It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine, is this prophecy being fulfilled?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I watch like the rest of the world as the Eastern giant steps heavily onto the world stage, not in a way that we have seen before for quite some time...seemingly.
So does it mean much to Christians, is there any possibility this will lead to some prophecy fulfilment.

How could this play out in a biblical timeline.

We as Christians believe (well I do and could be wrong) that the antichrist will rise as a global leader ushering in the promise of world peace.
Could this be the stage that he starts his global reign from?

Could this situation play out? Russia shakes its sabre and the West face off. The situation erupts into a serious local conflict between the East and West, many lives are lost the potential for escalation into neighbouring countries is imminent. Suddenly a great man of peace? Steps in and mediates between the two partys, not just mediating but thrashes out an agreement that benefits everyone and ends an imminent WW3.

High drama and fantasy aside, seems like there is just so much going on in the world at the moment. Chinas rise to power, US decline, Maitreya, Mahdi, antichristian growth, weather patterns, UFO stuff, US gun control, volcanic and quake activity, financial crisis... just read these forums, is this a crescendo leading somewhere?

Yes thank you non believers, I know you think all this is bunk and myth, but some have been watching the signs and see a more than just coincidences.

Am I the only one?

Edit
NO!

This is not a prophecy, just a question to other Christians

I am not asking anyone to believe anything, just making a comment on how I see this issue POSSIBLY playing out
edit on 2-3-2014 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

No your not the only one

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

borntowatch
I watch like the rest of the world as the Eastern giant steps heavily onto the world stage, not in a way that we have seen before for quite some time...seemingly.
So does it mean much to Christians, is there any possibility this will lead to some prophecy fulfilment.

We as Christians believe (well I do and could be wrong) that the antichrist will rise as a global leader ushering in the promise of world peace.

Could this situation play out? Russia shakes its sabre and the West face off. The situation erupts into a serious local conflict between the East and West, many lives are lost the potential for escalation into neighbouring countries is imminent. Suddenly a great man of peace? Steps in and mediates between the two partys, not just mediating but thrashes out an agreement that benefits everyone and ends an imminent WW3.

High drama and fantasy aside, seems like there is just so much going on in the world at the moment. Chinas rise to power, US decline, Maitreya, Mahdi, antichristian growth, weather patterns, UFO stuff, US gun control, volcanic and quake activity, financial crisis... just read these forums, is this a crescendo leading somewhere?

Yes thank you non believers, I know you think all this is bunk and myth, but some have been watching the signs and see a more than just coincidences.

Am I the only one?

I believe you are looking into things too much, your streching to make random puzzle peices fit together.

Let me remind you that in the last 14 years we lived through 3 different apocalypses; Y2K, December 21st 2012 and of course Ragnarok not even 2 weeks ago...

Those were a mix of new age apocalypse and ancient apocalypse theories and non of them came true...

So how do you expect people to believe this when pretty much every prophecy never comes true?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
sure it does. Now specifically whats happening in Russia is not the Gog and Magog invasion of Israel but some can see how the greed of Russia falls into the end time prophecy.

Ezekiel 38 that time evil thoughts will come to your mind, and you will devise a wicked scheme. 11You will say, ‘Israel is an unprotected land filled with unwalled villages! I will march against her and destroy these people who live in such confidence! 12I will go to those formerly desolate cities that are now filled with people who have returned from exile in many nations. I will capture vast amounts of plunder, for the people are rich with livestock and other possessions now. They think the whole world revolves around them!’

As we see here the greed of Russia is what causes them to come down and attack Israel. What I believe we are seeing is part of the characteristic of the greed of Russia to take advantage of another country. Next thought which I believe is a direct prophecy fulfillment of end times is what Jesus says in Matthew 24:6 And you will hear of wars and threats of wars, but don’t panic. Yes, these things must take place, but the end won’t follow immediately. 7 Nation will go to war against nation,and kingdom against kingdom.. There will be famines and earthquakes in many parts of the world. 8 But all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well, I clearly don't believe that the revelations is a prophecy.

It's either a story or an historical documentation that's been badly translated which has been used as a tool of power and oppression for hundreds of years.

You are all being played in doing nothing at all to stop tyranny because good ole God will come back and save us all...yeah right. In my opinion, Christians that wouldn't do anything to stop the crumbling of civilization don't deserve any place in heaven.

