It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you believe that UFO's visit us from other worlds?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
At what point was it clear to you that

� We are not alone in the universe
� Someone is visiting us from other worlds in space-crafts

Please list what photo, video, book, movie, encounter etc. did it for you.

Different people have different lines in the sand, that was crossed into a cosmic universe view. This thread is a celebration to our cosmic reality, and an opportunity for those still in doubt to get a reference list for future research for free...

Let the list begin:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
www.abidemiracles.com...

People have taken photos of their dead bodies.

However, I have never seen a LIVE alien, although the rumors going around indicate they live underground in Australia and Antarctica.

But that's all hush hush because the Gummint thinks we're dumb as animals; so they treat us like animals, talk over us and do things behind our backs that are illegal according to our Constitution.

Reptiles they are, in human bodies--predators.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
While I do believe in UFOs, after all it just means Unidentified Flying Object and its is almost impossible for us to be alone in the universe its still a leap of faith to say that UFOs are aliens. A UFO is by definition Unidentified, and there is no proof they are piloted by ANYONE much less aliens.

But as for my own opinion I thank we have been visited a few times but it is just a guess on my part.

What I don't believe is that the alien shape shifting Reptiles secretly control every aspect of our lives and dine on our children

If anything I would imagine we would scare the crap out of any civilized race and they might keep an eye on us just to be on the safe side.

It would be like us finding a race of Baboons with nuclear bombs

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
... that gave you any feelings about it?

... Do you ONLY OPERATE from the thoughts that happen to be rattling around in your own head--never mind, information, data or facts?

... I put up some photos from 1947 and 1998. How did they strike you?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
My first inkling was my one and only sighting...while in the 4th grade in Alaska. At the time though, I thought they (about a dozen craft) were military....especially as later on we saw a saucer shaped craft in one of the Coast Guard base hangars (the base was right up the hill from the Elementary School for us CG brats...). Turns out the craft in the hangar was an SR71 blackbird, seen head on (as I'd later learn)...so that was that, despite the other weirdness of the sighting (adults in sleep paralysis while us kids stood mesmerized at the sight, the colored lights, saucer shapes, light beams shooting down into the woods, etc.)

Later I saw the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind. (not in theatres) It was VERY similar to the sighting I had, and that's what really ignited my interest in the subject. I spent hours in the library, did every school paper I could on UFOs, and saw every movie I could on it, no matter how hokey... I also learned in this research that what I saw wasn't in the realm of our capability. I had grown up around helicopters, planes, etc. and eventually my father went to work for Lockheed. No matter how advanced the stuff we had seemed, it didn't live up to that sighting.

I've been hooked ever since. For me, I like to focus on connecting dots. Finding one source saying one thing, and then another source saying the same thing, and another, and so on, especially if the sources are unrelated in nature... Government documents (alleged and already proven legit) are a mainstay, as are expert witness testimonials (i.e. people used to looking and knowing what's in the sky).

The Holy Grail for me was Roswell. I actually did a report on it in school before it came full force back into public view... Some researchers had just started to revisit it, and I learned of it then... The case was (and is) amazing. Dozens of witnesses, corraborating stories, military officers admitting it, documentation, and the icing on the cake, the newspaper headline of the US capturing a flying disc!!!

I think that Stan Friedman and others have done a remarkable job in tracing the events of the instigation of the US coverup of the phenomenon....from the crash recovery, to the formation of the working group, the revamping of the entire defense department almost overnight, and locking down the Roswell story for so, so long... But I take comfort in the inklings that there is evidence that there have been times that this group has been looking to come forward, and that eventually, we will be told the truth, and we'll see how close, and how far off, our educated guesses have been.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg

... Do you ONLY OPERATE from the thoughts that happen to be rattling around in your own head--never mind, information, data or facts?

I don't make up my mind because of what I saw on the web that day. What are facts to you? A picture you saw on the web? A story from a friend of a friend? I am just a bit more skeptical than that.

