It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Federation Council Agrees to Putin's Request for military intervention in Crimea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

this is a major RED flag, this means they expect American Resistance.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

MessageforAll
reply to post by Hellas

this is a major RED flag, this means they expect American Resistance.

Funny... I thought Russia claims that the Americans somehow instigated the whole thing. Or am I interpreting the propaganda wrong?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Honestly I don't know, I firmly believe that the Ukraine "revolt " was instigated by the EU with or without the US. All apart from that I have no clue.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hey Hey HEy
Lets keep in mind that Crimea's PM welcomes the Russian troops to help stabilize his region :
www.nbcnews.com...

"I am appealing to Russian President Vladimir Putin to provide assistance in ensuring peace and tranquility in the Crimean"
This is from Sergie Aksyonov the regions recently installed PM?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I didn't finish my thought
So who it going to help Ukraine keep itself together?
Isn't it part of the E.U.?
So aren't they under attack?

x

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
A tweet to Obama and the West from Sergey

@BBC_HaveYourSay Obama and the West must understand in regard to Ukraine crisis - do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

Thats great, but given that they do not have the right to ask for that kind of protection from Russia, because for all their waffle the Crimea is a part of the Ukraine, I think it is a little moot. It would be like Wales asking for US protection from the rest of Britain. It does not wash I am afraid.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

MysterX

andy1972

MysterX
You think it's a coincidence that Ukraine is suddenly in turmoil as soon as the EU is told to take a hike and the deal is off with Ukraine joining the EU, but you somehow think this is a Russian land grab?

That's ridiculous.

Im not the only one thinking it's strange that after they accept a 15 billion bailout from the Russians and give the EU and NATO the finger, three weeks later all hell breaks loose and the pro Russian government is ousted..ummm, strange.

edit on AM6Sat20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

But that is what i'm saying...it is no coincidence.

I'm also saying, in answer to the insituation that Russia is behind the Coup (made by a previous poster) that is ridiculous, as Ukraine was going to side with Russia, and as you say give the EU the finger.

Perhaps we're talking at cross purposes here...it looks like we're in agreement on the US/EU instigating this turmoil and coup for strategic primarilly, and financial gain..doesn't it?

Yes we are in agreement..very much so..on all fronts..
This is an Eu / US instigated and led coup with the rioters be paid 15 to 25 euros a month, to riot that is and the students recieve about 60 a month to riot..Yes they are paid and we know by whom the EU and friends..

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
ETA: I didn't realize this was posted previously.

Breaking now on multiple news agencies. This from Fox:

RUSSIAN PARLIAMENT WANTS TO RECALL AMBASSADOR IN DC OVER OBAMA COMMENT

Pulling ambassador from US is a huge announcement. This is getting bad and fast!

Source
edit on 3/1/2014 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

Isn't it part of the E.U.?

No. They are also not a member of NATO. If they were, a world war would already have begun. Of course, Putin's actions have definitively pushed Ukraine towards membership. One thing is for sure now: Vladimir Putin is no Otto von Bismark.

link   
Ali Barada ‏@BaradaAli 1m
President of #UN Security Council calls for an informal meeting on #Ukraine at 2:00PM EST after #Russia's approval to send troops to #Crimea

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

andy1972

MysterX

andy1972

MysterX
You think it's a coincidence that Ukraine is suddenly in turmoil as soon as the EU is told to take a hike and the deal is off with Ukraine joining the EU, but you somehow think this is a Russian land grab?

That's ridiculous.

Im not the only one thinking it's strange that after they accept a 15 billion bailout from the Russians and give the EU and NATO the finger, three weeks later all hell breaks loose and the pro Russian government is ousted..ummm, strange.

I'm also saying, in answer to the insituation that Russia is behind the Coup (made by a previous poster) that is ridiculous, as Ukraine was going to side with Russia, and as you say give the EU the finger.

Perhaps we're talking at cross purposes here...it looks like we're in agreement on the US/EU instigating this turmoil and coup for strategic primarilly, and financial gain..doesn't it?

This is an Eu / US instigated and led coup with the rioters be paid 125 euros a month, to riot that is and the students recieve 300 a month to riot..Yes they are paid and we know by whom..

