It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff warns of second American revolution if gun confiscation laws pass

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

macman
reply to post by Maxatoria

So, with the idea of the US Military battling against US Militia, I think there are many things to consider.

Some are in fact home field advantage, US Military red tape to execute certain actions, the desertion rate and internal issues as well.

You have a large and powerful force that is large. Large is nice, but often means not fast and not scalable.

Then you have a light and fast force. This is nice, but the strike and run style of fighting would need to be used.

Well it would be uber hard for the military to identify the enemy. I'm sure you know that well. Attacks from all directions and massive support from fellow citizens. Ambushes, ieds and civilian snipers in every window.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to face that as a soldier. Afghanistan 2.0 × 10

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TiedDestructor

It truly is Afghanistan 2.0.

It is redcoat versus colonist again.

The US Military is not very autonomous in nature. Sure, there are certain groups, squadrons, battalions, platoons and so on that can work independently to a degree.
But.....when going against an independent cell, it would be difficult to fight.

The idea stands that when going against a larger opponent, within warfare, the goal isn't to beat them. The goal is to make it difficult to operate, thus making it not feasible to continue past a certain point.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

It's relatively difficult to twist a direct quote taken verbatim from Ghandi's book. The man never said not to fight back when attacked. Non-violence was a weapon he suggested to use against oppressors - not street thugs and murderers.

Why is it so hard for you to see the bigger picture? All of this gun confiscation nonsense will accomplish nothing except increase the violence. If you can sit back all non-violent-like while your house is invaded, your wife and children raped or killed, your property stolen - I won't admire your non-violent restraint. My family and I will pity your wife and children.

Take away guns and people will become archers. Take away bows and arrows and they will use spears and swords. Take away blades and it will be harder to prepare food - and people will use blunt force weapons. Take away clubs and stones and people will kill with their fists. Take everything away and we're a world of paraplegics hurling hateful words at each other. Then they come for your tongue.

If you get your wish, the only people with guns will be the enforcers. And what will stop them from doing whatever they want to you and your family?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
And there should be, it is what our constitution states. Easy answer, but a hard battle and decisions ahead.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

projectvxn
reply to post by Kyuss

You say no American soldiers would attack their own but you failed to realize that there are soldiers from other countries on the ground in our country already under the guise of military war games.

There aren't enough American boots on the ground to hold the continental US, let alone foreign.

And lets say that even 25% of American troops joined with the government to fight, they'd have to make it passed all the ones who wouldn't. Foreign troops on our soil to put down an American revolt is a laughable concept. They wouldn't make it but a few days at best.

As far as American troops are concerned, I'm one of them. I do not want to destroy my own home and don't know a single soldier who does. Don't think we don't have these conversations regularly. Many of us are gun owners too. We're serious about our oaths to the Constitution, and we are certainly not the same army we were 20 - 40 years ago. We don't exist in an information vacuum, as I keep saying. We have access to the internet just as much as you do, we have access to news from around the world.

Hell right now I'm in Afghanistan. My ability to communicate while deployed has increased 1000 times what soldiers were able to do just 10 years ago. When I first came out here I wasn't sure that was even going to be possible. But my post count has only gone up since I deployed. The notion that somehow we're not gonna know what is going on is another effect of the pretentious attitude people take toward troops. The notion that we're all dumb and don't know anything outside of what our platoon sergeants tell us.

Likewise the same for the police. The idea that most police would simply follow these orders is ridiculous. Some may, but again, they would have to get passed the ones who wouldn't. I believe people have a conscience. That most people would see the stupidity in this endeavor. And the ones who refuse to see it, who would bloody their own people to enforce unjust law, would simply become the enemy, and justifiably so.

They can hire their private armies. They can get their foreign friends. Trust me, there aren't enough of them.
edit on pTue, 04 Mar 2014 01:02:30 -060020144America/Chicago2014-03-04T01:02:30-06:0031vx3 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

I don't know what to say, other than THANK YOU.

To know there are people like you who truly are willing to fight for us chokes me up a bit.

As a normal citizen, it's easy to feel...sort of alone. Lately it feels rather bleak. I often ask "why can't they just leave us alone?". Just because I have a few shotguns and some pistols (okay, yeah. One of em is a Desert Eagle. So sue me), I'm made to feel like a leper. But I grew up a country kid. Guns have always been around. We show them off to family members during gatherings, we shoot and make fun of each other for missing, and we hunt. Now some shmucks think they can just come and take them away. It's insane.

Anyway. Thanks for sticking up for us. I hope the time never comes when I might have the opportunity to return the favor. If that ever happened, though, it would be an honor to fight next to you.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

stutteringp0et
reply to post by swanne

It's relatively difficult to twist a direct quote taken verbatim from Ghandi's book. The man never said not to fight back when attacked. Non-violence was a weapon he suggested to use against oppressors - not street thugs and murderers.

Were you attacked by the government? Did they sent you a sniper?