I have to agree with Gazrok that I believe there was more to Roswell than they are saying but even there its a HUGE leap from a crashed UFO and shapeshifting Reptiles that control every part of our life.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I've seen some weird lit up objects in the sky several times during my lifetime. They zoom around really fast and zoom back up and can just look like an ordinary star. It's amazing what you can see if you watch the nightsky regularly. The objects I saw were blue and green.
My dad said he used to see them when he was a kid back in the 50's.
I don't think that I've been abducted and I've never seen a alien in person though.
And though I've seen U.F.O.s I'm kinda reserveing some of my opinions until further proof is found about what they truly are.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
everyone has seen a UFO hence the the name Unidentefied Flying Object I have seen stuff flyin in the sky and I wasnt sure what it was. I think almost everyone has seen somthin in the sky and questioned it, so then it would be a UFO.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
How do we know they have been here?

When was it that i had an inkling we weren't alone? Hmm... 8 years old. I woke up to a very cold bony hand gripping my ankle and pulling me downwards very slowly. I screamed and sat up and saw the scariest thing I'd ever seen, then and now. To me, he/she looked more silver. Small, however all I saw was a head and hand. large amber eyes, no mouth. The hand was long and I just saw one finger looped over my ankle. I only caught seriously a second glimpse of it before I screamed bloody murder. My mom came in and flipped on the light seconds later, her room was right next to mine, and it was gone. She told me I must have had a bad dream. My mom was a born again Christian and immediately after this instance she began playing tapes of bible chapters in my room when i was at school. ::::::::eyeroll:::::::: And who knows, honestly I can say I'm 80% what I saw WASN'T a dream, however this was 19 years ago, so who can say for sure? After that learning about Roswell, and even silly movies like Close Encounter of a Third Kind, E.T., Contact, made me more curious. So yes I would say that they do visit, what they would have done with me, I would have liked to know. By the way I'm sorta new. Been lurking for months now... decided to start posting. ::::::Waves::::::::

Diana

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I know their here, for I have seen many... Starting when I was about 8 yrs old, my friend and I were walking home around 8p.m. one summer night, When he asked if I believe everything your eyes see, I said, I guess so, then look at that and tell me what you see above that house... I looked, This thing was huge and was just above the house he pointed out, and no more then 10 feet above the roof just hovering and no sound at all... we kept walking and once we got between a big oak tree and then the other side it was gone.
The next time came when I was about 10 yrs old, I was in bed looking out the window staring at the stars, when out of the south came what appeared to be at the time a star that moved very fast and then stopped, and then came anouther out of the north, and again two more that came from above, they all stopped and remain there for about 10 minutes... at this point they appeared to be stars in the sky, until they all left the same way they came but faster then before in a flash they were gone.
The next time was while I was in Basic Training in Kentucky, (1973)we were at a night time firing range in order to practice shooting targets with Tracer Bullets, we were into it for about 45 minutes, when up from the moutains came a huge redish/orange object, the whole range stopped firing.. it went silent until the Range officer yelled out to keep firing and don't stop until I give the order, no one would shoot. Then as if it was watching us, it started to decend back into the valley very slowly, after it was out of site, everyone starting shooting again. After we were done, and starting marching back to Base, there was wispers amoung us as to making the commit of WTFWT!!!!
They other time was in 1979, it was arounf 2a.m. when all of the dogs in the area were barking and howling non stop, I got up after about 15 minutes of this and looked out the picture window and seen again a redish/orange object just above trees moving very slowly heading west with a beam of light towards the ground... I went back into the bedroom and got my wife up and said you got to see this... she got up and look out the window, at this time it was just about 1/4 mile from our house and still moving slowly... her next words were what is it? I said A UFO what esle.
Two weeks ago while we were in the hot tub around 10 p.m., I was talking to the wife when I notice behide and above her a lighted object moving across the sky at a very high rate of speed, and then it was gone.
So I go back to the question that was ask of me... Do you believe everything your eyes see?
We are not alone,

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I'm afraid my answer to this question is quite boring, but nonetheless it is my answer:

For me it is just about probability and numbers (BIG numbers). The sheer vastness of the universe, and the fact that we have stars of various ages means that there has to be other life out there.

I have heard it said that there are more galaxies in the universe than there are grains of sand on the whole of planet earth. Now theres a lot of grains of sand in a hand-full, even more in a bucket-full, and yet more on a beach, but I can`t even imagine how many grains of sand there are on the whole planet!

And remember that we are talking about galaxies here, not planets. So if there are say 1000 planets in a galaxy, then thats a lot of planets - right?

I believe it would be very arrogant if we were to think that we were alone in the universe. The probability is too great that E.T. (s) exist.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Don't be afraid, and your not boring, to your reply with great insight!!

