It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Alien March Madness: Is There Life in Space?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
An Alien March Madness: Is There Life in Space?

It’s not an invasion from space, but it is an invasion about space.

A batch of programs related to the heavens and what might or might not be lurking in them are coming in March, and the Science Channel gets things started on Sunday with a week of offerings on the theme “Are We Alone”? The answer, of course, is, “We have no idea,” but in exploring the question the Science programs at least prove one thing: No camera angle is too odd when the subject is extraterrestrials.

Take, for instance, the presentations in “Close Encounters,” an embarrassing series being introduced with episodes on Tuesday and Friday. Using hokey re-enactments and a smattering of commentary by supposed experts, it dusts off old U.F.O. sightings — by a farm family in Kansas in 1971, police officers in Illinois in 2000, and more — that it says still defy explanation.

All will be familiar to the U.F.O. crowd, and the program adds no new information or credibility to them, especially since the re-enactments have a silly 1930s look regardless of when the sightings occurred. And the “experts” — authors, self-described U.F.O. investigators — are shot in heavy shadow reminiscent of found-footage horror movies in which someone shines a flashlight on his own face in a dark room.

I want to believe...

Get ready for a month of both crappy horribly done shows on UFO encounters and Serious Documentaries telling us it can all be explained. I read this earlier with my morning cup of coffee. It seems that March will be 'Is there life out there' month. With the lineup described we won't of course have any hard hitting new evidence but a rehash of many well known cases and questions. We should however see some newer serious takes on some cases being presented in a much more serious manner.

For me many if not most shows about UFOs are horribly done with too much music and flashy angles. Hollywood outside of Sci-Fi TV or theater releases should stay out of the mixture as far as production and presentation of such cases. Too many quick cuts and bad angles while interviewing someone related to the story. I think they do that on purpose to slightly discredit the topic.

Serious investigations with as much transparency as possible would be preferred for those of us who are as open minded as the next. I'm open minded but would like to see the evidence presented in an objective manner and not skewed as is the case more often than not in one direction or the other. While we are on the subject of sightings, UFOs and possible visits by ETs. The freedom of information act was in my opinion a great step in the right direction but here again we see some rather bizarre and frustrating aspects.

The Government's official stance is that there are no Aliens visiting us and that most if not all sightings can be explained away. Fine, Then if what people saw the night of whenever, whenever, was simply swamp gas/weather balloons/Venus etc etc then why is it when the documents related to such and such 'explainable event' secured under the freedom of information act arrives with anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 or more of it blacked out for 'National Security' reasons if the sighting could easily be explained away and had nothing to do with any secret military aircraft/installation?

Why don't they do a hard hitting expose' asking those kinds of questions? I've seen many TV shows, Documentaries and yes Movies on or related to the field not to mention countless books on the subject but none in my opinion ask the serious hard hitting questions. All too often they'll take a tongue in cheek approach which is getting pretty damned old.

Now, having said all of that. Are we just going to see yet another discredit attempt, a fresher review of the suspected evidence or are we possibly being geared up for some sort of disclosure? I ask this because we are on MARS looking for either Life or evidence of Ancient Life, We have more and more discoveries being released almost daily about new planets and other such discoveries...etc etc etc

So, I'd like to leave you with two well known and respected individuals take on the possibility of the existence of ET. You see, for me. I never understood those who are steadfast against the possibility of ET and visitations based on their strict 'Scientific reasoning' meanwhile, here we have many of the greatest minds of our generation saying 'Yeah, they could be out there and it's possible'

Michio Kaku

Stephen Hawking

edit on 1-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Probably not going to watch those shows. But the new Cosmos show with Niel De Grasse Tyson starts either this weekend or next. I suspect they will cover aliens in an episode.

It should be interesting.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
So many alien/UFO programs on TV...

It does appear we are being "programmed" to accept an alien agenda, especially one of ancient aliens as our creators and benefactors.

But is it fact or propaganda ?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

hurdygurdy
So many alien/UFO programs on TV...

It does appear we are being "programmed" to accept an alien agenda, especially one of ancient aliens as our creators and benefactors.

But is it fact or propaganda ?

NOTHING is shown on the msm unless there's an agenda.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Why Ask Why!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The Countdown Is Begun....

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I feel as if we are all being prepped for contact. There are so many new movies/tv shows dealing with star beings. But science is actually leading the way regarding new habitable planets being found. It won't be long I feel. Our family is about to get a lot bigger.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Just prep work for the inevitable, blockbuster scientific announcement, Slayer, that we can expect about any day of having found some sort of life out there somewhere. Frankly, I suspect the deed has already been done and the prep work is being done posthaste.

Let's not forget that the discovery of the mysterious signals of pulsars and then the later discovery of the equally mysterious quasars were both thought to be artificial, signs of intelligent action and kept hidden from the public for months.

Reflect that possibility back upon the whole half a century cover up of the UFO situation, the growing appearances of the (US) triangle sightings and you have decent makings for a closing chapter in the long road toward acceptance of the inevitable.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by waltwillis

WHY ???

Are they here, are they coming, is the quarantine lifted, will the agenda further a NWO, replace religion and/or government ? I just don't know, it makes my mind reel.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The impossibility of intelligent life else where in the universe is very improbable. The likelihood of them visiting our little corner of the universe for our puny resources is very very small.
Unless interstellar travel becomes so commonplace that the average alien can explore where ever they want. They would have the power to buy a craft and power it up just like we do a car and just as cheap. That type of power within the reach of a large population makes an accidental visit almost inevitable. It would also mean that any one of them visiting us could wipe us out on a whim.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

datasdream
The impossibility of intelligent life else where in the universe is very improbable. The likelihood of them visiting our little corner of the universe for our puny resources is very very small. Unless interstellar travel becomes so commonplace that the average alien can explore where ever they want.

