It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu Deaths Up 1000% in California

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

I share your concern that viral infections are threatening.

Erm. No. I think infections are a double-edged sword. Viruses and microbes mutate in response to environmental change, these days quite rapidly because we are changing our environment so rapidly. Then, viruses "share" their environmental adaptations with us in the form of infections. Some effects of infection are harmful but some are beneficial in the sense that they help us adapt to environmental changes. imho, it's an evolutionary mechanism.

According to DNA, You're Half-Human, Half-Virus

Viruses Can Change Human Genetic Code

Disease? Or Evolutionary Change?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Glad you're feeling better! D3 is amazing. N-acetylcysteine is a two-edged sword - use with GREAT caution, and think of it as a medication, NOT a nutritional supplement. It now is being used for epilepsy and various psychiatric illnesses where existing treatments leave a lot to be desired - it's better than pharma-type meds, but there are still dangers.

The concept that antioxidants can help fight cancer is deeply rooted in the general population, promoted by the food supplement industry, and supported by some scientific studies. However, clinical trials have reported inconsistent results. We show that supplementing the diet with the antioxidants N-acetylcysteine (NAC) and vitamin E markedly increases tumor progression and reduces survival in mouse models of B-RAF– and K-RAS–induced lung cancer. RNA sequencing revealed that NAC and vitamin E, which are structurally unrelated, produce highly coordinated changes in tumor transcriptome profiles, dominated by reduced expression of endogenous antioxidant genes. NAC and vitamin E increase tumor cell proliferation by reducing ROS, DNA damage, and p53 expression in mouse and human lung tumor cells. Inactivation of p53 increases tumor growth to a similar degree as antioxidants and abolishes the antioxidant effect. Thus, antioxidants accelerate tumor growth by disrupting the ROS-p53 axis. Because somatic mutations in p53 occur late in tumor progression, antioxidants may accelerate the growth of early tumors or precancerous lesions in high-risk populations such as smokers and patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease who receive NAC to relieve mucus production.

Copyright © 2014, American Association for the Advancement of Science
Citation: V. I. Sayin, M. X. Ibrahim, E. Larsson, J. A. Nilsson, P. Lindahl, M. O. Bergo, Antioxidants Accelerate Lung Cancer Progression in Mice. Sci. Transl. Med. 6, 221ra15 (2014).*/

Researchers at the University of Virginia reported in 2007 study using very large doses in a mouse model that acetylcysteine could potentially cause damage to the heart and lungs.[35] They found that acetylcysteine was metabolized to S-nitroso-N-acetylcysteine (SNOAC), which increased blood pressure in the lungs and right ventricle of the heart (pulmonary artery hypertension) in mice treated with acetylcysteine. The effect was similar to that observed following a 3-week exposure to an oxygen-deprived environment (chronic hypoxia). The authors also found that SNOAC induced a hypoxia-like response in the expression of several important genes both in vitro and in vivo.

...Researchers from Anhui Medical University in China reported in 2006 that although N-acetylcysteine prevented liver damage when taken before alcohol, when taken 4 hours after alcohol it actually made liver damage worse in a dose-dependent fashion.[38]

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Always, always always seek medical attention.

Me and the wife both just shook this crap.
Nasty bugger that clings to the upper respiratory, so you cough and cough producing nada.
I resorted to putting my wife in the tub, with a grater and a large white onion. Made her sit
there and grate that onion, in her steaming hot bath water, as the tub filled. She was rapid
breathing the short breaths and I told her, "If this doesn't work you are go'in to emergency".
She's cleaning the kitchen now and it's gone.

SnF
edit on 4-3-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

All (died) of h1n1. The 31 year old woman had gotten a vaccine for that specifically.

The current vaccine supposedly protects against the H1N1 strain that's circulating - but I wonder. Also, the news I read said none of the fatalities had been vaccinated - but that doesn't wash with me.

Fact is, anyone who wasn't vaccinated, caught H1N1 in 2009, then was exposed again this year would have broad immunity. ...I got something a couple of weeks ago and came through way better than younger people I know who got it too - mine was mild, theirs was really severe.

Not sure what it all means except that the more we throw at viruses and microbes, the more they mutate, adapt and evolve. Time for a new paradigm methinks.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Thanks for that. Was not aware of that information regarding N-acetylcysteine. Any supplements I take are taken as medicine, ie-only when needed. When I had that killer flu for 4 months, the mucus production was so copious as to prevent sleeping longer than 10 minutes at a time. I was exhausted after only 2 days and it just kept on and on and on. The NAC quieted the mucus production enough that I could sleep 30 to 60 minutes at a time before waking up in coughing fits of drowning in secretions. I read a thread on here recommending D3 which I tried (couldn't hurt, right?) and the flu was GONE about 3 days later! I've been a big fan ever since. I always drag it out when the colloidal silver or oreganol doesn't work. Appreciate the info about NAC, though.

And rickymouse, thanks for the info about chicken soup. Didn't know that contained NAC. Good to know.

edit on 4-3-2014 by whitewave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I think a lot of these are because of vaccinations. They are toxic coctails of heavy metals with viral components. If you take them you usually end up getting sick from the very same thing you just got innoculated against. I truly believe it's a scam to make you a patient always needing some type of medical treatment or pharmaceutical product. Another thing is all the contamination in our environment and drinking water coupled with the overuse of antibacterial soaps. everything now days is becoming antiboitic resistant. Time to get back to just boosting your own immune system with natural methods and identifying and keeping known toxins out of your body in the first place! natural immunity

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This kind of news is so disheartening. The flu is often brutal to pregnant women and I hate hearing about babies and Moms dying of it--or any person for that matter.

It makes you realize how primitive we still are. We're still battling the flu----and cancer and MS and diabetes...and the list goes on and on.

To top it all off, we have to deal with chemicals in our food and pesticides on our vegetables and yoga mat material in our bread.

There are days I just look around and can't help but feel the cards are all stacked against us.

I'll mail ten dollars to anyone who can show me an "elite" that's died of the flu this winter. I'm just insanely curious to know.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join