If you can sit back all non-violent-like while your house is invaded, your wife and children raped or killed, your property stolen - I won't admire your non-violent restraint. My family and I will pity your wife and children.

So... what does that have to do with you guys planning to kill thousands of people by throwing the USA into a revolution? The way I see it, you and your government are both bullies in this picture.

Why is it so hard for you to see the bigger picture? All of this gun confiscation nonsense will accomplish nothing except increase the violence.

I just don't see it. I live in Canada. No one has guns up here. Do you know how many murders we have in Canada vs USA? Hey, why don't you check by yourself?

www.statcan.gc.ca...

nation.time.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
no need to pull the guns. *Breaking Rush Begins Again As Russia Halts Soviet Ammunition Exports to the US! Yes that's the title. Russia is the USA's biggest exporter of bullets. Linky www.silverdoctors.com... They also own 200B in US bonds. Oh, and they're not joking.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

Well I guess that means the Wolf Ammo will be hard to get for awhile. Ahhh well... They can keep their steel cases.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I think it's an empty threat. The chain of abuses has been so great and gone on so long I honestly don't believe there will ever be an attempt to restore law, order and Constitutionality to the USA. It's only a short matter of time until there is a North American Union comes into being. The United States have been decimated on paper already, and if they only put into practice a tenth of the egregious laws they've put on paper there's be no illusions left on the matter.

I think the only thing that keeps Americans from going bonkers is their collective belief that some of them are somehow laying in wait for the right time to actually do something about those who infiltrated and overthrew their power structure years ago. Unfortunately for them and the world I just don't believe it's a reality.

Any violent resistance has been well-prepared for by the government. The 30k+ drones have sealed the deal.

China owns the USA already, and should the State fail to collect the arms I'm sure the Chinese military will get the job done.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Everyone assumes that if the citizens have to take up arms to remain free they will fight the army,navy,usmc etc. This would be foolish, all of those branches of the military are staffed with OUR brothers,sisters,aunts and uncle's. You can be sure the number of people, related to the individuals pushing the gun confiscation, that are serving in the military is insignificant and we wont fight our own children. The fight will come to the people who legislated the unconstitutional bills, whether it be federal, state or local. The military wont, nor will they have time, to defend them. And they will find America still wants to be free. Believe it.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by StoutBroux

Well I guess that means the Wolf Ammo will be hard to get for awhile. Ahhh well... They can keep their steel cases.

Just an FYI but you really shouldn't be putting Wolf through any of your firearms unless you're willing to clean them nonstop.

I've said it before here but the US Govt. couldn't possibly contain a civil insurgency. They have the tech, the heavy weaponry. Insurgents have what matters - the element of surprise and decentralized terror cells.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I agree, and when people work together to take down a more advanced force equipment wise they can often recover some if not all equipment being used against them thus evening the scales through equal armament. Assuming that is even necessary.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wills120

lol... I couldn't agree more. The wolf garbage is what I had to feed through my mini-14 and AR-15 before I sold them. Cheap trash for range time and practice in guns that were kept for the purpose of general utility use and not precision shooting.

Someone caught feeding that steel case junk into one of my bolt action rifles would get beaten over the head with it.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by swanne

If 16 year old kids can hack their way into network systems like Target, Iranians can overtake a drone and Snowden can extract millions of classified documents, I am pretty sure people resisting can counter most of those items.

I never understood why people always bring up rocket launchers, tanks, Nukes, etc. when talking about government retaliation against a revolution.

Using such weapons in American neighborhoods would certainly kill more innocents then intended targets, and thus turn the people backing the government against them. This makes those weapons strategically useless.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

The US methodology is still pretty much WW2/Cold war so expecting 1000's of tanks rolling over Poland etc, its a shame as i doubt anyones really going to roll up their forces on some fields and send an e-mail to the whitehouse saying "lets rumble at x,y"

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

swanne
reply to post by projectvxn

And what are gonna the people do against a military with jet fighter, missiles, force fields, microwave non-lethal weapons, drones, DUMBS, aircraft carriers, worldwide bases, and nuclear bombs?

Violence doesn't solve violence - it only extends it.

And, besides, am I the only one to deduce that maybe all this pro-revolution stuff is being pushed by Russia and/or China?

Hint: Snowden and Wikileaks met in Russia and in China. Another hint: the USA and China have unfinished business.

edit on 3-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

If there were any indication of a second American Revolution coming
it may be seen best at yesterdays gun show.

The talk there was scary to say the least and the crowds were
overflowing.

Please plan ahead so you won’t get caught with your pants down
around your ankles.

Air, Water Food, Shelter, transportation, and communication needs
should be in place and ready to go before the SHTF!

If anyone thinks that civilians won’t die in the next war he or she
better read some history.

“Don’t shoot, I’m just the piano player”. Bang, Bang, Bang!

edit on 9-3-2014 by waltwillis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

swanne

stutteringp0et
reply to post by swanne

Were you attacked by the government? Did they sent you a sniper?

