It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dad has 3 months to a year to live

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Now, the doctor's say no more chemotherapy. Well, if you could convince them to try one more round, this is what I would want them to do.
Before each chemo session give your father an IV drip of Vitamin C, (what Doctor Linus Pauling was claiming was a cure.)
The limiting factor is the health of his kidneys.
The Vitamin C seems to make the Chemo LESS TOXIC and MORE EFFECTIVE.
Do a GOOGLE search on Vitamin C and Cancer.

Now I'll stop being a quack and if it is not to be, wish him a peaceful death with a settled concince.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Sorry to read that about your father.

Truly.

I could say much more, but it's noise... you'll both be ultimately fine, despite seemingly overwhelming emotions.

And watch your own health, too, during the whole process... and talk about it... to him, too. At least he's still here for a while and you can say things you want to say.

The human experience is ...something.

ETA And the folks writing about alt cures, well, vit C does sometimes work miracle cures and it's worth a shot.
edit on 3/2/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
What a vicious disease.

This ATS thread on liposomal vitamin C may give him a few more months to live, treat
your mom and why not, you too!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

That's really devastating if you gonna loose someone you really love .. I know how that feels..

But you should read this thread about cancer maybe there's hope for your dad too?
edit on 0b23America/ChicagoMon, 03 Mar 2014 03:40:23 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 03 Mar 2014 03:40:23 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I lost my Dad on the 29th November last year, he also had bowel cancer and it had spread to his liver, lymph nodes and lungs. Everyone has said to me too that time will heal and that my Dad "had a good innings" because he had just turned 76. I'm still angry and still wondering how much time it will take for the pain to heal, if it ever will. I miss my Dad so much. We had a month with him from finding out he had cancer to the day he died, the doctor had originally diagnosed a trapped nerve because he was experiencing back pain. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I can't offer you any advice, I don't know how to handle it myself.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I am so sorry that your father has to go through cancer. I know you already responded to another poster saying that your father will not be down with natural remedies, bu5 if he has 3 months to ayear to live, he still has a chance. No one must die from cancer. No none. It os a result of diets defficient in certqin vitamims and minerals, along with other facors such as additives, chemicals an d preservitives in the food we eat and the products we use, and toxins in the air we breath. Try and convince him. I read a thread on another site about vitamin b12 from apricot seeds and apple seeds, and hemp and cocnut oil. Too many ways to go about this. Talk to him.

With me and my dad, its about 50/50 sometimes. I spent about 80% of my time with my mom growig up becuase he spent his off days from work playing tennis, and later on in my teen years golf. I remeber askig him if I can come with him becuase he went out amd did fun stuff, while I knew we were goig0ng to go out and do boring crap with my mom like go shop for groceries, got to the mall for stuff, or hang at my aunts hair salon. By the time I got to my teen years, didnt really care. Me and my lil bro went out with him here and there, butpaled in compqrison to how much time we spent with ou4 mom, and hoe kuch he prefered to go play tennis and golf. As a result, dient really feel all that close to him at all. When I found out he regularly messes with othee chicks behind my mom, and condemns her or me when we begs to talk about it, I wrote him off as a dickhead. He still is, bigtime. He can be quite cool and nice when we are on good terms, but he is generally bull#ty, and narrow minded where when refuses to recognise any wrongdoind on his part, bit will make sure to point out or concoct yours in order to mantain moral high ground. I have fantasies of pubching him in the face. Even when we are cool, I still always think what a small brained dickhead.

But still love him, and dont want anything bad to happen to him. At least you were qble to come to terms with the man.you still hqve a great relationship. Get everything out. Lay it all down on the table. Dont let him go with anything still held in. I will ahve to figure out how to do the same thing when ky parents time come. In fact, i should do this now. Only problem is, my dad probabely will not be honest about things until he is at the door. But cherish him. I sort of partially dont like my dad, but I want to change that. Get it all out. You will feel more complete once you do.

And last, but most, talk to God. If you dont believe, like I did, then talk to him as if you are talking to somonr fade to face. Be hernest, and supress the feeling its a joke. You will see things and realize things in your dreams, or while awake, that you have never realized before. But you must feel it first. Same goes for your dad. If he does not beleive, or at least is not willing to talk to him, and feel stupid, then there is no use. This is not coming from a long time perrson in Christ. I am still struggling with my own "active" imagination, but God has already shown me things ahead of time. I just have to overcome my own laziness and pride.

Good luck, and God bless. I hope your father lives in peace and happiness if he choooses not to pursue natural care. My grandmother just came down with colon cancer, but her situation is much easier to deal with, they caught it early. I too am quite fearfull of the future. I lost a relative i was not close with to cancer recently.

Good luck. You can pm me.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the kind words. I haven't been replying because to be perfectly honest, I've been trying not to think about everything the last few days. I ended up getting a pretty nasty e-mail from my dad yesterday (one which came totally out of the blue) so that put me in an even greater state of confusion. I'm guessing he might just be dealing with all his own emotions and maybe had gotten into the sauce or something (at least that is what I hope it was). It's been a really tough few weeks.

