It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News Acknowledges Government Lies About Fukushima

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

A FOX News Anchor admits that scientists have acknowledged the government-cover up about the Fukushima radiation risk, and that it’s going to get worse as the year progresses.

The Earthquake that hit Japan in 2011 caused meltdowns in Fukushima, and the continuous spread of toxic radiation to West Coast of North America and the rest of the world. The world’s oceans will never be the same as hundreds of tons of radioactive water is being pumped into the Pacific Ocean on a daily basis.

Source

As "trivial" as it seems, even mainstream outlets are beginning to admit the dangers of Fukushima radiation in a negative light.

From the video description:

Fox News Anchor: "What a fantastical incredible lie" gov't told over Fukushima, "It's now reached shores of North America" — "We knew... and simply could not prove" it

This definitely isn't the "smoking gun" that many of us would like to see/hear but in my opinion it's a step in the right direction in regards to holding the governments behind the ongoing cover-up accountable for their actions.

We have U.S. servicemen getting sick from the initial clean up, rising cancer rates among Fukushima children, increasing radiation being detected on the West Coast which is being downplayed as "minimal" and "safe"...when will we finally say enough is enough ?!?

I know that many people will disagree with me on the dangers of Fukushima radiation, but it will be very difficult to convince me that pumping hundreds of tons of radioactive water into our oceans on a daily basis is not harmful.

I welcome expert commentary on this subject as I certainly am not an expert when it comes to this topic but some of it should be obvious even to the most simple layman. Radiation is not good for you, certain types are more harmful than others and the effects that this will have on our ocean's organisms all the way from the planktonic level to the "big fish" should not be ignored.

Personally, it appears to me that many governments are guilty of purposely covering up or downplaying the dangers of this ongoing disaster which has been poisoning us for three years now.

Many People are oblivious to what is happening in Japan and I that believe the lack of mainstream coverage, and how they downplay the severity of the situation has a lot to do with it, but it's okay as we have the Oscars and reality TV to keep us occupied

ETA:

There is some confusion later on in the thread which doubts the authenticity of the video.

The authenticity is verified on page two of this thread.
edit on 3/4/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: Clarification about the authenticity of the video verified.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Thanks for nothing fox and all of you other crappy media outlets...shame on fox for even saying they couldn't prove that it melted down in the begining...if some boob such as myself can gather info on this catastrophe Fox could have chimed in long before this...nothing they or msnbc does is for us, it's always for political posturing...

This guy is such an arrogant donkey..

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I also believe that there must be some type of agenda for FOX news to admit this even as vague as it is, just like there was most likely an agenda when they admitted the dangers of GMO...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The agenda is most likely political in my opinion but there are probably several agendas at play.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
As many know, Fox has been "co opted" for some time now behind the scenes. Wouldn't dismiss that it's an agenda for discrediting the concerning information about Fukushima.

For sharing interesting how the news of this will play out otherwise in th MSM.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
You should point out that the article is referring to the Japanese government not the US government. At least I think so.
Still terrible though.

edit on 4-3-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

It is a bit odd that we curse the mainstream media the majority of the time, but some of us will be amazed when certain things which they disclose fit within our realm of agreement.

It is a slippery slope that can leave one appearing as a hypocrite but I have always attacked the content, not the source. Part of the process of "attacking the content" is to look for the possible hidden motives behind the "disclosure". Our duty as a person who seeks the truth is to constantly try and filter the BS from the truth, and it is very difficult to do at times since MSM outlets are certainly a tool of TPTB who's goal is to manipulate the masses with pro-government propaganda.

I also have a theory that MSM are now starting to be a bit more open-minded when it comes to the "conspiracy" world due to the large amount of people who are turning away from MSM and are now going to alternative outlets to get their news. This could be one of their possible motives, to simply keep/gain viewers.

In my opinion there isn't much harm for a mainstream outlet to admit things that a lot of us already knew, kind of like when people are shocked when a MSM outlet will admit something that goes against the OS of 9/11...this is a sneaky trick that they have used on us for quite a while now...tell us what we already knew and present it as "new information" to portray the illusion that they are actually trying to join the group of "whistleblowers" which care about exposing the truth.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by chrismarco

I also believe that there must be some type of agenda for FOX news to admit this even as vague as it is, just like there was most likely an agenda when they admitted the dangers of GMO...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The agenda is most likely political in my opinion but there are probably several agendas at play.

you might be right, there is a stench from this. since it is an election year, this could be a set-up to somehow blame democrats or Obama later on.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

The video points this out, my apologies if you could not view the video...I just quoted the anchor's words.

That being said, the U.S. and Canadian governments are most likely complicit in this alleged cover-up.

