It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I seek truth yet it remains hidden..going bananas looking for the right religion (Help me)....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

mOjOm

Rtardx
I seek the truth because i fear the unknown. I'm afraid of the dark.

Well, that's a bad start. You're going to have a rough time finding anything like that. Confront your fears first then start looking for truth. Fear will just blind you.

I fear eternal damnation basically.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Metallicus
Just remember, you and God don't need a middleman.

Good luck, brother.

That is the smartest thing I've every heard someone say... I can't believe it isn't self-evident already..

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Rtardx

Then start there. Deal with that and most other things you confront should be minor by comparison, wouldn't you agree???

You can do it.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
If you're a true seeker.. you're never going to completely find your answer in what everyone else before you has written. Instead, understand that most spiritual teachings have their own grains of truth that are worth seeking out and understanding. Continue to read and research and look into different teachings with an open mind and heart and take from them those thoughts and insights that nourish your soul and help to elevate your awareness and being. That's all you can really do anyways when it comes down to it.

Secondly, and very importantly.. know that true spirituality has very little if not absolutely nothing to do with religion and religious doctrine. There are two books that I highly recommend and have gifted many copies over the years to people who seem to be on the same kind of path or asking the same types of questions.. "The Celestine Prophesy" by James Redfield and "Siddhartha" by Hermann Hesse. They both delve into a lot of what you seem to be dealing with right now and might be worth reading if you haven't already.

Don't let go.. Ignorance may be bliss but I promise your quest for knowledge and awareness will make it all worthwhile in the long run.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Rtardx

mOjOm

Rtardx

Well, that's a bad start. You're going to have a rough time finding anything like that. Confront your fears first then start looking for truth. Fear will just blind you.

Honestly I think the last thing you need is more religion if you feel that way. I think you should find a professional to talk to.

I am not being snide or anything else just honest.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Rtardx

mOjOm

Rtardx

No. Just no. Fear is not rational. Get over that. It's mental baggage.... and the bags are heavy so drop them.

If you are still looking for guidance then we can call an Oracle to this thread.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The Oracle is here.

To OP, specifically for this thread, you must take the blue pill.

Remember, blue pill only!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

NullVoid
The Oracle is here.

Oracle gives out cookies, not pills. Morpheus is the dude with the pills.

So I guess we should call Morpheus also!

edit on 3/4/2014 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

SayonaraJupiter

NullVoid
The Oracle is here.

Oracle gives out cookies, not pills. Morpheus is the dude with the pills.

So I guess we should call Morpheus also!

edit on 3/4/2014 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

Haha
Let me steal this thread a bit.

In truth, everyone can give cookies and the pills actually can only be found inside the person. Oracle give advice only, the choice, reason and result for the choice is everyone own business. Oracle does not really care. In fact, you can replace the Oracle with an 8 ball.

Whats important is understanding why the choice have to be made and a littles bit less importance, why that choice, There is no wrong or right, everything is already scripted, we just act it.
Understand above text correctly.

A person saw a child walking, theres 2 choice for him, he could
a) Kill the child
b) Let him walk
Oracle advice, if kill, the person will have remorse his entire life, if not kill, he will have remorse his entire life, an obvious choice it to pick between the 2, Oracle doesnt care.

Now, remember, there is no wrong or right, lets understand why the choice and more importantly - why the choice have to me made ?

Why choice have to be made ?
Answer: The child is walking through a known restrictive border, the person is the one guarding it.

Why the choice ?
Answer:The child knew its restricted but still walk through.

Is it wrong or right to kill him ?
Both, its wrong, but its also right.

The person must choose the between, a warning shot/disable the kid, so he wont have remorse his entire life.
There you go, cookie for the day.

Before you click, remember, there is no wrong or right, dont judge, and try to understand why the choice was made and why there is need for the choice at all, so you can become an Oracle too

Now click, remember, there is no wrong or right, understand why a choice needed. If you dont get it or found somebody fault, take the blue pill

Now, we bring you back to OP dilemma

edit on 4-3-2014 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

Heard of Rosicrucianism?

your path to enlightenment?

Although not a reigion as such, it seems to address alot of what you said you are looking for...just not being a "religion" as the norm dictates a religion is.
Heres a description from the international homepage...

The Ancient Mystical Order Rosae Crucis, more commonly known as the Rosicrucian Order, AMORC, is a non-sectarian body of men and women who study the elusive mysteries of life and the universe. Since 1915, hundreds of thousands of students have used the Rosicrucian teachings, carefully preserved by mystery schools for centuries, to find their inner light and wisdom. Delivered in a series of weekly lessons, the Rosicrucian home study course presents the collective wisdom of humanity on topics such as metaphysics, mysticism, and philosophy. Free from dogma, Rosicrucian students are encouraged to ask questions of the world around them and to use their insights to benefit not only themselves but also humanity.

