It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Cops Unlawfully Detain Driver, File False Charges - You Gotta See This

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ran across this today and thought it was a perfect example of unjust behavior and attitude from officers who's ego seems to dictate their behavior in unjust way. The guy and his wife had pulled over to switch driving and the rest ensued. One officer illegally searches vehicle, and when the guy objects, the attitudes elevate.
You are "fixin" to be arrested? The citations says no search was applied.
I tried to find the transcripts and if anyone else does, please post. It is a 20 minute vid, but well worth the view, all the way through.

The hearing is shown here as well, and the prosecuter is a straight up A-hole!!!
My jaw dropped at the prosecutors attitude and what he says. At the 15 minute mark, the prosecutor's advice is priceless and I can't really believe he says what he does. Surely he knows he is being recorded, so basically he thinks he is right, fully?!?!

At the end the accused says "So we do live in a jackboot society" to the prosecutor and the pros says" Sometimes, and we shouldn't…Sometimes it is better just to stand there and let it all roll over."
Ultimately all charges were dropped and the accused filed for motion to dismiss with prejudice, but the judge did not care and refused.

Todd Greenwood[prosecutor] then compared rural Texas to the movie Deliverance, and warned me “What’s written down in the Constitution is one thing, and the real practice is another.”

I just thought this was an open and shut case of policing gone bad..
disinfo.com...

I hope this incident makes it to ATS live for discussion. I would like to hear some perspective from our mods who are LEO's.
edit on 3-3-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This is our new justice system hard at work, speak up and your punished.
With our governments policies on whistle blowers, the way these cases
are rarely even properly handled, the attitude of the general populace
and how your treated when you need to file a complaint on an officer in many
places, it really is no surprise that this is the outcome.

I honestly think every single officer in the US should have to wear a cam
when interacting with any civilian, this would protect both parties from
false accusations. I also think we need a completely new way to deal
with complaints against officers since internal affairs seems to drop the
ball on oh so many of these cases.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Badges ARE Redcoats..

They are the same in EVERY actionable way.

I wonder where the Texas cop jockers from another threads discussion will view this. oh i know "der dee dur, most of them are good" without a SHRED of proof to back it up.

I have TONS of proof ALL badges ARE redcoats. youtube and historical examples

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

HanzHenry

Badges ARE Redcoats..

I wonder where the Texas cop jockers from another threads discussion will view this. oh i know "der dee dur, most of them are good" without a SHRED of proof to back it up.

I am requesting proof the the police in SLC, UT are redcoats. Based off my own dealings with the local LEO, I'm inclined to disagree with this ridiculous generalization.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Wanna hear my story about Titusville Florida?

Long story short:

My buddy and I are hitchiking across the USA and end up at a party with a bunch of local kids in Titusville. We were driving a passed out kid back to his house in his car when the following happened.

Drunk cop gets his truck stuck while four wheeling in the landscaping at the Ramada Inn.
Waves us down in middle of the road, We stopped he recognized the passed out local kid in the passenger seat as someone whom he has "smashed before". Orders us to drive him to police station to get the tow truck from his brother. Then orders us to wait for him outside cause he ain't done with us yet. Needless to say the second he went into the cop shop I put the car in revere and drove 100 miles away. Leaving ten bucks on the dashboard and him passed out in his car we caught the next ride south.

Cops can do a lot fo bad things and get away with it, in some places.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

This is our new justice system hard at work, speak up and your punished.
With our governments policies on whistle blowers, the way these cases
are rarely even properly handled, the attitude of the general populace
and how your treated when you need to file a complaint on an officer in many
places, it really is no surprise that this is the outcome.

Agreed and here is a fine example of that, where an officer calls the lady anti-american for asking a question.T

I understand the overall attitude of leo's, who deal with the worse facts of our society, but they have to exercise better judgement and how they treat people because some situations are different and they are in the wrong.
edit on 3-3-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
And they go to church on Sunday... Hallelujah!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I wonder where the Texas cop jockers from another threads discussion will view this.

Even objectively judging, these guys were wrong and I can see no defense, hence the final decision by the courts.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Mamatus

Cops can do a lot of bad things and get away with it, in some places.

^this
I think saying "all cops are bad" is wrong. I've met good cops, and I've met bad cops. Geography plays a big part in these kinds of situations I think.
Still, don't agree with the cops in the video, or in Mamatus' story.
I've been arrested a couple times, and even found those arresting officers to be nice. The 1st time (when I was 16) me and the officer talked about his favorite band (Metallica) which was one of mine at the time too. The 2nd time (17) the lady cop drove me home, and forgot to give me my Driver's License back. The next day she came over after her shift, and returned my ID. She could've put it in the mail, but she apologized for not returning the night before.

All in all when I think about my dealings with LEO is it could've been a hell've a lot worse. (my own dealings, not the video)
edit on 3-3-2014 by rangerdanger because: confusion

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

rangerdanger

All in all when I think about my dealings with LEO is it could've been a hell've a lot worse.