In my opinion this makes them just as guilty as TEPCO and the Japanese government for perpetuating the ongoing myth that everything is "safe" and that there is "nothing to worry about" because said amounts of "radiation are not harmful".

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

This is a very interesting theory which could in fact be true.

As a Canadian, my views of the American electoral process will differ as I see it all as a charade, nothing but theatrics, but these are tricks that they use during their campaigns as many people still fall for the left/right - lib/con - repub/dem labels which leads to the blame game you just mentioned. These labels are created to simply divide us so they can continue their tyrannical rule while we remain distracted by our own biases.

Of course this is my opinion, and I do admit that the same thing goes on here and Canada on a lesser scale.

Sorry if this was too much off topic as I was not trying to derail the thread.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Same news anchor in a couple of months.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sadly I would not be surprised

Hopefully they can find a way to contain this.

Time for less talk and more action...

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I consider myself fairly well informed about the Fukushima situation.

As a result, I must correct a bit of misinformation in your OP.

Te Miley/radiation spread meme is incorrect.

That map is actually a Tsunami energy dissipation map:

Source

Now, there are simulations that show the actual radiation dispersal, but the one pictured isn't one of them.

A sequence of global ocean circulation models, with horizontal mesh sizes of 0.5°, 0.25° and 0.1°, are used to estimate the long-term dispersion by ocean currents and mesoscale eddies of a slowly decaying tracer (half-life of 30 years, comparable to that of 137Cs) from the local waters off the Fukushima Dai-ichi Nuclear Power Plants.

Model simulations on the long-term dispersal of 137Cs released into the Pacific Ocean off Fukushima

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
FOX is just now figuring it out? Or is it because scientists worded it in such a way back then that FOX couldn't make the leap to say, "it will make it to the West Coast at this rate".

We have had evidence of dumping this stuff into the Pacific (horses mouth), and deformed or Dead Sea life. We were told that there were increased levels in the milk in California shortly after. There were increases in the growth rates in forests on the West Coast. Why hasn't anyone in MSM been able to at least discuss the possibility it would make it to the West Coast in time? That part doesn't take a scientist - it's common sense (water connected and all). This hasn't been a cover up as much as it has been an inability to apply some critical thinking to the facts.

At this point I surmise they don't have much time left for taking the sting out. The ocean water is still within levels that are ok to drink? That means little given they can raise the level of what is safe. In fact - we will learn what is and isn't safe with us being the inadvertent Guinea pigs unless they can stop the continued pollution quick. I know it is unprecedented but this isn't one of those things you wait for evidence on. You show projections - what it could turn into.

What about the safety of our seafood and the availability of it? Will it change the temp of the water or salinity even further? How will it impact our weather? How long will it continue to cause harm to sea life? At what point will it contaminate the air we breathe? It is supposed to sink - what does this mean (will it all gather like magnet fillings to one another with time). Can what is in the ocean be cleaned up? Maybe they can begin to answer these questions now. As it is - FOX didn't say much but as more information comes out, those who like to trust the government can fix everything will begin to get panicky. Better to provide info on what this could mean for the people than to keep it under wraps any longer.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Sorry but that's no mainstream news agency and its certainly not from Fox. It's a blog

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Thank you Jaded, I was just about to mention that.

While I am open to the possibility of severe consequences from Fukushima I do think many people who post on this subject are to emotionally involved to be objective.

There are tons of pictures similar to the one that was misused here that have circulated the internet for years that people still believe are accurate.

Naturalnews, Zerohedge, and a slew of other sites are doing a great disservice by spreading these "memes".

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

And the video isn't even a fox news anchor. Pullheese .

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Every year is an election year. It's not a presidential election year.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
i have to ask if this is legitimate? i can find it on a few sites yet i don't see it on the FOX site, you would think at least it would be found there. it is not as if this would be an "off the cuff" thing since it has graphics involved. so why is it not there?

looks like i'm not the only one to notice something off in the same time frame
edit on 4-3-2014 by generik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I consider myself fairly well informed about the Fukushima situation.

As a result, I must correct a bit of misinformation in your OP.

Te Miley/radiation spread meme is incorrect.

That map is actually a Tsunami energy dissipation map:

Thanks for the clarification...

As for the meme being incorrect, that is a personal opinion since the tsunami was part of the overall disaster and still represents the actual issue in regards to people being in the dark so to speak when it comes to the ongoing disaster.

The meme was just a cosmetic conclusion to the thread and was meant to be taken with a grain of salt.

Just so you know, I didn't make the meme

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

See what bull ? They don't even have the right map. Sheesh.
That's not to you it's to the others who think this is true.
edit on PM000000310000000331057312014-03-04T14:57:25-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join