It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Hawk says these hoverboards actually work

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I was surfing the web earlier and I came across this website.

www.huvrtech.com

Check this out and let me know if this is real. Website seems legit and the researchers supposedly are from a graduate program at MIT which started in 2010. They say their goal is to finance further r&d with the profits from the hover board. I want so badly for this to be true. So. So. Badly.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by myartisstrong

Yea I came across this the past hour all over facebook, looks legit. I don't think Tony Hawk would be in on it, if it was fake. I want to know how many and what's the price tag!? I'm sure in years they will be more popular!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I hate to say this,but the you tube comments all seem to think its fake.
Look out for a harness and a crane arm in the vid they say.
Some kind of viral marketing maybe.
Damn shame.
edit on 4/3/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I wish, but I'm going to call shenanigans. I'm sorry, but this is a marketing ploy for something else, maybe an application. Either way, I loved the video. Had some of my favorite things including (but not limited to) the Delorean, Christopher Lloyd, Moby, Tony Hawk, and of course (although fake) Mattel Hoverboard's from BTTF.

edit on 4-3-2014 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This has got to be a load of bs.
It's all cgi. I don't believe it.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Two things come to mind. A new Back to the Future movie or a Back to The Future Ride in some amusement park where you get to feel like you are riding around on a BTTF hoverboard.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Why Are All These Celebrities Participating In An Epic Fake Hoverboard Troll?

If you’re looking for a well-crafted but ultimately very fake video about hoverboard technology featuring Moby, Terrell Owens, Tony Hawk and Dr. Emmett Brown himself, today is your lucky day. The video above is exactly what I’ve described, featuring a weird cast of cameos and what appears to be a fake tech team powering everything, plus a soundtrack with Chromeo and Best Coast. Also there’s a Mark Cuban endorsement to complete the strange assembly.

The tagline is that the “Future Has Arrived,” when in fact it hasn’t. Aside from being a clear (though still technically impressive) fake, the website for this demo and fake company also shows a counter with December 2014 as the projected “destination time” for whatever’s going on here. That could just be part of the artificial HUVr product dressing, but it could also be when whatever’s being promoted here breaks cover.

Source
edit on 3/4/2014 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I WANT TO BELIEVE !
Moby was on it too so it must be real

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

daskakik
Two things come to mind. A new Back to the Future movie or a Back to The Future Ride in some amusement park where you get to feel like you are riding around on a BTTF hoverboard.

This is what comes to mind for me...

Nike Goes Back to the Future With Self-Tying Sneakers

“Back to the Future Part II” made some whimsical predictions for what 2015 would bring, including flying cars and hoverboards.
But Tinker Hatfield, a shoe designer at Nike, is looking to turn some of that whimsy into reality, saying that Marty McFly’s self-tying sneakers are on the horizon.
Hatfield spoke at a recent event at the Jordan Brand’s Flight Lab in New Orleans in preparation for the NBA All-Star game. The website Sole Collector reported that when an attendee asked about the futuristic sneakers, Hatfield replied, “Are we gonna see power laces in 2015? To that, I say YES!”

Source

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Sorry to be the D*CK to point this out but yes you can see the harness. They shouldve covered it by using a spine protector or something. I enjoyed the video though!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
i'm not sure one way or the other. i read through the legal stuff on the website and there are height restrictions and all sorts of crap. but, for all of the people saying there's cranes! there's cranes! have you ever heard of a crane camera? friggin idiots! how do you think they are getting those swooping high shoots when they're going up the ramp. cranes and jibs!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

theres nothing cgi about it. Its old school crane and harness bro!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Just makes me want to PUNCH people in the face who made it!

If anything from BTTF I wanted a Hoverboard...

Now why do I want to punch them in the face? Because it is FAKE!. How do I know? Easy they turn the board on it's side yet still maintain a level profile, any kind of repulsor tech would push from that angle or slide in the opposite direction.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Invented a small scale, silent, anti gravity machine?
Have I got a mundane application for you!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Really ATSers? Did a quick image search to confirm that these are the exact design as the BTTF movies...top and bottom. And it's a poor design at that.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

It's complete BS. There is no consistency between each rider. And for someone never to skate to ride so easily calls for red flags. I have skated when I was a teen into my 20's, and it seems it's a marketing or commercial product.

I wish it were true, but it's not

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

If you read their legal terms on the web site they say all information should be taken "as is" and basically say that if you buy this product and it doesnt work like what the video shows that its not the companies fault and that they can not be held accountable for any non working products. They also go on to warn about viruses and the fact that they cant be held accountable for any information getting in the hands of a 3rd party.

They also have No where to place an order and no where do they list prices.

As much as I wanted this to be real I have to say its just a well thought out prank (judging by all the information presented by the website itself).

Unless they actually start selling them and we get to see some reviews I will have to continue thinking that this is a fake, even though I too desperately want this to be real.

P.S I too noticed what looked like harnesses and a boom/crane in a few shots. You could really tell when that rapper tried it, he whent straight up in the air when he leved off, his body stayed perfectly still while his legs and board were wobbling around. That shows that there is support of some kind being used, its the same thing as all those other fake hovering board videos.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
also there's this countdown from a company called haltek....

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CallmeRaskolnikov

Stark technologies, is that you?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

hahaha, seriously, they couldn't even come up with their own logo.

not to mention with a little digging, here's what the startup's actual conceptual design looks like..... total crap, but that's probably more like it...two big fans...lol

edit on 4-3-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join