Prove it. Speaking of being paid, where do you suppose Yanukovych got the money for his private zoo?
edit on 1-3-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

DJW001

andy1972

MysterX

andy1972

MysterX

That's ridiculous.

This is an Eu / US instigated and led coup with the rioters be paid 125 euros a month, to riot that is and the students recieve 300 a month to riot..Yes they are paid and we know by whom..

Prove it. Speaking of being paid, where do you suppose Yanukovych got the money for his private zoo?

That figure was in hryvna,,not euros, my mistake. It's actually about 25 euros for a normal guy and about 50 euros for a student..

“My wife, who is of Ukrainian nationality, has weekly contact to her parents and friends in Zhytomyr [NW Ukraine]. According to them, most protesters get an average payment of 200-300 grivna, corresponding to about 15-25 euro. As I additionally heard, one of the most active agencies and ‘payment outlets’ on EU side is the German ‘Konrad Adenauer Stiftung’, being closely connected to the CDU, i.e. Mrs. Merkel’s party.”

Johannes Loew of the Internet site elynitthria.net/ writes:

“I am just back from Ukraine (I live in Munich/Germany) and I was a lot at the Maidan. Most of those people get only 100 grivna. 300 is for Students.”

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

andy1972

DJW001

andy1972

MysterX

andy1972

MysterX

That's ridiculous.

That figure was in hryvna,,not euros, my mistake. It's actually about 25 euros for a normal guy and about 50 euros for a student..

“My wife, who is of Ukrainian nationality, has weekly contact to her parents and friends in Zhytomyr [NW Ukraine]. According to them, most protesters get an average payment of 200-300 grivna, corresponding to about 15-25 euro. As I additionally heard, one of the most active agencies and ‘payment outlets’ on EU side is the German ‘Konrad Adenauer Stiftung’, being closely connected to the CDU, i.e. Mrs. Merkel’s party.”

Johannes Loew of the Internet site elynitthria.net/ writes:

“I am just back from Ukraine (I live in Munich/Germany) and I was a lot at the Maidan. Most of those people get only 100 grivna. 300 is for Students.”

Link, please.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
US and Eu are paying students to riot

Funny about Victoria Nuland named the poeple the US would put in power after the coup.....isn't it...# the EU

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

andy1972

Funny about Victoria Nuland named the poeple the US would put in power after the coup.....isn't it...# the EU

Thank you. This website also claims that the Russian troops occupying the airports are "self defense" units. Do you really believe that?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

DJW001

Most extreme protestors was payed from Germany and Poland , and most extreme riot police was Russians so there was some kind of proxy war between West and Russia which Russia lost, that's why Putin invaded Crimea , he is angry.

link   

DJW001

andy1972

Thank you. This website also claims that the Russian troops occupying the airports are "self defense" units. Do you really believe that?

Are they standing an assigned post in defensive/guard roles or, as soldiers, are they seeking out and engaging who they are there with high power weapons for?

I'd say they are defensive forces until an overall change comes to take them off their defensive postings and moving with a purpose.

Just my thinking...

link   
RT News live news feed.

Ukraine turmoil LIVE UPDATES

16:55 GMT: The City Council of Donetsk, a city in the eastern Ukraine, capital of the coal-rich Donbass region, to hold an urgent referendum in Donetsk area on Donbass future. The council urged the local parliament to set the date immediately. The move is set to “protect the citizens from possible violent actions on the behalf of radicalized nationalistic forces,” the council said in a statement.

edit on 1-3-2014 by Bellor because: (no reason given)

Saturday, March 1 16:59 GMT: The UK’s Foreign Office has summoned Russian Ambassador to Britain to register deep concerns, Foreign Secretary William Hague tweeted. We oppose decision to deploy Russian troops on Ukrainian soil against wishes of #Ukraine gov and condemn any act of aggression — William Hague (@WilliamJHague) March 1, 2014

edit on 1-3-2014 by Bellor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

DJW001

Of course....

And the APC and howisters moved in yeasterday are ice cream machines

And the helcopeters happyness spreaders

And the Corvette blockading Balaclava is a love boat

Its not a invasion rember just a jolly stroll of Russian forces through the Crimea

edit on 1-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join