Don't be part of the problem, fight against it. It's all a big joke and believers in the revelations are the punch line.
edit on 2-3-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Dont get me wrong I am not trying to attack you or your religion, I am merely curious because we have lived through end times that some people considered to be the end of the world. I just find it is harder and harder to put any faith in prophecies as most of them are so vague that anything could really be tied into them.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Keeper of Kheb
sure it does. Now specifically whats happening in Russia is not the Gog and Magog invasion of Israel but some can see how the greed of Russia falls into the end time prophecy.

Ezekiel 38 that time evil thoughts will come to your mind, and you will devise a wicked scheme. 11You will say, ‘Israel is an unprotected land filled with unwalled villages! I will march against her and destroy these people who live in such confidence! 12I will go to those formerly desolate cities that are now filled with people who have returned from exile in many nations. I will capture vast amounts of plunder, for the people are rich with livestock and other possessions now. They think the whole world revolves around them!’

As we see here the greed of Russia is what causes them to come down and attack Israel. What I believe we are seeing is part of the characteristic of the greed of Russia to take advantage of another country. Next thought which I believe is a direct prophecy fulfillment of end times is what Jesus says in Matthew 24:6 And you will hear of wars and threats of wars, but don’t panic. Yes, these things must take place, but the end won’t follow immediately. 7 Nation will go to war against nation,and kingdom against kingdom.. There will be famines and earthquakes in many parts of the world. 8 But all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come.

Wait how does a war between Russia and Ukraine turn into a war between Russia and Isreal?
That makes no sense..

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

snypwsd

I believe you are looking into things too much, your streching to make random puzzle peices fit together.

Let me remind you that in the last 14 years we lived through 3 different apocalypses; Y2K, December 21st 2012 and of course Ragnarok not even 2 weeks ago...

Those were a mix of new age apocalypse and ancient apocalypse theories and non of them came true...

So how do you expect people to believe this when pretty much every prophecy never comes true?

Uhhhm NO!

I am not asking anyone to believe anything, just making a comment on how I see this issue POSSIBLY playing out

Chamberlain said Hitler was never going to start a war

Bring on the solar flares

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Keeper of Kheb

I wonder how many times those phrases were preached before world war 1, world war 2 and every other war which had christians fighting in it.

Those words could have been said at the beginning of ww1/ww2 and they would have been relevant to germany at the time.

Just food for thought.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

In my opinion, Christians that wouldn't do anything to stop the crumbling of civilization don't deserve any place in heaven.

I prefer to think of it more along the lines of culture, not religion. You could say it like this.

In my opinion, the West that wouldn't do anything to stop the crumbling of civilization don't deserve any place in world affairs.

The real question though is who is doing the saving and who is doing the destruction?, especially when you can see both sides doing both.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Shouldn't Christians (and everyone for that matter) be looking forward to someone who suggests peace and makes a peace treaty?

Matthew 5
9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

Then again if I were someone who wanted conflict and war to continue I'd also get the masses to reject a peace treaty by putting together a "holy book" with prophecies too.

People have been believing Jesus will come back soon for 2,000 years now, he has yet to come back. War has continued and peace has yet to see the light of day, maybe because the bible says to reject it in the hope of fulfilled prophecy? I think so.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
According to the Timeline of Daniel, we are in the exact middle, if not just a little past, the 7 year reign. This is the persecution of Christians, which has been all but glaringly evident. If you believe in the deciphering of the Timeline of Daniel theory, the end and Christs' return is less than 3 years away.

Never, in our history, have the trumps and feasts fit the calendar as outlined in the theory. Never have all the pieces of the puzzle all fit so well together. And, never in any other time in our life could two witnesses prophecying be seen by the whole world. (Internet and broadcast) The same could be said for the return of Christ, aside from a divine intervention and means.

www.danielstimeline.com...

www.youtube.com...

The video is almost 2 hours long, but well worth the watch, and study. A lot of questions and truths can be found here, especially how we have been lied to and misled by the Church dor many years about things like the rapture, and the phrase, "no man knoweth the time nor the day". All of these things will come clear, using ONLY the scripture, and the days and dates given to us in the Bible.

Accordingly, the Tribulation has already begun. Many people have a misperption of what the tribulation and God's Wrath are meant to be, and the scriptures do define them both. We have just been lied to.

Tribulation is simply, a time of great difficulty and stress, and persecution of Christians. The Bible never says Christians will be spared the tribulation by rapture. That is a Big Lie.

By the fable of the wheat and tares, we are shown the lie, that Christ was speaking not of the good being taken from the fields while working, instead, it was the bad that were plucked, one by one, like weeds among the wheat.