Yes, but the man defended himself. Also you have a prosecutor who admits to procuring money under false pretences, and admits that the cops in his town are perjurors all on DVD.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Agreed 100%.
I meant that last part for my own personal dealings, not the video in the OP.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

I've met good cops, and I've met bad cops. Geography plays a big part in these kinds of situations I think.

Said a mouth full there. Geography. That and skin color...and steroids and how the last traffic stop went and how the LEO is getting along with their spouse and kids. And other stuff.

Criminal mafia. Ironically the civil courts have been helping to clean up the smaller cells. Now we are turning the bigger PD's in to military units. That's the new thing. Straight up Fascism. Watch Ukraine there were good cops in there sniping protesters.

Think that can't happen here?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Interesting and in depth video. It's startling to see what transpired during his hearing. To have a judge ignore the rights of a citizen is really astonishing! It seems like nobody wanted to tangle with the police chief or his officers. If this is common occurrence, this country is definitely heading down the wrong path. I just hope that video exposes the corruption in that town. Maybe if enough citizens in that county view this video, somebody will have enough courage to call these people into question.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The system admits it is corrupt. Surprised.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Laws now are meant only to persecute the citizens and not protect them from criminals. Why? The criminals are the pigs.

Derek

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Unbelievable.

The legal system is broken.

I am speechless.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass
reply to post by rangerdanger

I've met good cops, and I've met bad cops. Geography plays a big part in these kinds of situations I think.

Said a mouth full there. Geography. That and skin color...and steroids and how the last traffic stop went and how the LEO is getting along with their spouse and kids. And other stuff.

Criminal mafia. Ironically the civil courts have been helping to clean up the smaller cells. Now we are turning the bigger PD's in to military units. That's the new thing. Straight up Fascism. Watch Ukraine there were good cops in there sniping protesters.

Think that can't happen here?

I stand by my statement. I've met good cops, and bad cops. In my experience it isn't worthwhile to generalize an entire group based off the actions of a few.
It gets to a point where you are just fear mongering. I see plenty of police brutality videos, but I wonder why people don't film all the good police do around the country. Probably because nobody care about the good, they only focus on the bad.
I for one, am not scared of LEO in the slightest. The only power they have is the power you give them.
As for the militarization, I live in a pretty big urban area. SLC is not small, and yet we have no tanks, apcs, drones or any of that. The cops in Salt Lake ride 10 speeds with fanny packs. I don't know how many are-15s you can fit in a fanny pack, but I'd say none is a good guess.
Like I said, I agree with the OP, and those that abuse their power should be punished. It's a shame that they don't always get punished, but I haven't seen any police snipe people at the countless rallies/protests I've attended in my adult life.
Honestly, if you're so fed up, and want to make a change, pick up a badge, and change it yourself. Creating fear won't change anything.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

smurfy

rangerdanger

All in all when I think about my dealings with LEO is it could've been a hell've a lot worse.

Yes, but the man defended himself. Also you have a prosecutor who admits to procuring money under false pretences, and admits that the cops in his town are perjurors all on DVD.

You would think the tape we just watched could be turned over to a higher court or law enforcement agency (FBI?) and the judge, prosecutor, and the two cops would all be looking for new employment... Just some dreamland story I suppose if that were to happen... It looks like right does not match might in some cases especially with video after video of cops lying and pushing trumped up charges. I personally think this stuff sucks and wish it were not so.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

We did see that Chief state he had no reason to arrest or issue a citation when the prosecutor wanted it. Kinda funny except it was the way it should have been handled.

You gave me a video... Really a shame that officials lie in their course of work.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

rangerdanger

HanzHenry

Badges ARE Redcoats..

I am requesting proof the the police in SLC, UT are redcoats. Based off my own dealings with the local LEO, I'm inclined to disagree with this ridiculous generalization.

Youtube and history.. there are your examples, not my job to tutor you.

But in short.

1. For Profit Prison partitcipation
2. Checkpoints
3. Revenue Generation (tickets, fines, etc.)
4. Enforce Free Speech Zones, protest harassment (permission to protest), etc.
5. Throw people out of their homes for the PROFIT of FOREIGN interests
6. Arrest people for Possession.* TYRANTS ALL AROUND.
7. prevent people from openly exercising their Bill of Rights (2nd amendment mainly)

*note: "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

without derailing the thread I abstain from further.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

On OP topic.

When we see these betrayers of the public trust get flogged and given the 'Rodney King' by the imaginary "good cops" then I will begin to question my position. But as Officer Schoolcraft NYPD discovered, that is futile.

All with integrity throw aside the badge/redcoat because they come to realize that participating and perpetuating TYRANNY for a paycheck/pension is BENEATH their Honor and Integrity

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join