It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98-foot asteroid flashes between moon and Earth within 24 hours

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Wow...I'm watching the live broadcast and they just said they discovered ANOTHER one that will pass within 30,000 miles tomorrow night. Its about 50ft across. Plus..the other one is coming this next week, too.

So what's up? Just better tracking abilities, or are we in some sort of debris field??

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

they just said they discovered ANOTHER one that will pass within 30,000 miles tomorrow night

Hmm... Spaceweather.com hasn't listed it yet.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Spaceweather is not necessarily a "go to" site.
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Yeah, he said it was JUST discovered while they were setting up to view the one today. It wasn't announced yet. It's actually 37,000 miles away. Pretty cool! They also mentioned that there was an impact on January 1st, in (I think) the Atlantic ocean, but no mention of it was ever made in the media. I guess it was an asteroid that was logged, but not tracked and they hadn't anticipated it impacting. Didn't say how big it was though. AND...that they discovered a large impact crater (100 ft across) on mars, that happened sometime in the past four years. Interesting stuff!!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Keep looking up

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
any news? did it pass by? Last night heading west at around 7:40 pm (timmins, ontario) I seen a green ball of light shoot from east to west (towards the sunset) It was so fast i couldnt get video or pictures. Wondering if its possible this thing came through and crash landed or just skipped off our atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Daver2056

It's impossible that this object was off course by 218, 000 miles. Sorry... It came no where near close enough to land, skip, or wave at us.

You most likely saw a meteorite, how ever it likely was unrelated to this particular object.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join