It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the deal with this Micah Hanks character?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This guy just kind of appeared out of nowhere. He's got a podcast, a book, a UFO conference that he hosts. Where did he come from, his book and podcast seem to be of little substance. He comes across as glib and annoying, in a fake radio voice, used car salesman sort of way. Micah even calls himself "The Mouth of the South" like his little UFO show is part of some radio station's morning zoo. Somebody along the line told Micah that he's "got a good radio voice" and it went to his head. I mean REALLY went to his head. He seems to have formulated a way to rise in the UFO book and lecture scene and has done everything he can to do so. The thing is, what does he say?

He's wishy washy, always taking the middle of the road on everything from UFO belief to politics. You can't pin him down on anything because he doesn't want to offend anybody and alienate a listener or potential listener. Listen to him and tell me what you think he thinks about UFOs. On second thought, don't, I don't want to send him web traffic. One second he is a true believer and then the next he's talking out of the other side of his mouth that he's a skeptic. His material is so formulaic.

Somebody either told Micah that there is money to made in UFOs or he thinks he can translate this into a career in broadcasting. If he thinks that, he's sorely mistaken, take a look at that tired Bostonian blowhard, Tim Binnall. Been doing the podcasts for eight? nine? years and has gone nowhere, spinning his wheels.

Micah Hanks: Used Car Salesman of Ufology.
edit on 28-2-2014 by FlyingTeacup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingTeacup

How about a link or two to help us find him?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Never heard of him , so I'm watching this.

So far no problems but I'll let you know

Edit
I can see what you mean when you say "Used Car Salesman of Ufology" , There is that flavour about him , I detect a hint of politician in there too . I'm a bout 20min into the video I posted and so far I agree with what he says.

edit on 28-2-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hi Flying, you worded exactly......what I had been thinking all along about this person. I first experienced him on the paranormal internet radio network, KGRA. Seemed like every time I tuned in, randomly, there was Hanks. Always bothered and annoyed me, how glib and insincere he sounded to me, like a fast talking salesman. There is no show nor broadcaster on that site I care for, they'v had some real doozies in the --awfulness-- category (mine, anyway.) There, I unloaded that 2 year simmering.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

misschareesee2
Hi Flying, you worded exactly......what I had been thinking all along about this person. I first experienced him on the paranormal internet radio network, KGRA. Seemed like every time I tuned in, randomly, there was Hanks. Always bothered and annoyed me, how glib and insincere he sounded to me, like a fast talking salesman. There is no show nor broadcaster on that site I care for, they'v had some real doozies in the --awfulness-- category (mine, anyway.) There, I unloaded that 2 year simmering.

Thanks misschareesee, I think there was a time when Hanks had 4 different podcasts, I think he currently has 3. Yeah, I've heard him on KGRA too. In fact he's on right now as I type this. Not sure about that station. It does seem to be the same people who just jump around to different shows. I've seen this with podcasts, the hosts just have their friends on every other week and they have their own podcasts, it's really annoying and boring. For instance, Binnall has Greg Bishop on his show then Bishop has Binnall on. Binnall, Bishop, Kimball, Redfern, Veni and Ritzmann are one axis. The KGRA people all have their people interview other KGRA hosts. UFO Paranormal Radio, Joe Montaldo's outfit does the same thing. Open Minds is kind of on their own but that company is a monster, they are really trying get a larger piece of the UFO pie as are all of the above mentioned personalities.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It does seem to be the same people who just jump around to different shows. I've seen this with podcasts, the hosts just have their friends on every other week and they have their own podcasts, it's really annoying and boring.

And whats worse, is for example, a certain known (entity) who enjoyed/enjoys being one of the ufo/paranormal clique,
(I have to be extremmmmmmmly careful here.....please)
once (a long time back) participated in a bullying feeding frenzy on me in another forumsite. I still feel traumatized from it, actually.
Life rewards him as a more favored type, though. Or actually, the ufo/paranormal subculture fringe is the one who does the rewarding. I refuse to call it a community, it's a twisted spiritually degraded cult clique. You have no idea what resentment and experiences I harbor, oh man, but some things we who are too conflict-reticent (I can't help it) have to keep in.
(Sometimes, I leaks, though.)
edit on 28-2-2014 by misschareesee2 because: .

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

misschareesee2

it's a twisted spiritually degraded cult clique.

Truer words, truer words. It's a Z-list celebrity culture. The higher ups on the food chain of the UFO clique read their names on somebody's blog and they think, "I'm famous!" It's a narcissistic personality disorder and these people really should be institutionalized. But the clique hasn't shown up to swarm me yet but I'm sure they are on their way. Some sycophant listener of Hanks will probably be along posthaste.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

( I privatemessaged you!)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I've known Micah for years and he's certainly no used saucer salesman. I'm rather curious as to what Teacup thinks the proper "pitch" should be? In a world full of amateur armchair broadcasters, Micah has the confidence of a professional radio personality and knows what his listeners should find engaging.

