It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roma Downey: Why we cut Satan from 'Son of God'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
... and some of you thought it was too ridiculously IRONIC that the scene would cause comparisons.

HA!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

Star for you.

You too gryph.
edit on 28-2-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Satan is a narcissist, huh? So what does that make God? Just thought I'd throw in a word for the guy who apparently can't talk for himself.

Christians do generally justify God as being a 'jealous' God. The example would be one's mother and father bringing one into the world and providing a naturally beautiful home, clean water, healthful foods, and one instead showing appreciation not to the parents but to the sibling who uglied the home, dirtied the water, adulterated the foods. How would the mother and father respond? Would they just let their offspring be corrupted by one evil offspring? Surely parents would not control their adult children, but rather, provide principles ethics and values so the offsprind led astray, may have the free will to decide rather than just blindly follow the brack sheep in the family.

edit on 28-2-2014 by gardener because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

I recall a scene from a show where a sultan's bastard son comes to live with him as a servant. But the son is so eager to be accepted as a member of the family, he oversteps the station he was given, acknowledging the sultan as his father and threatening his image. The heir accosts him and is caught in the act by the sultan, who then coaches his son in the punishment of the bastard child. He even goes so far as to attempt to kill the kid. This, I feel, is a more accurate reflection of our relationship with the divine powers. And honestly? I feel that the sultan's heir had more reason to hate the sultan than anyone else in the story. The sultan's bastard child could have been anything he wanted. He learned magic and became a sorcerer. He could have become like Merlin. But that heir had only one possible future, determined by his father, trained and forced to cause pain and death at a moment's notice. He was a puppet, and in a way, so are we. God was willing to drown us like unwanted puppies because he made a mistake in the schematics, but one of his personal pets tries to take his castle and he lets the mother****er live?! Gimme a break. So we're the embarrassing expendable bastard children who are free to dance on our little strings, and Satan is a martyred revolutionary who is being saved as the one final example of what happens if you question God. Sounds like a regular episode of Brady Bunch. Pfft.
edit on 28-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
TV Bible movie makes Satan look like President Obama. Wait did I say 'TV Bible movie'? I meant 'Fox & Friends'

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

rickymouse
So why did they make Satan black in the first place? I know, it's just a TV show. I think Satan is white with reddish tinged hair....Hmmm that's what my wife looks like. What a coincidence.

That's simple.
When he was kicked out of heaven he got burned on
reentry to the earth.
No really he did.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

gardener

AfterInfinity

Satan is a narcissist, huh? So what does that make God? Just thought I'd throw in a word for the guy who apparently can't talk for himself.

Christians do generally justify God as being a 'jealous' God. The example would be one's mother and father bringing one into the world and providing a naturally beautiful home, clean water, healthful foods, and one instead showing appreciation not to the parents but to the sibling who uglied the home, dirtied the water, adulterated the foods. How would the mother and father respond? Would they just let their offspring be corrupted by one evil offspring? Surely parents would not control their adult children, but rather, provide principles ethics and values so the offsprind led astray, may have the free will to decide rather than just blindly follow the brack sheep in the family.

edit on 28-2-2014 by gardener because: (no reason given)

Please don't pigeon-hole all Christians with the fundamentalists... as a Gnostic Christian I have a FAR different view of things... sort of like the difference between a Republican and a Constitutionalist... One supports "the system"... the other supports "the idea"...
edit on 28-2-2014 by madmac5150 because: a+

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Am i the only one who thought he looked silver in the video? And yeah, i saw the obama resemblance.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
Satan was a little lackluster though. Kinda expected more pomp from him, more extravagance, given the stories, you know.

No, I don't know....
which stories do you mean?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Obama IS Satan!
thats why he looks like obama.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This is EXACTLY what satan wants. For you to now know he is there. Forget about him. Not realize that he's behind the scenes, orchestrating things.

This is the problem. Too many people don't know the enemy. They just choose to pretend he's not there, to ignore him. The problem is, he's not ignoring you.

Satan works in the dark. If you keep him there, that's where he does his best work. He HATES being exposed.

It seems to me there's a pretty significant passage where Jesus is tempted by satan, and defeats him (Matthew 4:1-11)

And Roma Downy is a New age advocate.

standupforthetruth.com...

www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com...

KNOW YOUR ENEMY

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

prevenge

AfterInfinity
Satan was a little lackluster though. Kinda expected more pomp from him, more extravagance, given the stories, you know.

No, I don't know....
which stories do you mean?

For a bad guy, he was made out to be pretty meek and insincere. Like he didn't actually care about what he was doing. Given that he's supposed to be evil incarnate and the very bane of our existence, he didn't have much to show for it. A four year old with plastic vampire fangs is more impressive. For being a being deal, he wasn't a very big deal.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I dont know why the Romans are always portrayed with English accents. I was thinking we should give them like a really harsh southern accent or something different for once. EVERY historical movie about ancient times has the Romans with English accents. ITS GETTING OLD HOLLYWOOD. And yes, I went and saw Son of God and Jesus DID look like a surfer dude.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Latin with a southern accent? Huh?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

The Most Popular Theory I usually heard/read from most people/sources is Anything "Black" is "Evil"
So it's either "Satan is Black" or "Cain is Black" or "Any 'Bible Villains' is Black"

peace.
edit on 1-3-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Somehow it reminds me of 'Bedazzled'

peace

edit on 1-3-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

ImaFungi
Whoever thinks that doesnt resemble Obama is a lying clown
Yup, and cutting it is just perfunctory since it is all over the web anyway.

MrSpad
I guess people just could not stomach Jesus who looks like somebody they would avoid on an airplane.
Hot Jesus resembles Brad Pitt, Thor, and that actor from sons of anarchy; a current Hollywood meme.

The real Jesus probably looked a lot like Osama Bin Laden, imvho.
edit on 2-3-2014 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

rickymouse
So why did they make Satan black in the first place? I know, it's just a TV show. I think Satan is white with reddish tinged hair....Hmmm that's what my wife looks like. What a coincidence.

They used the actors they could get, many of whom were Christian themselves. This guy happened to be Moroccan, I believe. And he was likely who he was for the same reason that Samson was black.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
All this over the portrayal of fictional characters? Its retarded. If these people were truly doing "god's work" they would be out serving the poor and needy, not nit-picking over a fairy story.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

like bin laden eh?

now i can imagine him wearing turban and appearing on TV encouraging people to go for 'egocide' bombing.

peace

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join