is from what I have read on past threads. I think the most recent was when it stopped transmitting. I had mentioned it to my brother in law because I know he is into that sort of thing. Out of the clear blue he approached me with this tonight because it related I guess, so here we are. I'm hoping members might come up with something and I will pass it along to him. I'm sure he has a idea, he just isn't sharing it yet with me.

Thanks for replying

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I was reading on Wikipedia that the buzzer is an actual electronic device next to a microphone in a room, so sometimes the buzzing tone can change when the buzz device gets moved or malfunctions.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I had never heard of this until your post. I listened to the audio and the first thing that came to mind is that it was a pulse train from a Phase Array Radar system or a Doppler Radar (I think they are similar in principle but I a not 100% sure).

The lower tone may be an adjustment in the sweep time which could have been done to better detect stealthier objects.

Other than that, I have no idea what any of it really is. I will follow this thread and see what others come up with.
Thanks!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

I went back and did a search for the thread that caused me to talk to my brother in law about this to begin with. I am posting the link for you two as there was a lot of good information there you might want to look at. Hope it helps

LINK HERE

Considering the theories of what it is suppose to be or what it is suppose to do, seems a little odd it is acting up now all considered with what is going on with Russia at the moment. Just a ponderence on my part though. With my brother in law it could be anything that got him going about it. He is kind of a brainy type guy so who knows.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
One is SSB the others are not. Also, with a recording setup, you have to be careful of accidentally applying an equalizer. Unless you know the recording conditions are identical, I won't leap at any conclusion that the "tone" has changed.

The buzzing tome sounds like a carrier that is being modulated by an underlying signal.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
While I dont understand what Im hearing, I am a musician and I can hear different pitch to the tone. I also hear a different beat in the last one. I suppose as a musician you could say it has become more staccato in rhythm. Again, I dont know what that means in radio talk, but it is definitely there. Wouldnt a change of beat be a different message?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I was really hoping to maybe get a little more feedback on this from some of our members. Just going to bump this as I'd really like to be able to go back to my brother in law with something since I brag about this site so much.

I know we have members that are ham operators and part of the military. Im hoping it is just the time zones that might be having it over looked. Thanks

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
sometimes propagation can make the buzzer sound slightly different. also it transmits on a suppressed lower sideband but sometimes switches over to double sideband. depending on the settings of your radio it will sound different.

new topics

top topics

join