It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Media, Mind Control and Propoganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I really dont think that this needs much explanation. I will say one thing though....I gave up TV and other forms of MSM a while ago now...this video reaffirmed to me why that was exactly.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Nice little video.

Rings so true throughout the US. Masses upon masses of people are daily subjected to propaganda spewed forth from every angle! TV, radio, music, hollywood, newspapers and magazines just to name a few. They all influence a vast amount of mindless drones fit to lull by in their pathetic existence as a indentured servant to the nation. For life.

They pass the same mindlessness to their children and the children are raised to think its the norm.

Wake up, get outside and active! When inside, READ BOOKS, and turn off the TV permanently.
Period.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by taketheredpill

No, dont tell me you drop the TV and MSM!
Its important for you to watch and listen to them.
Watch, listen and learn, but never believe any of them, keep your enemy closer.

Totally abandoning them is losing game, you dont know the next step.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

I still manage to get my news from other sources. Learning about how the world works helps you to read between the lines in what is reported to and known by the people and gives you more ability to figure out what is happening yourself. I prefer to garner my knowledge from true journalism and reporting of the facts rather then opinion based propoganda paid for by those that want to control every facet of your life.
They've got you man - hook, line and sinker. I consider myself pretty well informed about things. After conversing on this site with some Americans - it appears that I know more than them about their country - and i'm halfway across the world, dont watch tv, the msm news nor read papers or listen to radio. Compromising my integrity by watching the despicable lies and drivel that most consider "news" and "current events" is just not on the agenda for me.
Try it yourself I guarantee that you wont miss being told what you should think about apparent current events and being subliminally coerced into buying crap that you don't and never will need.
Go on - its refreshing!
Heres a good site to start....
Become informed on how it all works....

edit on 1 3.1414 by taketheredpill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Edward Bernays (Propaganda)

The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society.

Kudos, great video very informative.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

NullVoid
reply to post by taketheredpill

No, dont tell me you drop the TV and MSM!
Its important for you to watch and listen to them.
Watch, listen and learn, but never believe any of them, keep your enemy closer.

Totally abandoning them is losing game, you dont know the next step.

Wrong!!!
Its like a disease, get close enough and it will infect you.

I threw my tv out years ago, its the best thing I EVER did. When I sit in public places like trains or buses, or I'm in a line at the local store, all I can hear is the television! Everything people say is influenced by what theyve seen on the tv.

Television is the one real WMD - Weapon of Mass Delusion, its global and it controls the entire human race.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
We're getting ready to drop our cable here in the next few months. I'm sick of paying for all the stuff that I never watch.

I think it's important to stay somewhat up-to-date on what big lie they're currently selling. I just wish I could trust that there were some places that told the truth. The problem is that no one can even if they think they are, and that puts the onus always on you to go out and try to discern it.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

APPLAUSE!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

By the way...anyone know where the third part of the clip is from? Dying to know!
edit on 1 3.1414 by taketheredpill because: (no reason given)

edit on 1 3.1414 by taketheredpill because: spelling

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

So, you dont know the next step.
My favorite channel is a propaganda channel disguised as a [xxxxx] channel, I learn a lot about how the lie being played. I hate it, but now, I know how its being played and how the brainwash was performed.
As I said, keep your enemy closer, learning how its being played. If you remove it, you dont know the next step and you will never know where and what is the brainwash looks like.

For now, its about guns, and I hate it so much, I just read the title and already knew whats in store, what is the true purpose, who is the player, how they shape the mindset, what to expect etc etc.
Its grim and its on TV.
Oh, I dont even bother about Bieber and etc
, all are junk except my favorite - cooking show.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hi there. I've been lurking these forums for years but just now I decided to post something here because it has been bothering me for a while. I think it's related to the content in this thread so making a new thread for this single thing would be pointless (not to mention I need at least 20 posts to start my own thread).
We all know certain groups use the media for dissinformation purposes. What has been bothering me for a while is something that I dont entirely understand. Ever since the argentinian cardinal was elected as pope (not sure if this is related), I've seen on youtube videos (taken from u.s. and european news channels) "maps" that make no sense. Sometimes, when u.s. or european news channels show on tv some news about a south american country they usually show a map on the tv screen to show the location of the country where the important event is having place. What I have seen is that very often, these maps are soooo wrong that I have to assume they are doing it on purpose. Some maps show "Argentina" or the city of "Buenos Aires" in random places, sometimes inside other countries. Sometimes, they show "Venezuela" or "Brazil" on random places as well such as Caracas (in Venezuela) located in the southern part of Argentina or "Sao Paulo" in the middle of the Andes mountain range. Sometimes they include countries and divisions that dont even exist and some of these "fake" countries even have english names such as "new oakshire" or "Peruvian field" (fake one and supposedly located between Uruguay and Brazil which is far from Peru) or "Yellow lands" (takes a big piece of land from Argentina and Brazil). These countries dont exist and never existed. Even in the past, no region had those names, ever. Since I saw those things in youtube videos taken from tv channels that dont air here I just dont have any pictures but since those tv channels operate in the u.s. and europe, somebody must have seen the same things. This is dissinformation no matter how u look at it, but what exactly is their "angle"?

new topics

top topics

join