It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Alterations and Converting the Sun Worshippers.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

adjensen

As for Sunday worship, the writings of Paul make it clear that Christians worshipped on Sunday (the day that Christ was resurrected) in the First Century, likely to differentiate themselves from the Jewish observation of the Sabbath, so Constantine obviously had nothing to do with that.

Jesus Christ was resurrected the evening prior to the arrival of the two Mary's Sunday morning; when the tomb was ALREADY empty and the angel said He had ALREADY risen.

They did not "see" his Resurrection Sunday morning, an angel told them he already rose.

Timing of the resurrection:

The year of Christ's death; Passover was from sunset Tuesday night to sunset Wednesday night.

Tuesday Night - Last Supper (Passover observance) - Jesus Christ instituted the new manner in which Passover was to be kept by Christians moving forward, rather then killing a baby lamb, they would partake of the Body and Blood of Jesus (Passover Lamb of God) in remembrance of his sacrifice about to be lived (annually at Passover).

During the day of Passover Jesus Christ was arrested (taken against his will, as a lamb), Tried, Convicted, Whipped, and placed on a stake/pole; he was pierced in his side by a Spear, shedding his blood to the Earth which caused him to die (lamb of God's blood was spilled for the removal of sins, just like the Passover lamb). He was buried in his tomb just before sunset ending the day of Passover (14th of Abib). All the events of the last day of Jesus Christ's life occurred in the day of Passover, as he was fulfilling the real Passover in which Judaism was representing physically until that day.

Jesus Christ was dead for the exact amount of time Jonah was in the belly of the great fish/whale. 72 hours. No more, No less.

Just before sunset on Wednesday he was placed in the tomb. 24 hours later is just before sunset on Thursday. Thursday was the first day of Unleavened Bread (day after Passover; 15th of Abib) and it is an annual Sabbath, not a weekly Sabbath (7th day).

That was the "Sabbath" immediately following the burial of Jesus; it is the use of the word Sabbath that caused modern Christians to think Jesus died on a Friday (Good Friday), the day before the weekly Saturday Sabbath; but it is not true. Jesus died on Passover, which is always followed by a High Holy Day Sabbath.

24 hours later is just before sunset Friday. Friday is the preparation day for the weekly Sabbath, so travel to Jesus' tomb would not have been possible at the time.

24 hours later (fulfilling the 72 hour prophecy; 3 days, 3 nights dead) was just before sunset on Saturday (Sabbath!).

Jesus Christ rose from the dead just before the end of the 7th day Sabbath, exactly 72 hours after he was buried in his tomb towards the end of Passover.

When Paul said they worship on the day Jesus was resurrected, he was referring to the 7th day Sabbath. Not Sunday morning as the world of Christianity was taught to be true. if Jesus died on Good Friday and rose Easter Sunday morning, he would have only been dead 1.5 days (36 hours) and would NOT be the Christ in spirit and in truth, according to his own words.

Sunday morning Jesus has already been resurrected, but not yet accepted by God. Why?

Because of the fulfillment of the wafe sheaf offering!

Every year the Jewish high priest would offer up the "first of the first-fruits" of the wheat harvest on the Sunday after the weekly Sabbath that falls within the Feast of Unleavened Bread. Jesus Christ is the "first of the first-fruits" of God's spiritual harvest (salvation/transformation of physical mankind into spiritual Elohim), on the Sunday after his resurrection; in the morning Jesus says "I have not yet been accepted by my father" and he wouldn't allow his spiritual body to be touched. Later in the same day he tells Thomas (doubting Thomas) to "touch" him. Between the morning hours and the evening hours he was accepted by God as the wafe sheaf offering; fulfilling that prophecy as well.

The lie that Jesus Christ rose on Sunday morning was also established at the counsel of Nicaea, with no support what so ever from scripture.

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Specimen
Supposedly much of the Roman Catholic Sect. traditions and what not, are heavily based off Babylonian mythologies, which is said to be older then Egyptian. Meaning, they practice traditions that are within their own group, that the public don't do. I found this video quite helpful with religious/myth origins.

Mystery Babylon the Great (modern Christianity, based on false doctrines) the mother of all harlots.

Simon Magnus (recorded in Acts) was a pagan priest of Baal (sun god), he became Simon Pater (title of high priest to the Sun God church of Rome) of Rome a few years after his encounter with Peter the apostle.

This Simon Pater of Rome is the statue in the Vatican called Simon Peter, worshiped and bowed down to by Billions. Pater (father of fathers in Latin) is the same root title as Pope (Father of Fathers) in Italian.

Tammutz rebirth ceremony = Christmas
Easter fertility festival = Easter
Sunday = day of worship

All come from Babylonian origin.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The lie that Jesus Christ rose on Sunday morning was also established at the counsel of Nicaea, with no support what so ever from scripture.

No, it wasn't.

On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight. (Acts 20:7 NIV)

Here are the documents from the Council of Nicaea: Council of Nicaea (AD 325). Why don't you try reading them to see what was discussed at the Council, rather than just making stuff up?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

Like I said, this topic is fairly foreign to me so forgive me if I'm way off base here.

admit the only authority for the changing of Passover to Easter (doctrine)

From what I've been able to find, they did not "change" passover to Easter. Early Christians relied on the Jewish calendar but by the time the Council convened there were many that questioned it's accuracy. They decided to have the Easter date reevaluated independently. So they did not change Passover.