If you are truly curious, and want some answers, watch the video. It's fascinating, a bit complicated, but well worth it.

edit on 2-3-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Libertygal
According to the Timeline of Daniel, we are in the exact middle, if not just a little past, the 7 year reign. This is the persecution of Christians, which has been all but glaringly evident. If you believe in the deciphering of the Timeline of Daniel theory, the end and Christs' return is less than 3 years away.

Never, in our history, have the trumps and feasts fit the calendar as outlined in the theory. Never have all the pieces of the puzzle all fit so well together. And, never in any other time in our life could two witnesses prophecying be seen by the whole world. (Internet and broadcast) The same could be said for the return of Christ, aside from a divine intervention and means.

www.danielstimeline.com...

www.youtube.com...

The video is almost 2 hours long, but well worth the watch, and study. A lot of questions and truths can be found here, especially how we have been lied to and misled by the Church dor many years about things like the rapture, and the phrase, "no man knoweth the time nor the day". All of these things will come clear, using ONLY the scripture, and the days and dates given to us in the Bible.

Accordingly, the Tribulation has already begun. Many people have a misperption of what the tribulation and God's Wrath are meant to be, and the scriptures do define them both. We have just been lied to.

Tribulation is simply, a time of great difficulty and stress, and persecution of Christians. The Bible never says Christians will be spared the tribulation by rapture. That is a Big Lie.

By the fable of the wheat and tares, we are shown the lie, that Christ was speaking not of the good being taken from the fields while working, instead, it was the bad that were plucked, one by one, like weeds among the wheat.

If you are truly curious, and want some answers, watch the video. It's fascinating, a bit complicated, but well worth it.

Seriously thats pretty cool and I will check out the video.

But every one must remember that it is not just christians that are going throught tribulation, every religious person of any kind and the Atheists and Agnostics are all going through tribulation at the same time. Even some (notice I did not say All) Christians are the ones doing the prosecuting of other beliefs.

Im not saying your wrong, but you must look at it from every angle.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Wars Were a Diversion and Income for the Black Ops Space Program at NSA

The wars were all created as a diversion. Running guns, drug smuggling and war profits all had only one goal and that was to run the Secret Space Program. We have Border Facilities like Fort Bliss in El Paso Texas used for Black Ops in Mexico. We placed our deep Secret Space Facilities in Tunneled Underground Labs near Indian Reservations in New Mexico and Arizona so no United States Citizen could see the Black Ops trainings without effort. The National Security Agency (NSA) has been running a Secret Space Program since its inception. They have technologies which far exceed anything NASA has. President Obama closed down the Space Shuttle Program because the NSA Craft are 4th/5th Generation beyond the Space Shuttle. When we sign the Petitions we demand President Obama, the Intelligence Complexes and Military inform us of what has been hidden. They are not trying to debunk ET, they are afraid of worldwide anger at being deceived and a following dissolution of all governments as citizens learn more about all the deceptions which have been kept hidden under a cover story.

The CIA was originally set up by executive order under President Truman in 1947 and NSA grew out of that. Since then the CIA has been running the United States Military and Black Ops Budget running the Secret Space Program. Anyplace the United States had a need for Military Intervention, the CIA is there with Black Ops running the Military. It would be impossible to audit the United States Military simply because the Black Ops Budgets have never been written down. The Majestic Documents can be downloaded and printed online. The Freedom of Information Act declassified several documents which UFO Experts have been researching and posting online for years. This is not a conspiracy or a theory.

NSA Landed on the Moon in 1961, NASA 1969

Mr. Chertok was an electrician at 17, and by 1930 was working in an aircraft factory. He graduated from the Moscow Energy Institute in 1940. After World War II, he was a member of a team of experts sent to Germany to mine records of the German rocketry program. Another member of that team was Mr. Korolev. They brought back the blueprints of the German V-2, which became the basis for the Soviet missile and space programs. Mr. Chertok’s systems guided the rocket that bore Sputnik 1, the first artificial satellite to orbit Earth, into space on Oct. 4, 1957; and, on April 12, 1961, the rocket that took the first man into space, Yuri Gagarin. (Less than a month later, Alan B. Shepard Jr. became the first American in space.) When JFK made the call for a manned space flight, he knew that the United States NSA had already landed on the Moon in 1961. During World War II there were no real enemies. Everything was fabricated to fund the Soviet Union, Germany and the United States to go into Space.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

Thank you, I think you will enjoy it.