The fact that you seem to think he has "appeared out of nowhere" just tells me you haven't done your homework. His pedigree is to be envied. He is, in fact, a natural entertainer, so the question "What is he selling?" might first spring to mind. Once you realize his passion is genuine and that he's a real stand-up guy you'll warm up to whatever it is you perceive as a sales pitch.

The "pitch" is, he wants you to think for yourself. I've never found Micah's content to be the sort of knock-off recycled matter you can get anywhere else. The boy does his research!

Did I mention conversationalist? I've had the privileged opportunity to sit in private conversation with Micah many times. You cannot throw a single topic at him, however outlandish, that he can't offer a fresh perspective.

What you take for "middle of the road" fence-straddling should probably tell you that he's not looking for an argument. He is more interested in constructive discussion. If your sense of voyeurism demands a fight, there are plenty of low-brow forums better suited for your tastes.

Micah will keep bringing thought-provoking new ideas to the table and I dare say anyone who will listen with an open mind is going to find much welcome food for thought.

Keep up the good work, Micah... and thanks, Teacup, for bringing this brilliant young man to the attention of some new listeners.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Obscurist

Keep up the good work, Micah... and thanks, Teacup, for bringing this brilliant young man to the attention of some new listeners.

Your welcome, I hope he gets more hits and listeners, I really don't have a problem with that. Ain't nothing wrong with making money off UFOs just be upfront about it. None of this, "I do it to get to the truth of it all, BS"

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Well, I for one love Micah and really enjoy what he does! His books are well researched, well written, informative and entertaining. Don't even get me started on The Gralien Report... I have withdrawals if I miss a week; the guests are amazing and the chat is where it's at.

It sounds to me like Flying Teacup might be either 1) Threatened by Micah Hanks or 2) Feels a bit stupid for not knowing more about him.

There are so many dumbasses out there I was relieved to find Micah and his infallible crew. You think he's wishy washy because he treats people with respect even when he doesn't agree with them? How sad...

Listen to The Micah Hanks show (KGRA) & The Gralien Report, and read his books. THEN if you have an informed and valid opinion (positive or negative) I'll listen.

Beth UK_USA

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

BethGPS

Well, I for one love Micah and really enjoy what he does! His books are well researched, well written, informative and entertaining. Don't even get me started on The Gralien Report... I have withdrawals if I miss a week; the guests are amazing and the chat is where it's at.

It sounds to me like Flying Teacup might be either 1) Threatened by Micah Hanks or 2) Feels a bit stupid for not knowing more about him.

Things just got real! Micah Hanks has apparently been Googling himself and found this thread. You want to talk about threatened, Beth? Micah Hanks can't take any criticism of his precious little internet show. I wrote my opinion about Micah Hanks and his little show and posted it on ATS. MY OPINION. What does Micah Hanks do? He decides to incorporate it into his show. Because he has no relevant content. Is he really that desperate for "attaboys" and "you rocks" from his followers? Apparently so. Because Micah was all over this thread like white on rice. But where is he? Why doesn't he address me personally? He read this thread on his internet show I'm sure to the sycophantic glory of his cultish listeners. Well, come on, Micah, you dismissed all of ATS as being crazy conspiracy theorists and completely lied about the content of my analysis. He claimed that I said Micah Hanks was part of an Illuminati conspiracy trying to make me sound like "one of those crazy ATSers". Calling you out, Micah. If you aren't brave enough to debate me in this forum then what good are you? Can you step outside your echo chamber and defend yourself?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I du nno maybe he's you, starting a thread to get noticed!? lulz

FlyingTeacup
This guy just kind of appeared out of nowhere. He's got a podcast, a book, a UFO conference that he hosts. Where did he come from, his book and podcast seem to be of little substance. He comes across as glib and annoying, in a fake radio voice, used car salesman sort of way. Micah even calls himself "The Mouth of the South" like his little UFO show is part of some radio station's morning zoo. Somebody along the line told Micah that he's "got a good radio voice" and it went to his head. I mean REALLY went to his head. He seems to have formulated a way to rise in the UFO book and lecture scene and has done everything he can to do so. The thing is, what does he say?

He's wishy washy, always taking the middle of the road on everything from UFO belief to politics. You can't pin him down on anything because he doesn't want to offend anybody and alienate a listener or potential listener. Listen to him and tell me what you think he thinks about UFOs. On second thought, don't, I don't want to send him web traffic. One second he is a true believer and then the next he's talking out of the other side of his mouth that he's a skeptic. His material is so formulaic.

