It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Russia launches Ballistic Missile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Just announced on the Australian ABC Network. Russia, successfully lauches test missile.White House claims prior knowledge. Was a pre dated test with notification.I don't have anything else to add.Thats all I heard.Something may come up on their web site.
edit on 4-3-2014 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here you go

Moscow: Russia said it had successfully test-fired an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile on Tuesday, with tensions high over its seizure of control in the Crimea and its threat to send more forces to its neighbour Ukraine. The Strategic Rocket Forces launched an RS-12M Topol missile from the southerly Astrakhan region and the dummy warhead hit its target at a proving ground in Kazakhstan, Defence Ministry spokesman Igor Yegorov told state-run news agency RIA. Read more: www.smh.com.au...

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This is a Russian test from while back dont they look like those fireballs/meteors seen in increasing numbers around the world

edit on 4-3-2014 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The test was planned long ago, the US was notified well in advance of the test as per their obligations under the bilateral arms treaties.

Nothing to it.

The test went well apparently, if anyone is actually interested in the missile launch for the sake of the missile launch that is.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Launching missiles in the middle of a crisis ?

I guess Putin is pushing it.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Many thanks for link.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Lol Im sure many a ATS member will temporarily shat their pants upon seeing your headline.

Not your fault however "Russia launches ICBM" is the headline plastured everywhere of course

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Trueman

This was a TEST-Launch announced long ahead of the crisis. Even during the height of the cold war when we thought the USSR tanks will be moving in 5 min from now, NASA an the Russian Space Agency went about business as usual. So he is not pushing it. A real crisis or announcement that something bigger is coming would have been if he had CANCELED the test. Once they do that, - well then start looking for new undies.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Honestly, I have been watching the skies from when I was little and had never seen a meteor.

Last year I saw two and they eerily looked just like what`s on your link.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The US launched a Minuteman III test a little while back, this isn't news.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I was astonished to see this as the lead story on the BBC News website. This kind of test is routine, and in Russia's case often leads to 'ufo' reports as a result of malfunction. The Norway spiral being one example: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Trueman

I have to agree with MysterX on this one. nations who do these tests notify other countries so its not taken as something other than a test. The US / Russia / others have done that for a long time. As for doing the launch in the middle of a crisis. From what I have seen those tests are expensive. I don't think I would cancel it either since its already on the books.

The open skies agreement is the other treaty that helps prevent paranoia among nations.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
If the US did this ATS would be screaming bloody murder, hilarious. Maybe the test should have been pushed back, but no big deal.

join