Do not confuse those that call themselves Christians with those who live their lives as Christians.

Other than that, yes, everyone will live through the tribulation. Everyone must go through it.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think it is, and I think you aren't the only one.

I'm no prophet, and I don't have any kind of special knowledge. I do know that I've been pulled to the End ever since I can remember without being taught it. It's always been there in my mind, and I don't know why. I assume maybe because I've being told something.

At any rate, I live my life and watch and wait. If it happens, it happens. The best I can do is look to the signs which are all over now, and try to prepare me and mine as best I can.

I do know this idea that Christians won't fight is a load of crap. I intend to fight while I'm here right up until the end. I may not fear death itself, but that doesn't mean I want just any method of dying. I'd really prefer to die old in my bed, and I'll fight for that if I have to.

I also know I've had a feeling about Putin. I don't know why or what it means, but it's not like any feeling I've ever had about anyone else before. Don't assume that means I think he's the Beast or something because I don't; like I said, I don't know what it means. God doesn't tell me things, or at least doesn't tell me things in ways I interpret as Him speaking to me. But I've never had that feeling before so I just assume it means something.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

borntowatch

Am I the only one?

Edit
NO!

edit on 2-3-2014 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

I understand that YOU yourself are not making a prophecy, that is clear, no one denies it. But your are talking about a prophecy and trying to relate it to Russia and Ukraine, are you not? So why start a thread about a prophecy but then denie that it is a prophecy? Thats what I dont understand.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Hey there Born to Watch - I'm in there with you.

Those who believe the Bible is the inspired word of God and are end time believers can see the pre-history, the times of Jesus and see how the prophecies came about - not as man intended but as God intended.

Revelations is the future and we can see events lining up right now - signs in the heavens (blood moons, tetrads, etc - this is not astrology but it is astronomy. God instructed us to look to the heavens, watch for other signs. We must be watching all the time so we are not caught unawares. We must keep our eye on Israel, she is the timepiece. And remember God's people, the Jews, didn't see what was happening under their own noses so you will have the same Jews and those are non believers that will scoff, etc.

One must have some concept, even if slight, of Jewish beliefs and laws in order to understand the signs. And also remember Paul witnessed what was to happen in his simple mind (non technology, non modern timeframe). We can guess, we can try to figure out who the antichrist is, etc, etc but I believe we won't know unless we keep the Holy Spirit active in our hearts and lives - and constantly pray for awareness and not to be deceived.

We Christians who believe in the end times do not wish for mass destruction of people or this world. We pray for all to be saved and that they come to know Christ. But at the same time our hearts and souls long to be with our maker, our Saviour. It is the spirit calling to be one with Him again - and that is the reason we long for Jesus to return. And we believers believe that Heaven will be beyond our understanding of pure joy, love, peace. God has created much for us to enjoy that we have no concept of. Compare this world with that - and yes we want Jesus to return. The end will happen at the same time and it is inevitable - but we place all faith in Him.

We must pray brothers and sisters for all humankind on this earth. Pray for Israel (never mind that we may not agree or understand) and we must be viligant at all times. We are spiritual beings caught in the flesh.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I see, you are asking a good and legitimate question, and that is how this event would play out in the most official view of end-time prophecy. I don't think that requires being a Christian to be interested in. I am interested. In fact, I wish I knew more of the details and I was thinking of researching it a few days ago.

Off the top of my head, I have heard of these things:

*An army from the East (Russia or China) will eventually invade Israel and the Middle-Eastern areas

*The capitol of Syria, Damascus, will fall and be destroyed at some point

*The part about the peace treaty and the rebuilding of the Jewish temple, something to do with the Dome of the Rock

*7 years of Tribulation, with the halfway point being marked by the breaking of the treaty

*Someone possibly rising as a Muslim leader

Those are the pieces I remember from various sources, but they are good starting points.

edit on 02pmSun, 02 Mar 2014 15:01:57 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 02pmSun, 02 Mar 2014 15:02:17 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Finally it appears that a line in the sand is being drawn. The Globalists who would enslave the whole world are pushing/squeezing the Eastern nations into a corner. WW3 may or may not occur.
What is certain is that there will be untold suffering a collapse of the $US Reserve currency, stock market crash, perhaps a nuke or 2 go off.

The rebuilding of society can go either of 2 ways
1) continue the fiat/Rothschilds slavery that has existed for the last 200 years
OR
2) allow the peaceful majority society to dictate how they want their future to evolve

No Religion, no Bankers

Ah....what a wonderful world

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join