It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So they want our guns...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Food for thought.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

holy crap, she's awesome.

she could be a he, and that'd still be a goddamn awesome video, because it was just so...intelligent..

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

SWCCFAN
The rhetoric today sounds a lot like pre-WWII Germany...

Just in case ....

Indeed.

Godwin says you're post is BS

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul

Funny, Godwin says yours is...

Godwin's law applies especially to inappropriate, inordinate, or hyperbolic comparisons of other situations (or one's opponent) with Nazis

Godwin's law itself can be abused as a distraction, diversion or even as censorship, fallaciously miscasting an opponent's argument as hyperbole when the comparisons made by the argument are actually appropriate.

The nazis confiscated the citizen's guns....fact, not hyperbole..

your argument is invalid.

thanks for playing, would you care to try again?
edit on 6-3-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Daedalus

Aloysius the Gaul

Funny, Godwin says yours is...

Godwin's law applies especially to inappropriate, inordinate, or hyperbolic comparisons of other situations (or one's opponent) with Nazis

Godwin's law itself can be abused as a distraction, diversion or even as censorship, fallaciously miscasting an opponent's argument as hyperbole when the comparisons made by the argument are actually appropriate.

The nazis confiscated the citizen's guns....fact, not hyperbole..

your argument is invalid.

thanks for playing, would you care to try again?
edit on 6-3-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

QFT!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul

SWCCFAN
The rhetoric today sounds a lot like pre-WWII Germany...

Just in case ....

Indeed.

Truth Hurts...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

SWCCFAN
Truth Hurts...

Well, the truth is that he took guns from a group of people that were not considered "citizens".

He actually relaxed gun control for those considered "citizens".

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

The Nazi's took the guns from anyone they thought was a threat.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

But they relaxed gun control for those that were not so the comparison doesn't quite fit.

Of course you can cherry pick to make it fit.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

........ 2nd hand body armor and a half broken rifle loaded with cheap Russian steel cased ammo just waiting for "them" to come and shake you down for all your cold steel.

Augustus,

I have to take you to task on the 'half broken rifle loaded with cheap russian steel cased ammo" comment. This little beauty runs just fine on ancient surplus corrosive crud and keeps a good pattern. Of coarse since it's had a facelift everyone will think its 'evil'... but in a way it kinda is.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragondark

Recheck your quote, I never said that.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Oh Carp! Sorry bout that! I'm blaming it on being new to forums and the reply with quotes button.

To the OP, my point is still valid since that is a $75 Big5 special from 1936 Russia with a few mods. It kept a better pattern at 200 yards than a Remington 700 chambered in .308 last time it went to the range. (.308 is a comparably sized round to this rifle).

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

##snipped##if you think the people won't win. The people always win. The problem arises when they allow usurpation to be invited after they win.

There are so many more people than government that there's no choice but to win.

Do you honestly think that curfews and martial law would work in government's favor?

I promise you out wouldn't.

The main reason that people win when fighting tyranny is that it's easy for the people fighting against tyranny to know who the tyrants are but it's virtually impossible for tyrants to know who belongs to the resistance.

Small arms and improvised weapons are more than enough under those circumstances to hold off and prevail against a known easily identifiable enemy.

Jaden
edit on Fri Mar 7 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

SWCCFAN
I think there is growing momentum on both sides of the argument.

However our side, the Right one ... Imagine that leftist, is actually backed up bu the Constitution.

If you do not learn from our own history you will be doomed to live through a repeat of it.

Evils are sufferable but when a government seeks to deny us the right
s guaranteed by the Constitution they agreed with to become a state,
they will leave the people with no choice but to stand and defend those
rights.

Exactly .

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Daedalus

ManFromEurope
Meh, I learned from these threads: Don't come armed with logic to a gun-antigun-fight.
---
The core of all thoughts here is simple: If you have guns, the other one will have guns, too. So you need more/better/bigger guns. Which goes for the other person as well.

Result: spiral of logic-defying weapon-purchases. And not a yota-tiny-bit more security..

that's a lovely opinion....too bad it's not based on facts....

answer me these simple questions:

do criminals have guns?

will ANY law stop criminals from having guns?

is it unreasonable to expect the ability to defend yourself on the same terms as your attacker?

the simple fact is that there is NO logic to the anti-gun side of the debate....it's all lies, appeals to emotion, and knee-jerk reactions....name me one place that previously allowed gun ownership, that is safer after having banned it.

if you own a gun, and some armed villain breaks into your home, with the intent to do harm, and you use that gun to stop him, i daresay that provided you with a measure of security....or do you disagree with that, as well?

Okay, it was a long time ago, but I will answer nevertheless:

Last year, there was a raid on a local headquarter of a chapter of "Hell's Angels"-gang. They found several blunt weapons, knifes, axes. Not a single gun, pistol, rifle, or any other kind of shooting-weapon.

So, yes, there are countries with criminals who really, really seldom have access or use of a gun. Just think about such a country, wouldn't it be much more favorable to live there?

Germany's police force shot 86 shots in 2013, alltogether. The police-force for 80.000.000 people. 86 Shots!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

ManFromEurope

Daedalus

ManFromEurope
Meh, I learned from these threads: Don't come armed with logic to a gun-antigun-fight.
---
The core of all thoughts here is simple: If you have guns, the other one will have guns, too. So you need more/better/bigger guns. Which goes for the other person as well.

Result: spiral of logic-defying weapon-purchases. And not a yota-tiny-bit more security..

that's a lovely opinion....too bad it's not based on facts....

answer me these simple questions:

do criminals have guns?

will ANY law stop criminals from having guns?

is it unreasonable to expect the ability to defend yourself on the same terms as your attacker?

the simple fact is that there is NO logic to the anti-gun side of the debate....it's all lies, appeals to emotion, and knee-jerk reactions....name me one place that previously allowed gun ownership, that is safer after having banned it.

if you own a gun, and some armed villain breaks into your home, with the intent to do harm, and you use that gun to stop him, i daresay that provided you with a measure of security....or do you disagree with that, as well?

Last year, there was a raid on a local headquarter of a chapter of "Hell's Angels"-gang. They found several blunt weapons, knifes, axes. Not a single gun, pistol, rifle, or any other kind of shooting-weapon.

So, yes, there are countries with criminals who really, really seldom have access or use of a gun. Just think about such a country, wouldn't it be much more favorable to live there?

Germany's police force shot 86 shots in 2013, alltogether. The police-force for 80.000.000 people. 86 Shots!

Meh, I'd hope a German would not be too comfortable with the concept of civilian disarmament and letting the government have a monopoly on force. I'd hope you learned from history.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

ManFromEurope

Nice sidestep...you didn't answer at all.....

care to try again?

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SWCCFAN

Remember.

Fast forward to 9.27.2021

A very disturbing video clip from Australia. Policeman is punishing a lady for not wearing her mask outdoors, properly.

Video Clip: twitter.com...

This level of police brutality is coming to America, if the Biden Administration is successful with taking away our guns.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The real joke is they want my guns, but not my CANNONS.
I own 4 black powder cannons and no one has ever talked about taking them but if i loaded them with BBs they would be like firing 30+ 12 Gage shotguns a once

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join