It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Alamos tunnels

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by secretsoflife

as a kid I took swimming lessons at the high school in the early 80's and the locker rooms were located one floor below. There was a staircase down to the floor below and it led to a long hallway. First on the right side was the mens locker room. Then about 20 yards further was the womens locker room entrance. However another 20 yards was a big fence locked up and no more lights but you could see that it kept going for another 50 yards. We would take dares to see who would sneek in the gate. No one ever went far because it became pitch black! I used to think these were just post cold-war era bomb shelters but then I remember in high school seeing the parking lot behind the school always full of government vehicles whether there was school or not.
I do believe these tunnels are of significant value and are in current use. There are rumors they lead to rapid transport to other parts of the country. I wouldn't doubt it one bit. One thing for sure is the tunnels are underneath the entire town. Business and residential.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
OP how did your uncle get into working at los alamos?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
the tunnels are truly no big deal... most of them are collapsed or locked up, and most of the ones under the high school were destroyed with the rebuild project that started last year. We could hear the construction equipment pounding them out during our AP Physics class. The most well-known one starts under the Auditorium. I don't know where it ends up, I've never been down there. But they're most certainly not for secret government projects. They were originally built for the possibility of WWII bombing. Now you really only hear of the Olions kids going down there for a party from time to time. (btw, the school district owns vehicles with government license plates. Since the school is government-run.) Some kids a decade or so ago tried mapping out the system, but I don't think they got very far.
And for the record, I promise we don't glow in the dark. You don't know how many times I've been asked if I have radiation poisoning...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I treated a pt 's wife from Los Alamos who had DOE Q clearance.
He confirmed the existence of the "Tubes."

top topics

<< 1   >>

join