It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't believe in anything anymore

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I've lost all ability to trust anything.

I've been lied to all my life. They tell me everything will be fine if I put my faith in god, the government, or science. I find it all to be a lie. I'm tired of having to sift through the piles and piles of absolute crap to find the one grain of truth. Why can't we just be honest about things?

Part one: God or No God?

Both sides make a compelling argument and both sides lie their pants off. Many religious zealots, regardless of their religion, pick and choose which part of their holy book they choose to follow -- on almost a daily basis. One day, you are commanded to love and not judge, the next you're commanded to judge and hold contempt. Which is it? It can't be both at the same time!

Atheists, don't think for a second that I've forgotten about you. You guys gripe and complain about christians proselytizing constantly while using the exact same methods of conversion. You use some sort of faulty logic that makes it ok for you to do something as long as it's not religious. Your god is science -- and that's just another thing that I can't trust.

Part two: THIS ... IS ... Science?

Global warming! Global cooling! The earth is filled with molten lava! The earth is hollow! Science proves alien life! Science disproves alien life! HIV is real and causes AIDS! AIDS has never been linked to HIV, which has never been isolated or proven to exist!

These are just a few examples of garbage science that is practiced today. There used to be a scientific method, where one conducted experiments and followed specific tests to make prove things. Now all of the scientific data is so highly politicized and obscured by bureau-crazy that none of these "scientific facts" can be proven or linked to any legitimate studies -- which leads us to government.

Part three: Poli-tricks

In my opinion, the only difference between democrats and republicans are the steps that they take to bypass the constitution. They both have the same ultimate goal: a facist dictatorship. No one believed me when I told them that Obama would just be another Bush -- and here we are. Spying, war, corporate-sponsored politicians, corporate officials placed in high-ranking government positions. It's all the same! Nothing has changed! Then we're told to vote if we don't like the system. What they don't tell you is that voting fuels this corrupt system.

Then you have the everday joe republicrats and demicans that are so brainwashed and convinced of the supremacy of their party that they can't see anything past their own colon. They worship their political gods and masters like good little slaves without ever realizing that this government is slowly killing them and taking away everything that makes people individuals.

Conclusion:

I can't trust anything or anyone. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Welcome to planet Earth as you have found out the only 2 thing's certain in life are Death & Taxes .

it is just a ride .

tune in drop out

and enjoy

and die laughing

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by scolai

Well you're stuck here for a little while, just like the rest of us... so why not make the best of it?

Believe in yourself...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Welcome to official adulthood!

We've all been there at one time or another. There are those that pull themselves out of the misery these revelations usually bring and there are those who wallow in it for the rest of their lives. You now have to decide which one you want to be.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Same here. I've lost faith in institutions in general. Seems like they're all in cahoots with the same globalist crap, the same system, so I fail to see why I should trust one over another, or make exceptions. There's so many entangled deceptions, I've long stopped relying on anything but my common sense and my instinct. I have very few certitudes about the state of the world.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, though.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by scolai

Finally, all my effort works, somebody woke up.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by scolai

Trying believing in beer it will help solve all the contradictions

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by scolai

Welcome to the world of cynicism.

Don't worry, in time watching all the chumps get owned is extremely entertaining. Sad......but entertaining!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

edit on 1-3-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by scolai

Most go through the stages that you have exampled.

With an open mind, you can see with your own eyes and own understanding. Like isn't black and white. There is no perfect plan. You just need to go with it and enjoy all of life's quirks.

You only have to believe in yourself, and not a theological figure. That is the first step IMO.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
It's a crazy world for sure. There are still some people you can trust though. All is not lost.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Faith is more powerful than acceptance

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

scolai

Conclusion:

I can't trust anything or anyone.

Yeah?
Nearly 7 billion people have the same issue.
It's called being human.
You're only special if you can't trust yourself.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

scolai

I can't trust anything or anyone. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

To pure to be in what can be viewed sometimes as a hell dimension and you think that is a bad thing.
. Have noticed similar things but when you meet god, judge god based on what god say and do and not what humans tell you god does in any scripture. Have a lovely day if you can. Namaste (on all levels).

edit on 1-3-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by scolai

I hear ya'. And I agree with a lot of what you said. It was mindblowing for me when I came to the realization that just about everything is full of lies or 'construct'. The change over happened pretty much overnight. From hard core bible believing Catholic ... to OMG, most of it is simply not true and isn't what 'they' said. Same with politics. Same with humanity in general.

I totally hear you. It can be maddening asking the question 'what is truth .. what is real' ... and never getting a truthful answer.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by scolai

For all my life I've been lied to manipulated, shot in the back and left for dead.

Now sit and watch the show we call life, there's a chair right there, oh try not to pull out your hair, but if you do just throw it up in the air and watch it fall without a care. (sorry just felt like rhyming
)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
IMO, you're on the right track. Good for you! Rejecting institutions, ideologies and 'culture' is not only a sign of intelligence, it's a mark of plain old common sense, which is becoming a rare commodity these days.

To paraphrase a wise man, "Trust in yourself to handle the raw data. In this thing called 'life', the race doesn't go to the swift, but to the thoughtful, the careful, the crafty. The one who can figure out how it all works."

There are mountains upon mountains of misinformation and b.s. to wade through just to find the smallest grain of truth. You stated that quite succinctly.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by scolai

There is one thing left that you can believe in.

It is yourself.

You must look within to find the answer. If you are patient and have no expectation the answer will present itself to you. Everything external is irrelevant.

Look within.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
OP that is fantastic!!!! Now you can direct your life without the influence of all the lies. It's so much easier to navigate this life if you're not buying into the crap they feed the masses. Celebrate! You've been liberated to live according to your own beliefs and findings. Enjoy the journey.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
There's a way to comprehend it all.

Looking at things as either AGENDA or TRUTH.

TRUTH = facts, the real deal

God=Universal source/ energy etc that transcends all religion and beliefs.

People should be able to know the truth and see things as they are.

Recognition of that which is truly important.

AGENDA = lies, those claiming themselves as 'gods' for their own gain.

Under 'agenda' the deceivers want themselves 'men' being treated as 'gods'

This false religion has resulted in people being slaves to the machine, man fighting man, wars, egotism and a misleading of humanity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join