I hope you find what you are looking for....There's always Shamanism if you are REALLY curious about the universe. Good luck!

edit....Just found this which was released in response to the state of humanity at the present....I really think you should read it. By the way...I am not a rosicrucian - if anyone thinks I am trying to "convert" the original poster...they'd be wrong.
Manifesto for 2014

Namaste.
edit on 4 3.1414 by taketheredpill because: spelling

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Rtardx
reply to post by Metallicus

What makes you so sure? And not paranoid like me?

The best guru is the spirit since it will guide you correctly and know the path you are meant to take. And the spirit is heard within first and then amplified in the without. And being a bit paranoid before you understand on a higher level might be a good thing for your evolution/change even if it is annoying to you.

Fear is only temporary and a reaction to not having enough information. There is no real reason to fear if you do not wanna fear. Ones you have let go fear will not return.

From my perspective this is a typical case of not having enough information. You are letting other beings create baseless fear in you without seeking spiritual knowledge.

Litany Against Fear. Frank Herbert.

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fears path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain.

edit on 4-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

I'm considering dropping out of high school and becoming a bum just so i can dedicate my life to seeking truth.

sorry but quitters don't find anything by quitting what they are doing.

I want to just let it all go and let my intuition and heart guide me but can I really even trust that?

If you don't know whats in your own heart, the truth or any variations others might understand will always be lost on you.

I only seek truth.

so stay on your path until something true finds you.

I'm trying to find the truth to it all,

Ok I guess I can let you in on a little secret many actual living things know,

your purpose is to experience, through that experience you will come to recognize truth and when you see clearly enough then the truth becomes you

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

I seek the truth because i fear the unknown.

well then you fear the truth then don't you?

I'm afraid of the dark.

Are you afraid when you close your eyes?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

a little word of advice to you. be CAREFUL. you will drive yourself quite literally insane if you don't take a step back and breath for a little while. I should know.

look, you're wondering what religion is right? that is a loaded question with many different, but correct, answers.

truth is perception my friend. find your perception and go with it, and always be willing to bend before you break.

best wishes

-solong

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Rtardx
I'm becoming depressed and slightly suicidal,

I don't have an answer on anything you are seeking as I am not enlightened or spiritual by any means
and I usually stay out of these threads , but having read the responses from the people here , I am shocked that no one has quoted these first few words.

If you truly are feeling that way, I would really tell people who are close to you and who mean everything to you, about those feelings , and if you cannot , please speak to someone who can help you ,there are plenty of support groups all over ,who will help . Then may you find whatever it is you are seeking.

Riouz

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Rtardx

mOjOm

Rtardx

ahhhhh. DOGMA. just remember "God" is love. God is in you. Is it not written that you are all gods?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

The only answer to this question that doesn't have any contradictions or fallacies is Agnosticism. No, it isn't atheism. Yes, it still allows for belief in the paranormal (the term is agnostic theist). It requires critical thought, intelligence, and a level of skepticism.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Rtardx

Metallicus

Rtardx
reply to post by Metallicus

What makes you so sure? And not paranoid like me?

I'm sure because I'm a parent.

Nothing my kids could do could make me stop loving them or condemn them to a hell or purgatory. If I have that much love and I am just a little spec of dust on piece of rock hurtling through space can you imagine how much love God must have for us?

Just saying, you are going to be Okay!

I'm going to think about this post all night while I sleep tonight, Thanks.

You are wiser than you think and its shown to me by how you just responded to Metallicus.

That was truth in their reply to you,

Now that sparked some interest in you didn't it?

Could it be because you find it to be true or at least it sounds true to your ears?

Thumbs up to Metallicus as I believe their words that explain their other post to be simply beautiful and a fine example of truth.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I would not accept anyone's word on this very important issue. You can know the truth of all things, by the Power of the Holy Ghost. I would admonish you, in the name of Jesus Christ, to pray, with sincere intent, if the Book of Mormon is true. And He will manifest it unto you, by the power of His Holy Spirit. I bear you my solemn testimony that The Book of Mormon is the word of God.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

I felt the same way you do a few years ago, what helped me find peace was after years of researching esoteric scriptures and every possible spiritual book I could find I suddenly had an epiphany one night; if I truly wished to get in touch with The Creator I wasn't going to find him externally through books and learning but by reaching inside of myself.

Meditation and silent reflection are the key to finding your true spiritual beliefs. Our bodies are the temple of God, our inner concentration is the key to opening its doors.

My best advice would be to stay determined, every pitfall is a test being placed at your feet to prove if you're truly ready to follow the path. Best of luck brother.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join