It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Random Thoughts Without a Topic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

nwtrucker
The funny thing is if you look at the contents printed on the label of both Coke and Pepsi, they have the same amount of sugar. This is one of the longer debates ongoing in truckstops over the decades.

Actually Pepsi has 41 grams of sugar, and Coke has 39 grams of sugar. Coke is a bit more carbonated though, which is why Pepsi tastes like flat Coke if you put ice in it. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

edit on 6-3-2014 by misoginger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Now that's funny! The two cans I looked at had the same amount, 60 grams, printed on them. That was a good decade ago and I can't even remember what state it was...in a truckstop.

Different bottling plants?

Re carbonation, I always thought it was pepsi that seemed more carbonated.

Both have had some great commercials as well....

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

nwtrucker
Now that's funny! The two cans I looked at had the same amount, 60 grams, printed on them. That was a good decade ago and I can't even remember what state it was...in a truckstop.

Different bottling plants?

Re carbonation, I always thought it was pepsi that seemed more carbonated.

Both have had some great commercials as well....

It's been like that for quite awhile, I know cause I was wondering about it when I was younger. Then recently I had two cans of both in the fridge, so I checked it again.

What I am wondering is how much the Mexican coke has, because it contains real sugar, where American Coke has high fructose corn syrup. I sometimes get the Mexican coke from COSTCO, and it tastes so much better with real sugar. It's not even close. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Peanuts and Popsicles

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Chopped pickled jalapenos mixed into potato salad is a real treat if you like them. Just as chopped black olives, fresh sprouts and worcestershire sauce on a tuna (non-fukushima) sandwich is something you will never come back from. Just saying. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
You know, I once stopped at some truck stop in Canada and ordered a halibut dinner.
It was not halibut, and I don't know what kind of fish it was, just that it not halibut..

*sip*

It wasn't bad with a lot of lemon and tartar sauce.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
-Sometimes I wish I had a regenerative burrito for a hand. It would make simple tasks difficult but would be delicious. I could also solve world hunger.

-Why do women always say "nothing" when you ask them what is wrong, even when something is clearly wrong? Why do the same rules not apply when men do it to them?

-Sometimes I think I would prefer it if I were never born. Then I think it would be terrible because my daughter wouldn't have been born, and she is freaking awesome. Then I wonder if we really have a purpose or if each of us are completely insignificant. All I know is my little girl is significant to me and many others. Maybe I am too?

-If pluto isn't a planet, are midgets really people?

-Why did I spend 12 years in what to me was a socially torturous process (public school) learning about a bunch of stuff I either already knew, or ended up forgetting?

-Speaking of school, I always wonder what I would have done with my life if my grade 5 teacher wouldn't have crushed my dreams and told me I would end up digging ditches for a living. I wanted to be a fighter pilot from the time I came out of my mothers womb. I lived and breathed fighter planes for the first 10 years of my life. Then I met him. Am I flying an f-18 in some alternate universe right now?

-Speaking of alternate universes, are there an endless number of me's out there having way more fun than I am right now? How high up in the food chain of me's am I?

-Can you get drunk off an IV or would you die?

-I miss playing guitar. I quit because I hung out with too many guys that thought they were gods gift to rock guitar. I should start playing again. I was pretty good.

-What is on the other side of a black hole?

-wtf are quasars? I mean I know what the definition is, but how the hell do quasars form?

-If a woman falls in the forest, and there isn't a man around to hear her, does she complain?

-I don't regret experimenting in my youth. I may have lost a few brain cells in the process but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

-I regret not going to college sooner. I also regret not getting my drivers license sooner, or taking my life seriously sooner, or figuring out what I want to do for a living sooner. I'm still not sure about that last part.

-I wish God would talk to me occasionally. I'm kind of a dick though, so I don't really blame him. I don't even talk to my friends anymore. They're dicks too.

-Unleavened bread is amazing. Look up a recipe for "Roti" and try it with a yellow chicken curry. AMAZING. I like Indian food. Sometimes I wish I were an East Indian person so I could have a mom that makes badass Indian food.

