It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

0bama accounces "My Brother's Keeper" program

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Yeah it kinda is what I think. Sucks because its the truth. The actual truth is these kids will continue to be members of store robbing flash mobs, pants sagging, barely english speaking criminals that will breed another slew of the same.

What do you want to hear? 200 million will make everything peaches and cream for these kids?
I am saying you start somewhere, that is factory jobs. Some will move up, some will be fired. Those that move up may become CEOs...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

This is very simple.

Any and all charitable contributions made, by either a business or person, are tax writes offs.

You do understand this, right?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

tinner07

Yeah it kinda is what I think. Sucks because its the truth. The actual truth is these kids will continue to be members of store robbing flash mobs, pants sagging, barely english speaking criminals that will breed another slew of the same.

What do you want to hear? 200 million will make everything peaches and cream for these kids?
I am saying you start somewhere, that is factory jobs. Some will move up, some will be fired. Those that move up may become CEOs...

Obama is Prejudice and RACIST.

Why should one group get ANY advantages over another?

If so, and that is the mentality, I say we go back to the 1800's then.

Deadwood Style.. I will be Swearengen.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Donations are not tax exempt that's not the correct terminology they are a tax credit write off. These business would still be paying taxes except for on the money they donate. What's your problem with that? Now you want to change tax laws? Take away that write off on donations and then no one donates anything. All charity organizations would never receive a dime. Nice one. Good thinking.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
What I see is a POTUS that is advocating for a group that will spend money on disadvantaged youth......

Depending on their race.

Gee, that almost seems racist, doesn't it?

ETA: I guess it should be named 'My black brother's keeper'.
edit on b000000282014-02-28T14:59:20-06:0002America/ChicagoFri, 28 Feb 2014 14:59:20 -0600200000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Not surprising seeings that Obama was a member of Jeremiah Wrights anti-white/anti-American church for over 20 years. This program is racist towards poor, non-black/Hispanic kids. What about the poor white kids???? There are many more of those than poor black kids. This just shows how they think. This is a black power salute. This is to try and triumph over other races. It's a black power tactic. All these programs should be for all poor kids. ALL POOR KIDS. This will fan the flames of racism and create more hate towards them. I think that's what they're trying to do because nobody is this stupid.

link   

So, semantics is your way.

Alrighty then.

The tax payer still foots the bill at the end of the day.

It is a discriminatory base program.

Very simple.

link   
Obama keeps on preaching for people to not rely on themselves, but to rely on a brother (big brother) to succeed. You can't build it yourself.

He really is a true believer of his own stupidity. Sociopath, narcissist. Obama blames America for the need to steal from them, to give to his trusted, and to friends, by redistribution..

It is the best Saturday Night Live comedy skit being played out in history, but Obama thinks it makes sense to turn it into reality.
edit on 28-2-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

The tax payer is not footing the bill if these donations are a write off. It's accepted tax law. Make a donation and deduct it from your taxable income . It's a legitimate tax write off. Nothing underhanded about it. What is your real problem with this program. That Obama started it ? That it benefits black kids or that these very generous supporters of the program will get a tax write off because of it? Hint this is a good thing. Don't make it ugly.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

No, what I'm saying is that if it wasn't a black president helping black kids -- no one would have a problem. If a white president created this same program to help the same kids, it wouldn't be "racist".

GWB could have done the same thing, to the same ethnic group and no one would have batted an eye. This is much ado about nothing, except possibly giving some kids a little extra help in becoming productive members of society.

Who cares what ethnic group a program like this is created for anyway?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Advantage over another? I'd say white people have had quite the advantage for a long time. No one complains when the US sends aid to starving Africans. No one gets upset and claims it's anti-American to help non-Americans.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Oh he's not president to these kids? No other president was ever approached by a special Interest group for support.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
They named it wrong. I should be called my black brothers keeper.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

Advantage over another? I'd say white people have had quite the advantage for a long time. No one complains when the US sends aid to starving Africans. No one gets upset and claims it's anti-American to help non-Americans.

No one gets upset with foreign aid?

Nobody would be upset if George Bush created a program whose stated goal was to help white kids?

Are you #ing kidding me???
edit on 28-2-2014 by slunteri because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

since when? I was born in the 70's..

And my WHOLE LIFE has been at disadvantage to minorities through Affirmative Action.

in college -- society for Black Engineers, etc.. only blacks qualified for that money
in military -- there are NUMEROUS minority based advancement programs
in employment -- multiple jobs passed over, even being a Veteran, because they had to hire a lesser qualified minority.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Stop it . Like white kids don't already have an advantage over many black kids. What world do you live in. There is a program for kids with mental disabilities that is govt funded and they exclude normal children from the program. There is a foundation that supports people with physical disabilities and healthy adults are excluded from benefiting from it. What's your issue?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

groingrinder
They named it wrong. I should be called my black brothers keeper.

or NO Whiteys Allowed Act.

that is also fitting

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Start a foundation for white kids and see how fast the racists come out of the shadows.

Some guys tried to start an all white community in the middle of nowhere recently and were shot down as racist.

We have Scottish games every year,thats not racist. White pride is too much associated with the nazis imho.

Its a never ending story that will never change

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Finally there it is. You don't care about those black kids. Ok guess you're entitled to that. Now we know where you're really coming from.

(post by slunteri removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join