It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian military gives Ukrainian forces until 03:00 GMT to surrender or face an assault

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this has been picked up yet, did do a quick scan.

If not please see link below.

www.bbc.co.uk...

It looks like things are about to heat up big time! Hoping this calms down soon, I really do!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bishbop09

Whoa!
I guess Putin didn't get the message that Obama sent.... "There will be costs".

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I love the quote: Putin is playing chess and Obama is playing marbles.
Alex Jones is some what of a nut ,but I do enjoy his shows.

www.youtube.com...=274

www.infowars.com...
edit on 3-3-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

moments ago
Ukraine crisis: Grip tightens

www.bbc.com...
edit on 3-3-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Obama shouldn't be playing this game at all. He should be playing the let's reduce our budget game or one of them other dusty old homegrown games sitting on the shelf.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well, this is it, folks.

Short of a diplomatic miracle, now it's just a countdown to war.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Cathcart

Does it actually start right at 300GMT and who is the half time show act?

link   
There must be weapons of mass distractions in the Ukraine.
Yeah Russia, go with that.

+17 more 
link   
Commented in one of the myriad of Ukraine threads but it fits here as well... I keep reading comments about how Obama has no nads and hasn't 'done anything', Obama needs to 'do' something, the U.S. is just rolling over, etc. So what exactly do all you parental basement dwelling, armchair generals suggest we do? Should we bomb Russia? Send troops to the Ukraine? A naval confrontation? What exactly? Is there anything that you can conjure-up that would cause Putin to back down? Cause I, for one, would love to hear it. I can think of any number of things that would make a dangerous and bad situation exceedingly worse and cost the U.S. in every sense of the word but am at a loss to find an upside move. So, I'd love to hear yours. By the comments I've read you clearly must have a plan.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is not a good thing. I will bet every dollar I have that come the deadline you will see the Ukrainians in that garrison lay down their arms and walk out. Anything else is suicide against the Russians surrounding them at this time.

Should shots be fired by the Russians, I would back a response from the USA that exceeds Obama's words and threats of economic sanctions. We need to show Russia that this is not allowable and that the USA is willing to fight for freedom. Or we should just shut up and ignore it. Either way talk is cheap and I tire of the banter. Do something or shut up and let them handle their own country.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

jtma508
Commented in one of the myriad of Ukraine threads but it fits here as well... I keep reading comments about how Obama has no nads and hasn't 'done anything', Obama needs to 'do' something, the U.S. is just rolling over, etc. So what exactly do all you parental basement dwelling, armchair generals suggest we do? Should we bomb Russia? Send troops to the Ukraine? A naval confrontation? What exactly? Is there anything that you can conjure-up that would cause Putin to back down? Cause I, for one, would love to hear it. I can think of any number of things that would make a dangerous and bad situation exceedingly worse and cost the U.S. in every sense of the word but am at a loss to find an upside move. So, I'd love to hear yours. By the comments I've read you clearly must have a plan.

If he shouldn't do anything, then he needs to state that.
Coming out with his own lame-arse version of an ultimatum/red line to cross isn't what he needs to do, especially if he doesn't intend to back up his words.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Salamandy
reply to post by Cathcart

Does it actually start right at 300GMT and who is the half time show act?

For your delight at half time -
North and South Korea will present a 30 minute interchange of artillery and small arms fire.
Meanwhile the armies of Russia and Ukraine will retire from the field for oranges and gatoraid.
edit on AM1Mon20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

jtma508
By the comments I've read you clearly must have a plan.

That was a well said post. The reality is that there is no plan past Rhetoric once the sneaky support of internal rebellion by the USA did not do the entire job as planned. The USA no longer stands up and takes action against anyone that can actually fight back. We will sneak in political usurpers but not much else.

Any US involvement in this situation will result in a real war as I suspect Putin wants to see it all come to a head between the USA and Russia in his lifetime.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

I hope they have warned Kim jong about the penalties for wardrobe malfunctions. Don't need to see that!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
i bet you North Korea and china are taking note. They see Obama cowering in the corner. I think North Korea and China have the perfect opportunity to start taking some land by force know Obama won’t do anything.
edit on 3-3-2014 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Once again tough guy.... what would you suggest we do under the circumstances? Do you have a plan that would back Putin down? Is there conceivably any action that would stop what seems to be inevitable?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Yes and everybody justifying and cheering Russia on were really helping the situation...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

SLAYER69
Yes and everybody justifying and cheering Russia on were really helping the situation...

Slayer, are you the batman or the spiderman in the pic? Who am I kidding, you are Batman, cause Slayer needs no help getting over a wall...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

butcherguy

Whoa!

I'm sure Putin "heard" the message, but with how weak Obama appears, Putin would be the last to take him seriously.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

butcherguy

Whoa!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join