-I miss playing with legos. Maybe this is why I enjoy 3d modeling. I think I enjoy 3d animation more though. But I hate rigging. #&@$ rigging. Also, $&*@ UV mapping.

-Video games are awesome but they don't give me the joy they once did. Am I getting old or are video games just predictable and suck now?

-I often wish I lived in the U.S. I like Americans, and I like the way they are passionate about their freedoms. I also often wish I lived in Vancouver and have thought about moving there for well over 15 years now, but then I get paranoid that it's going to end up under water due to some big earthquake. Is fear running my life? Would I have been happier if I had just went?

*edit to add:

-I love this thread. Great idea. Stream of consciousness ftw.

edit on 7-3-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Six months later ... random thoughts ...

My beagle is fat. She looks like a potato with toothpicks for legs. Doesn't matter how much or how little she eats, nor the amount of exercise. She's a porky old lady. She smells bad and she howls ... but she's adorable.

I have a big headache going on two days now. ARGH. Even my eyes ache. Nothing touches it. It's Sjogrens stuff. Just gotta let it do it's thing.

People always end up disappointing me. I have to not expect as much from people. I probably disappoint them as well.

Metaphysical stuff - I'm wondering why I haven't heard from my spiritual director who passed away in January. He was a very holy older man. A priest in Rome. A very good soul who's last words to me a few weeks before his death were 'I won't forget you'. I had hoped to hear from him ... (and part of me had hoped he'd bring a miracle cure from the other side). I'm still keeping an eye out for a sign from him.

I'm looking forward to American Horror Story - Freakshow. I love American Horror Story. I've lost interest in all the other shows. The Dome took too long to come back on so I lost interest. Big Bang Theory? It's getting tiresome. Two and a Half Men died with Charlie. And the new Dr. Who is a bitter disappointment. Snobby and selfish. Thankfully South Park still reigns supreme.

I admit it ... guilty pleasure ... I read TMZ online each day to see how screwed up the rich and famous are.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 8/27/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

UPDATE from Six Months Ago -

originally posted by: FlyersFan
- My 17 year old daughter has a friend from school who is terminally ill with Midline Cancer. He's just 18 and a really good kid. This is the second friend she has that will have passed away early. Her other friend died at age 16 from epilepsy. I can't imagine the pressure on a kid of that age receiving that kind of news.

My daughter is now 18 and her friend died Sunday. It was the evening just before the first classes of the school year. Everyone was very sad. She called us at midnight to tell us he had died .. just hours before the first classes were to take place. She had hope that he would pull a miracle ... she hoped that up until the final minute. But it didn't happen that way.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 8/27/2014 by FlyersFan because: forgot mod tags. still getting used to them.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Sorry to hear that, FlyersFan. I lost a couple friends before I turned 18 and it was a bit of a head burner. When we're younger, I think we really do think we're immortal and that those old people passing are not the same as us. All it takes is a peer dying to set that record straight. I know it affected everyone at my school. We all lost our sense of immortality that day. Your daughter will be okay but she'll never forget her friend, that's for sure. I still think about those two that I lost and reflect upon all the life I've lived since their passings and how they didn't have those chances.

My random thought of the day after a too long and too tiring week? Trying to imagine what a monkey would look like in tights. Pretty sure that's a sign of impending mental breakdown, lol.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Wow, I forgot about this thread!

Random thought for the day:

If you hear a fire alarm go off in your apartment building, GET OUT.

Last night at 2:45 AM our alarm went off, and I went down to the first floor to find it filled with smoke.
I tracked down the apartment, and had to grab keys to let the cops in, and someone left a pot of something burning on the stove while they fell asleep, and it took the cops a few minutes to wake them up even with a fire alarm going off.

No damage to the building, however, out of 64 apartments, I only saw a few residents.
If it had been any worse, over 100 people could of died.

GET THE F OUT when a fire alarm is going off!

Ok, random thought with a purpose done.

Peace!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join