Somebody either told Micah that there is money to made in UFOs or he thinks he can translate this into a career in broadcasting. If he thinks that, he's sorely mistaken, take a look at that tired Bostonian blowhard, Tim Binnall. Been doing the podcasts for eight? nine? years and has gone nowhere, spinning his wheels.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
no its not that. thats just what they want u to think. theres been rumers on other sorces that micah is actually an anomaly. He was actualy born from a virgin and came out as he was today. He is an adalt baby that I believe is posibal reptilan. He came out of no where as a used car saleman who is here to control the human race with his influenchial words. proof of this are on other sorces that I will link. the proof is in the pudding!

Micah is reptilan

FlyingTeacup

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Maybe in your world "things got real", but I believe the reason why "Hanks" doesn't come out and "debate you" is because he has a job to do, which he is doing (quite well actually), and isn't an internet troll.

Beth

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

BethGPS

Maybe in your world "things got real", but I believe the reason why "Hanks" doesn't come out and "debate you" is because he has a job to do, which he is doing (quite well actually), and isn't an internet troll.

Beth

Name calling Beth? Why do you have to resort to name calling? Like I said, I merely expressed my opinion about an internet personalty. Maybe you have been consuming to much of that low protein gray gruel meant to leave you light headed, bleary eyed and slack jawed. It is served up fresh at this website:

The Gralien Report

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

FlyingTeacup

He's wishy washy, always taking the middle of the road on everything from UFO belief to politics.

I actually like him.

He is a skeptic with an open mind who does not feel there is enough evidence on these fringe topics to say, "Oh yeah, aliens definately landed on Earth." or "Oh yeah, Bigfoot definitely exists".

Instead he points out the strange, the odd, the things which may be worth further scientific study.

A modern day Charles Fort, not unlike Nick Redfern.

Do you know who Charles Fort was?

Do you even care?

It seems to me you have a religious believe in UFOs as alien contact.

Religions will give you all the answers, but little to no evidence.

edit on 6-3-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Micah's alright. I've had a few small exchanges with him over the years and we've disagreed on good terms.

He's carved a niche out in the paranormal business and there's nothing wrong with that. I see him as a likely heir to Coast 2 Coast AM.

It's disappointing to hear he's allegedly taken some shots at ATS as ATSers represent his target audience and quite a few threads have been posted in support of the 'singularity' concept he promotes. Not only that, ATS attracts a lot more traffic than the Gralienreport website so it seems counter-intuitive to generalise against site members.

reply to post by misschareesee2

And whats worse, is for example, a certain known (entity) who enjoyed/enjoys being one of the ufo/paranormal clique, (I have to be extremmmmmmmly careful here.....please) once (a long time back) participated in a bullying feeding frenzy on me in another forumsite. I still feel traumatized from it, actually.

I remember where and when that happened. You might remember that we had a PM conversation about it at the time?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

JadeStar

FlyingTeacup

He's wishy washy, always taking the middle of the road on everything from UFO belief to politics.

I actually like him.

He is a skeptic with an open mind who does not feel there is enough evidence on these fringe topics to say, "Oh yeah, aliens definately landed on Earth." or "Oh yeah, Bigfoot definitely exists".

Instead he points out the strange, the odd, the things which may be worth further scientific study.

Do you even care?

Actually I'm quite skeptical about UFO belief. Personally, I don't "believe" in anything. I require proof.

Yes, I know of Charles fort and his work. And i think Nick Redfern is simply horrible. He is a hack writer who does his research on wikipedia. That's how he's able to regurgitate so many books over a short period of time, he's not doing any research, he's simply stringing together various items he's found on the internet. Nick Redfern's books are all puff pieces. they are junk.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

FlyingTeacup

JadeStar

FlyingTeacup

I actually like him.

Do you even care?

Actually I'm quite skeptical about UFO belief. Personally, I don't "believe" in anything. I require proof.

Yes, I know of Charles fort and his work. And i think Nick Redfern is simply horrible. He is a hack writer who does his research on wikipedia. That's how he's able to regurgitate so many books over a short period of time, he's not doing any research, he's simply stringing together various items he's found on the internet. Nick Redfern's books are all puff pieces. they are junk.

Not all books are written for the hardcore UFO/para/etc person who is already familiar with this stuff.

I mean I could tear into Michio Kaku's books because they are aimed at an audience that may only have a very basic understanding of astronomy, cosmology, etc but of course I don't do that because that would be a bit dumb. His books are GREAT in introducing a lot of ground breaking science to the layperson.

Context is everything. Not all books have the same target audience.

The problem in the UFO/Para field is that everyone thinks they are a researcher.
edit on 7-3-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join