It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon shifts 4,000 illegal immigrants into Obamacare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
We have another boondoggle from glitch city.

This time it's an obvious "error" that somehow placed illegal immigrants in Oregon on full MediCaid.

People were supposedly signing up for some kind of legal medical service(s) for "undocumented" citizens or something like that.

But a glitch in the systems got them on the full program even though the PPACA law forbids.

Apparently these "errors" were *Manual* errors.

An Oregon Obamacare exchange failure shifted nearly 4,000 applicants for a state program that provides pregnancy services to illegal immigrants into the state’s expanded Medicaid program, the Oregonian reports.

The Oregon Health Plan serves as the state’s version of Medicaid for low-income residents. Two-thirds of the Obamacare exchange’s enrollments have been for the expanded Medicaid program, adding over 70,000 Oregonians to the plan.

And naturally, the standard excuses for failure apply......

“It never works perfectly the first time out,” Oregon Health Authority manager Kathleen Paul said Friday. “We were just getting people into the services.”

"No Kidding" !!!!

I bet there's still 30 million or 40 million or 50 million uninsured in the U.S. too !!

Oregon shifts 4,000 illegal immigrants into Obamacare

obama.care.glitch.city.guv

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Hurray Big Govt and hurray 0bamacare.

Gotta love this crap.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

State officials say they discovered the problem several weeks ago and are correcting it.

www.oregonlive.com...-report

So they're fixing it.

It seems like the biggest area of snafus has been in terms of assigning health care. My kids' health care assignment was for a tribal employee private medical plan that they are not qualified for (no parent is a tribal employee). Had to wait on hold for an hour just to talk to someone about that mix up. I'm not sure where they got their information from but considering neither child had been covered by the plan assigned to them since 2012, it's seriously out of date.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

So they're fixing it.

I'm sure they are since discovering the illegalities and what not.

But remember, they *Said* they're "fixing it".

This comes from the same place that made the original mistakes.

I hope they don't discover or make any more "errors".

And I hope people who are the victims don't get mislead as well.

I wonder who pays the costs of these "errors"?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

In no way do I support the ACA, but I think (as surprising as it may seem) that criticizing these "mistakes" is not very productive.

To think that any service let alone a service that is supposed to serve everyone is the US can work without any issues is naive.

The arguments against the ACA have already been stated with elegance by people on this site and other mediums. They have been rejected by the authorities implementing the program, and have been rejected by the majority of progressive and left leaning voters. Bringing up the fact that some few thousand illegal immigrants were enrolled does not provide any greater argument against the program. The ethical and economic arguments against the program are already enough to condemn the ACA.
edit on 4-3-2014 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2014 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

I no way do I support the ACA, but I think (as surprising as it may seem) that criticizing these "mistakes" are not very productive.

I disagree mostly.

All the mistakes, errors and incompetence is very costly to the taxpayers.

Not to mention the absence of penalties to the ones taking the money for making errors.

Too many hands in the till for my money.

And the victims have little or no immediate recourse.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

All the mistakes, errors and incompetence is very costly to the taxpayers.

Sure just like mistakes are costly to a business and its investors when mistakes are made on a product.

Now the ACA is very different than the standard product, but as I stated in my previous post that does not mean mistakes wont happen. I believe that using examples like the one you presented is simply playing a "gotcha" game which (IMO) is the go to game played by statists and politicians.

The arguments against the ACA are similar to the ones used against the income tax; hell against most law in general, but I do not see the income tax going away anytime soon do you?

Its going to take a long time for people to realize the consequences of this program, and simple hit pieces are not really going to anything other than stir up conservatives in the south and strengthen the resolve of progressive commentators who love to play the role of the crusaders for the poor.

new topics

top topics

join