TheObserver

posted on 24-11-2004 at 02:04 AM
I'm afraid my answer to this question is quite boring, but nonetheless it is my answer:

For me it is just about probability and numbers (BIG numbers). The sheer vastness of the universe, and the fact that we have stars of various ages means that there has to be other life out there.

I have heard it said that there are more galaxies in the universe than there are grains of sand on the whole of planet earth. Now theres a lot of grains of sand in a hand-full, even more in a bucket-full, and yet more on a beach, but I can`t even imagine how many grains of sand there are on the whole planet!

And remember that we are talking about galaxies here, not planets. So if there are say 1000 planets in a galaxy, then thats a lot of planets - right?

I believe it would be very arrogant if we were to think that we were alone in the universe. The probability is too great that E.T. (s) exist

Observer, I have given the same thought to all of this. Its amazing of the very aspect of thinking outside of what we have in this universe... starting what is called Earth. I can't help but to think that all there is beyond our Galaxies there is not more. At the same time, I could understand why there is need to protect what... in my opinion, the best planet to exist on. I like to think their intents here are to make us aware of this. Meanwhile, while our efforts are to destroy what we have... Beam me up, I like to help their efforts!

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
hm i will try to give a small overview about the things that made me "hooked" to this subject. there were some encounters that made me think a lot. for me the best example, in the last 20 years, are the belgian ufo sightings. i was on a short trip in belgium during these events, and i can still remember the enthusiasm in the population, because these sightings were not made by a few people in the fields, but by several thousands of citizens and a lot of military or police personel. unfortunatly we were always to late to witness the crafts with our own eyes. another good thing in the belgian sightings was the cooperation between civilian researchers and the military. of course i know that a lot of people believe that most flying triangles are man made (the alleged tr3b or what they call it..) but i doubt it for very easy and logic reasons.
i really can't imagine that a top-secret highly advanced flying object is testet over little belgium. for what reason should any gouvernment or who ever do this, risk a loss of one of these crafts over the populated sides of belgium? that makes absolutly no sense for me, especially if you think about the areas where these objects where seen, and the way they moved ( populated areas, no attempt to hide anything, it was like a good show to every witness). btw. i found a nice paper on the virtuallystrange page, comparing different theories about the flying triangles, and their propulsion systems, the parts i have already read where definitly worth the time

get it here:

tprints.ecs.soton.ac.uk...

ok enough of the triangles..other interesting sightings where, in my opinion, the "classic" ones, ufo waves over several countries in the 1950-1960 times, and the reaction or better said, the official statements. officialy ufo's where more or less all stupid hoaxes, birds, temperature inversions (the washington dc wave) etc. , but we know today that internally the whole matter was considered of extreme importance, look it up in the smith memo (should be found on majesticdocuments.com ). this paper says clearly, that ufo's exist, and are researched by scientist in the united states. althoug it gives almost no details, this statement is worth a lot if you consider that its a real paper, not a "we dont know if it's real mj12 paper". and if you think about the political situation in these days, its absolutly understandable why the whole ufo subject was given a higher security status than for example the hydrogen bombs ( again smith memo ). just imagine, the begin of the cold war and nuclear armament on both sides, you are (hypothetical) responsible for the security of the united states airspace. would you ignore hundrets of violations of your airspace by unkown, absolutly superior crafts? no of course not because it's your job to investigate this stuff.
and there are other official studies, like the french cometa report, which comes to one basic conlusion. there are lots of sightings, most can be explained, but there remains a small percentage which is absolutly unexplainable with conventional aproaches.

but in the end what makes me believe or think that these were possible extra-terristial crafts..? logical speculation

i simple can't imagine that all these crafts, that were seen, photographed etc. in the last say 75 years are all man made crafts. back at school we learned in biology courses, that the basic substances (missing the right word here..you know what i mean ) that are necessary for the begin of primitive life, can form "on it's own" if the circumstances and "ingedients" are choosen like they were on the early earth. just a bit energy and whops we have the basic "founding stones" of life. together with the size of our known universe, the number of stars and the recently found extra solar planets make it very hard for me to believe, that the only planet that is suitable for life in a more complex form is mother earth. that would be a very arrogant asumption in my opinion, and all these "arrogant" or human/earth-centered worldviews have been proven wrong in our history.
of course i can't say: these are definitly alien crafts, unless we have a hard, undicussable scientific proof, but...hell where do they come from?

puhh finished..and sry for my bad english...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I have always believed that other intelligent life forms exist in an eternal amount across eternal amount of universes.
When I was little my father always told me about Flying saucers ETs I was always excited about it. I really don’t remember I never believed in ETs so I don’t know what kicked me in believing this.

nice thread

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Sorry Emily, the only thing under the ground here in Australia, is wombats and bilbies !