Seems reasonable if they were much older and more advanced in technology, science, ability and experience then it seems reasonable to think they would have the means to not only explore but visit distant solar systems possibly even galaxies

the power to buy a craft and power it up just like we do a car and just as cheap. That type of power within the reach of a large population makes an accidental visit almost inevitable. It would also mean that any one of them visiting us could wipe us out on a whim.

Let's hope they are just curious explorers and not conquerors.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

watchitburn
Probably not going to watch those shows. But the new Cosmos show with Niel De Grasse Tyson starts either this weekend or next. I suspect they will cover aliens in an episode.

It should be interesting.

Thanks for the headsup

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Just last night, there was an abundance of previews on "THE COSMOS", a remake of the Carl Sagan infamous and legendary series.

I CAN'T WAIT

What's different, however, is that this has a WORLD WIDE PREMIER and President Obama has even spoken on this. He stated that not only is he looking forward to it, but that it ( in his opinion) should shake up the way that humanity views life elsewhere.

As a conservative who did not vote for him, I COULDN'T AGREE WITH HIM MORE.

Right now, I'm watching the H2 channel, and as the OP states, this seems to be the HOT topic; more so than it has ever been.

I'm fascinated with this topic, and THANKS OP!!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by datasdream

You say that "unless interstellar space travel is common"....

Why wouldn't it be?

The Drake Equation leans more to the fact that it most likely IS a commonality.

Earth is a rather young planet, in terms of time since formation and planetary evolution. We are only 4.5 billion years old, in a sea inside a universe, an OBSERVABLE universe, roughly 14 billion years. Our galaxy, the Milky Way, is not even the oldest galaxy.

So yes, most likely light speed travel and such is more common and we on Earth are still very primitive in the scheme of things.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Dr. Kaku is very impressive when he speaks on the topic of extra-terrestrial life and the possibility that we may find life is extra-dimensional. I find the theories and lectures that come out of theoretical physics to be much more fascinating then some crappy TV series. Disclaimer: I don't watch TV.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The White House will be hosting a viewing of THE COSMOS

The festival will also include a sneak peek of the first episode of "Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey," the upcoming Fox television series that "celebrates the scientific perspective and the importance of science, technology, engineering, and math education." A sequel to Carl Sagan's "Cosmos: A Personal Voyage," "Spacetime Odyssey" premieres in March and will be hosted by It is a follow-up to Carl Sagan's "Cosmos: A Personal Voyage" and will be hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson. www.latimes.com... 2ujYSwhjf

Fox and National Geographic Channel will host a special preview of “Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey” at the White House on Friday, Feb. 28, as part of the first-ever White House Student Film Festival.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
WORLD WIDE LAUNCH OF THE COSMOS 2014

Airs next Sunday, March 9 2014

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I don't watch regular TV programming either. I do follow some shows online though when I have the time.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I LOVE Dr. Michio Kaku.

Fascinating- the different Types of Civilizations:

TYPE I - Planetary, and reached One World Gov't status: A Type 1 civilization will also have gained the knowledge and ability to control, modify and/or alter weather, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and oncoming Ice Ages to the benefit of civilizational continuity and need. Other critical hallmarks of transiting from Type 0 to Type 1 civilization will be the establishment of a common planetary language (English), a planetary communications system (the Internet) and a central world administrative capital (European Union). Obviously too, there will be a complete and utter end to poverty, suffering and/or neglect of any sentient life form on Earth, plant and animal kingdom included.

Transition to Type II- in terms of energy requirements and use, will mean that any Type 1 civilization will have exhausted or exceeded its supply of planetary energy and will begin to harness the solar output of its primary star.

Transition to Type III- exhaust the power/energy requirements of its primary star and will have reached to other star systems and habitable planets, perhaps terra-forming a nearby planetary system. The primary barrier in establishing a Type 3 civilization will be the means of interstellar travel which may delay the transition for millions or even billions of years. However, life forms by this time may have evolved beyond physical bodies and into astral/spiritual type bodies, allowing them to transcend space and time and transverse great interstellar distances previously prohibited by the physics and physical constraints of physical matter.

And as we all should be aware by now, WE are not even a Type I yet.....

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It is a virtual certainty life not only exists elsewhere, but that it is commonplace in the Universe. Even the most conservative estimates I have seen, put the numbers of advanced civilizations in the mulitple millions and perhaps a great deal more than that.

I too share your sentiments....often these shows are thinly veiled hit pieces meant to discredit witness testimony, and cast sightings as just another hillbilly looking at chinese laterns, sky divers at night, flares...insert whatever government sanctioned explanation you wish.

I have been studying this phenomena for more than 25 years...man how time flies. I have come to the conclusion that ET's do exist...in a profusion of shapes and sizes. That they have been here a long, long time. Longer than humans I expect. In fact, I believe they had a hand in creating us....or at the very least have done extensive tinkering with our genetics along the way. I believe that there are both extra terrestrial aliens as well as inter dimensional beings. We aren't alone and never have been.

I don't watch a lot of TV so I was unaware of these programs....thanks for bringing them to my attention. Perhaps I'll give them a watch...who knows? Might be interesting....but I won't hold my breath.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join