If you can sit back all non-violent-like while your house is invaded, your wife and children raped or killed, your property stolen - I won't admire your non-violent restraint. My family and I will pity your wife and children.

So... what does that have to do with you guys planning to kill thousands of people by throwing the USA into a revolution? The way I see it, you and your government are both bullies in this picture.

Why is it so hard for you to see the bigger picture? All of this gun confiscation nonsense will accomplish nothing except increase the violence.

I just don't see it. I live in Canada. No one has guns up here. Do you know how many murders we have in Canada vs USA? Hey, why don't you check by yourself?

www.statcan.gc.ca...

nation.time.com...

Places NOT to Go! !!

WORLD MURDER STATISTICS

From the World Health Organization

The latest Murder Statistics for the world:

Murders per 100,000 citizens per year.

Honduras… 91.6 (WOW!!)
El Salvador… 69.2
Cote d'lvoire… 56.9
Jamaica… 52.2
Venezuela… 45.1
Belize… 41.4
US Virgin Islands… 39.2
Guatemala… 38.5
Saint Kitts and Nevis… 38.2
Zambia… 38.0
Uganda… 36.3
Malawi… 36.0
Lesotho… 35.2
Trinidad and Tobago… 35.2
Colombia… 33.4
South Africa… 31.8
Congo… 30.8
Central African Republic… 29.3
Bahamas… 27.4
Puerto Rico… 26.2
Saint Lucia… 25.2
Dominican Republic… 25.0
Tanzania… 24.5
Sudan… 24.2
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines… 22.9
Ethiopia… 22.5
Guinea… 22.5
Dominica… 22.1
Burundi… 21.7
Democratic Republic of the Congo… 21.7
Panama… 21.6
Brazil… 21.0
Equatorial Guinea… 20.7
Guinea-Bissau… 20.2
Kenya… 20.1
Kyrgyzstan… 20.1
Cameroon… 19.7
Montserrat… 19.7
Greenland… 19.2
Angola… 19.0
Guyana… 18.6
Burkina Faso… 18.0
Eritrea… 17.8
Namibia… 17.2
Rwanda… 17.1
Mexico… 16.9
Chad… 15.8
Ghana… 15.7
Ecuador… 15.2
North Korea… 15.2
Benin… 15.1
Sierra Leone… 14.9
Mauritania… 14.7
Botswana… 14.5
Zimbabwe… 14.3
Gabon… 13.8
Nicaragua… 13.6
French Guiana… 13.3
Papua New Guinea… 13.0
Swaziland… 12.9
Bermuda… 12.3
Comoros… 12.2
Nigeria… 12.2
Cape Verde… 11.6
Grenada… 11.5
Paraguay… 11.5
Barbados… 11.3
Togo… 10.9
Gambia… 10.8
Peru… 10.8
Myanmar… 10.2
Russia… 10.2
Liberia… 10.1
Costa Rica… 10.0
Nauru… 9.8
Bolivia… 8.9
Mozambique… 8.8
Kazakhstan… 8.8
Senegal… 8.7
Turks and Caicos Islands… 8.7
Mongolia… 8.7
British Virgin Islands… 8.6
Cayman Islands… 8.4
Seychelles… 8.3
Madagascar… 8.1
Indonesia… 8.1
Mali… 8.0
Pakistan… 7.8
Moldova… 7.5
Kiribati… 7.3
Guadeloupe… 7.0
Haiti… 6.9
Timor-Leste… 6.9
Anguilla… 6.8
Antigua and Barbuda… 6.8
Lithuania… 6.6
Uruguay… 5.9
Philippines… 5.4
Ukraine… 5.2
Estonia… 5.2
Cuba… 5.0
Belarus… 4.9
Thailand… 4.8
Suriname… 4.6
Laos… 4.6
Georgia… 4.3
Martinique… 4.2
And ...

The United States… 4.2 !

ALL (109) of the countries above America have 100% gun bans.

It might be of interest to note that SWITZERLAND is not shown on this list because it has
NO MURDER OCCURRENCE!

However, SWITZERLAND 'S law requires that EVERYONE:
1. Own a gun.
2. Maintain Marksman qualifications regularly.

I think the message is - loud and clear - that gun bans and restrictions DO NOT WORK!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by waltwillis

The Swiss do have the odd bit of gun related violence but its not much and they have a thing where they have to attend national service/regular militia training until they are around 40 and HAVE to keep weapons so its a totally different basis for comparing gun ownership etc

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Maxatoria
reply to post by waltwillis

The Swiss do have the odd bit of gun related violence but its not much and they have a thing where they have to attend national service/regular militia training until they are around 40 and HAVE to keep weapons so its a totally different basis for comparing gun ownership etc

In the U.S. the UCR posted by the FBI in 1997 I read that minorities committed 87% of all homicides and approximately half of the murders were of their own ethnic group. So should you remove the gun or should you remove the people that commit murders.
The advent of states allowing the carrying of concealed weapons may stop many repeat offenders and save the tax payers the cost of trial and incarceration.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join