I too beleive the universe is filled with life. It would be silly, ignorant and arrogant to beleive otherwise , as a previous poster says, the universe is vast indeed!
I also beleive it quite possible that other life has visited our world in times past, though I beleive from other dimensions, rather than other worlds.
Did anyone ever consider the vastness the universe and the sheer distance between "habitable" worlds near suns, might be for a reason !
You dont keep a snake and a rat in the same cage!!
Even the distance across the oceans is not enuff to prevent us killing one another or prevent transmission of disease and we are all the same species! We hate each other because we cannot overcome small differences in our own appearence and beleifs, how much more so then, will we fear and hate a whole other lifeform? Our record is notgood, look how we treat other life forms right here on earth!!
If there were unknown Terrans living underthe sea or in the earth, they are there for same reason imo, We cant get there!
I dont beleive the world is secretly run by reptilians for example, this is the fertile imaginations of those who desperatly want to beleive any exciting nonsense, to liven up their dull lives! Our imagination can be a curse, and bordom sux!
I think the same applies to abductees, no matter how strongly they beleiveit! The human mind is a greater mystery than any "Conspiracy web page" can come up with, and we may never fully understand its power.
Dont get me wrong, I think such an awesome world changing event a a real visit from other Entities would be incredible and MAY, just wake us up!
It would certainly be exciting for us anyway. Sadly I think it would be much more likely to be a huge cultureshock for both parties ending on a negative note, rather than with an "E.T." like story.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
... may I call attention to this article--

www.exopolitics.org...

... that documents the FACT our nation has been negotiating and dealing with Alien intelligences for the past fifty years, in secret.

... That's the whole bug-a-boo. The Majestic12 POLICY STATEMENT by the Pentagon made it perfectly legal and "moral" for the USCoverment to cover up all negotiations and all activities due to alleged "National Security issues."

... They have been lying to us--methodically, deliberately and preponderantly--for SO LONG, they have forgotten how to identify what is true, how to say what is true, and what kind of response to expect from what is true.

... The conspiracies aren't just REAL; they are encased in Law and protected from exposure.

... Horrifying, that we the voters have absolutely NO SAY in what our the USCoverment is actually doing, nor do we have any way to affect the outcome that these predatory Federal agents, bureaucrats and administrators are creating over our heads.

... Fie on them all. Our Coverment has betrayed the whole human race by perfidy and deceit.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
what made me believe all that UFO's visit us from other worlds?!?!
all those blurry pictures
all those radar signatures that show nothing except an unidentified flying object
all those claims of people seeing weird lights
and last but not least the videos of lights that are behind trees and clouds and a black speck in the sky just shooting across the screen really fast
I guess all those made me believe *with a sarcastic smirk*

[edit on 24-11-2004 by kisorrell]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The Air Force's Project Blue Beam can falsify and produce all those effects at will.

So, lights in the sky is not proof of any CONTACT with intelligent PERSONS.

The proof is in the evidence that we actually dealt with INDIVIDUALS. Here is a FILMSTRIP of a living, breathing person--not just another dead body.

Dr. Michael Salla is making it his business to research and report on EXOPOLITICS because he feels that we have been deprived of this information for too too long. And I agree with him. The whole topic of interplanetary and galactic relationships needs to come out in the open.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
project blue beam? sry but do you have only one little piece of evidence that supports this? i can only find the typical nwo style conspiracy stuff about this, wich anyone can type with a bit of fantasy.

but of course, a coverup of the et/ufo topic is possible or even probable, just take a look at the disclosure-project. it's really amazing that someone is able to find that much people who are willing to risk their jobs & future to cover up the et stuff. if only one of these witnesses tells the truth a lot of worldviews will instantly collapse..but we still need a simple "yes it's true" from the government to end this discussion. unless we have anything, from an acknoledgment of an official side, or a hard scientific proof there will be no definite answer.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by Hannah]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
it's true
because we have to believe what everyone says and not the hard cold facts and evidence.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join