Between my girlfriends car accident and having our van totaled to finding out about my dad 2 days later I kind of just want to crawl under a rock for awhile. But please be assured that I have read each of your replies and PM's and I am grateful for your kindness. I really do appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Don’t really have any pointers on the grieve but as far as his cancer goes I would urge you not to just accept what mainstream America states as a diagnosis and check out doctor Coldwell for example of whom is a PhD and has a eighty five to ninety percent cure rate on some of his cancer treatments (drleonardcoldwell.com...) .You also might want to read Kevin Trudeau’s book called "natural cures they don’t want you to know about" and advice your father to eat more flax seed. There are so many better alternative when it comes to curing anything especially cancer that the main stream just seems minuscule and quite honestly not worth doing; I would also urge you to check into hemp oil and even hemp seed as other treatment options.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm still here checking in on you. I am always around if you should need someone to talk to.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Oh, I'm so sorry. There is no easy way to lose a parent. They are the ties that have bound us to the earth our whole life. We feel like orphans without them.

It has been eight years since my father passed away at the early age of 65. He had a stroke and I never got to say goodbye.

I was in shock for a long while. I actually couldn't believe that he was dead. He made our worlds go round--although he was far from perfect. But he was certainly a unique incarnation! I couldn't believe that the world would keep spinning without him.

It took a long time to get over it---a good year at least to get through the hard grieving. It was such a hard part of my life, to be honest, but all these years later I am here to tell you that life does go on.

Grieve correctly, my friend. There is no way to skirt it. But do it the right way. Cry, talk about it, talk about him, go to counseling if you must. But be willing to do it, to feel it, to walk to the other side of the mud with your boots on.

People try to avoid the pain with drugs and other things....but you're just postponing the inevitable.

Grief is supposed to hurt. It shows how much you loved someone.
edit on 3-3-2014 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Truly sorry for this and hope you find inner peace and strength along the way.

Anita Moorjani - The Healing Power of Unconditional Love

This isn't about just healing and getting better, though that can happen, but we don't the purpose or soul reason for everything, and what is meant as the next step. However it is about healing fear, and bringing in more positive energy and happiness to allow our own healing mechanisms to respond. At least inner healing.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadGhost

Gerson Therapy, Hoxsey and Essiac formulas are great when you are able to get to somewhere where they can treat you, usually Mexico. If you can't travel, then use the herbs the best you can. I know these natural treatments can work wonders if it is God's will of course. You can find the Hoxsey and Essiac herbs here: cancer herbs.

Prayer can also help for him as well as for you. I lost my dad back in 2000, and just having others around me helped me immensly. He didn't believe in natural treatments so the Chemo quickly took him. He didn't die from the cancer, he died from the treatment with Chemo. In the end I knew my dad wanted to leave anyway and shortly after he did transition, he came to me in a visitation with my grandpa who also had passed years back. They both came and apologized for not being there for me. I forgave them.

Now, I know that life goes on, and we dont' really die. Peace be to you brother on the journey, all things that are bound on earth are bound in heaven, meaning we will always have our loved ones. Hope his journey is a safe and peaceful one, hopefully here if God willing.

James

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Lost my dad in 2007. Lost my mom in 2011 laid her to rest on her birthday. Dad from liver cancer, mom from end stage lung disease & heart problems. If there was ever anything you wanted to say to your dad...say it. Cherish these days you two have left. I was 48 when my mom died, with 5 older brothers & sister's. I felt more alone than any other time in my life. The fact that my two biggest role models were gone was hard. It still is. I feel for you and your siblings if you have any. I like you knew the end was near with both of my parents deaths. I tried to prepare myself emotionally as best I could. It still hurt, it still stunk, it still sucked. There's zero I can say or anybody can say in this time to ease your pain. Cherish the time left and never let regret slip into any conversations with him. I so miss talking with my mom, I miss that more than anything. Good luck. Peace OYM1262

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

did you get my PM

by the way, if you are really disinfo shill as your avatar suggests, in that case I hope you didn't get my PM

I consider shill for Western Private Central banks and NATO to be in league with Satan, and other baby killers.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Just stopping by to check on you. From your last message, it sounds like you have had it handed to you of late. That's rough, and just try to take it one day at a time.

Many of us are still here, still ready, if you need to talk.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Just caught this DS ( if I may call you that ).

The absolute worst times for a family ! My sympathies are most assuredly with you .

I personally have two elderly parents. My Mum ( Aus ) - born in '32; is going like a swiss watch. Smokes , drinks - no exercise etc.

My Dad is a Man who was very headstrong - yet made a difference for the community. Never smoked - super physical -
( saw him wrestle a hereford bull - back over the tailgate of a horsefloat - small bull but epic. Silly - yep ! )

He has had a filthy bad stroke.

He is not who he was ... and he knows it. The light is on - there is someone home - he can't express that.
I can only admire Him for accepting his lot now ... and making the most of it.

Before he went down to this - a result of a knee surgery -

He did make a point of letting us ( close family ) know of his list - as to his personal reasons to live as opposed to 'shutdown' should he have no input. Etc: Can no longer enjoy music, Enjoy My Cats ( crazy cat man !! ) etc.

Good advice for all btw.

Think of the positive influence and the difference made ... you would not have posted here unless that mattered !

Make the most of it ... I really hope that makes sense !

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by homeopath

He didn't believe in natural treatments so the Chemo quickly took him. He didn't die from the cancer, he died from the treatment with Chemo.

How do you know that for sure? Millions of people have had their lives saved by traditional medicine, myself included. I think that it depends on how bad the cancer is to begin with and how far it has spread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join