It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4K Ultra High Deff 4096x2304 Resolution Video. Beautiful future of T.V. & Online Content.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
4k - don't care. I even set my HD tv on medium setting because i get actual headaches watching those clear 'crispy ' images.

Anyway, the guy explaining it is extremely cool & smart and so good with words that i watched his other vids and subscribed. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

pheonix358
reply to post by TXRabbit

So I'm guessing you'll be trashing the PC used to make that post, seeing how it wasted so many resources in development that could have been used on so many other, more tangible things.

I do not believe your reply is very sensible. It suggests black and white arguments. Arguments at the extremes just to make a point.

No, we can keep our laptops and all the other nice things we have worked hard to acquire.

We have the technology to make light globes, toasters, fry-pans and computers that have a very long expected lifetime instead of building with planned obsolescence. So much is wasted just so big corporations can continue to make a buck off our slave backs.

If we were not wasting so much, just think what we could do to help in this world. But yea, OK, argue at the extremes if you must!

P

edit on 3/3/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

The thing about it is, I don't think it is necessarily PLANNED obsolescence. Technology evolves at such a fast pace things become obsolete on their own very quickly.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Holographicmeat

The thing about it is, I don't think it is necessarily PLANNED obsolescence. Technology evolves at such a fast pace things become obsolete on their own very quickly.

It is planned! Along with all the tricks of the trade. Processors deliberately downgraded to make another lower model. Operating systems that are different but not better than the last so you have to learn it all again. Parts that are so damn expensive you 'may as well buy a new one"

"Sorry, parts are no longer available for your laptop, it is 4 years old after all!"

Naga mice that always fail at the same point and can't be repaired and no parts are made, "You must be a heavy gamer sir!"

Believe me, it is all planned!

Consider that the original light bulb, the first one, is over one hundred years old. It still works. Consider that and work your way forward.

P

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I looking forward for 4K. Last month I change my monitor from LCD 900 to LED 1080, its was a great upgrade.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
For My favorite ultra hidef joke of the year so far

See my sig

Worth every penny if I could get one into my van
edit on am320143112America/ChicagoSun, 09 Mar 2014 00:31:06 -0600_3000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Believe me, it is all planned!

I have a buddy who always tells this story about how they've had all this stuff for a long time.

They've just been slowly spoon feeding it to the masses. I can dig it.

I know for sure appliances are now made with built in obsolescence, but I believe televisions and home theatre technologies are still somewhat built to last.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join