7th day Sabbath to Sunday

I cannot find anything about this coming from the Council. Didn't Constantine make it law throughout Rome that the 7th day was sabbath...but did not change anything in church doctrine? I believe the same may apply to Christmas observance.

priest/nun celebacy (doctrine) etc. all come solely from the divine power of the Pope

Its my understanding that these changes were just part of a "code of conduct policy" of sorts and did not change doctrine.

edit on 28-2-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

adjensen
reply to post by Tucket

As for people breaking off and trying to protect the real Christianity, the Cathars come to mind. But again, they were eventually hunted down and burned alive.

And yet… you know about them.

Saying that the Bible was changed in any meaningful manner in the 4th Century or later is a ridiculous notion. Unless Constantine had a time machine and could go back and alter the texts in the First Century, there is sufficient historical evidence that the texts that we have today are pretty much the same as the ones that the Early Church Fathers wrote about in the First and Second Centuries.

exactly right....and I thought the discovery of the dead sea scrolls showed us (though only partially) that our current texts were very good translations ..... did they not?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

adjensen

All of these doctrines were established at the Counsel of Nicaea.

Nope. The only one you got right was Easter, and what they decided was which day to celebrate it on -- it was an already existing observation.

The policy of priestly celibacy is from the Middle Ages, no one knows when Christmas began, but it probably was before Nicaea, Christians had been worshiping on Sunday since the First Century, as noted in the writings of Paul, which also note that the Eucharist ("communion") was a weekly observation.

To an extent, the information available would support some of your reply.

The counsel discussed what would be considered acceptable regarding priestly relations that eventually ended in the celibacy laws a few counsels later. I can concede this point.

Regarding Christmas, official references are not currently available as you accurately stated. No proof, so I can conceed this point as "unknown" fairly.

You are in error regarding Sunday worship observed by Paul's followers.

You are in error regarding Eucharist as weekly observance.

There is a "communion" (translated fellowship) of like minded individual's that fellowship together over food and drink discussing Jesus Christ's "coming in the flesh" throughout their lives; that Paul made reference to. Weekly on the 7th day Sabbath early Christian's (and those in the Church today) met in homes and shared a meal while fellow shipping (communing) with like minded people.

The yearly observed Eucharist, was the newly establish observation of Passover, since Jesus Christ fulfilled the symbolic observation used by Judaism still to this day; Jesus Christ instituted the Eucharist so yearly, God's people would remember the Passover sacrifice of Jesus Christ; who died on Passover for the forgiveness of sin.

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

It must be fun defending a book that really has no meaning in the Universe, other than to confuse it some more.

So many tall tales describing literally ANYTHING but what a Christian has been led to believe, all for the ultimate fail.

The belief that this planet, and the Universe was built for a purpose that someone understands, in there hearts to believe it has a good reason, so to speak.

And yet as we see, with ALL religions, they ALL believe this, they ALL MUST believe they have a common enemy, and they ALL cannot see the enemy, the allies, or anything else.

The time wasted on proving the Bible is the Word of God has likely been the biggest single distraction in this planets entire history, thankfully now it is ending, many churches themselves are looking to heaven, THE STARS to see what has been written was just that, a tale of the positions of planets and stars, energies and algorithms.

Now, as we have technology progressing beyond the point of any Christians belief systems, the creation of humans without humans, the downloading of memories, the total creation of robots and the understanding that WE are just advanced robots with interesting matrix patterns... I can see the panic occurring in the masses, all the meaningless crap going on is being exposed, and as I said to my parents IN CHURCH as a 5 year old...

You would not recognize the Saviour's if they stared you in the face, you are SO lost, but we know its not your fault, you were engineered to not be able to see... but we will be damned if you get to live this whole life through without seeing a FRACTION of the REALITY of CREATION, even if it kills you !!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

adjensen
On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight. (Acts 20:7 NIV)

Thank you SO much for posting this exact example!!! (I was not going to quote scripture per OP request not to quote the Bible)

It proves the OP correct in a way no other post could have!

The word in your quoted example, falsely translated as first "day of the week" is the Greek word "sabbaton" which actually translates to "the 7th day of the week".

Stong's concordance

www.blueletterbible.org... - Acts 20:7 in original Greek. (link requires you to click on Acts 20:7 to see the Greek)
www.blueletterbible.org... - Definition of Greek word translated as "day of the week".

The original words recorded in the original language are perfect as recorded. But your "English" New King James version (translated by powerful men wanting you to worship Jesus in a defiled manner) is falsely teaching you in worshiping on SUNday rather than the Eternal commandment of God to Keep Holy the Sabbath day (Greek = Sabbaton)!

Awesome!

God Bless,

edit on 28-2-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

sheepslayer247

From what I've been able to find, they did not "change" passover to Easter. Early Christians relied on the Jewish calendar but by the time the Council convened there were many that questioned it's accuracy. They decided to have the Easter date reevaluated independently. So they did not change Passover.

They changed the manner in which Christians observed the death of Jesus Christ.

It went from a yearly reminder of the need for a Passover sacrifice for the removal of sins commanded by Christ during his final day on Earth as a physical man, to a celebration of the resurrection intentionally falsified to Sunday morning to also then change the Sabbath to Sunday later on.

ElohimJD
priest/nun celebacy (doctrine) etc. all come solely from the divine power of the Pope

sheepslayer247

Its my understanding that these changes were just part of a "code of conduct policy" of sorts and did not change doctrine.

edit on 28-2-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

I agree, after readdressing this in a previous post I agree the foundation was laid but the celibacy law establish at later counsels.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

ea star, ea rth, br ea th, s ea, An gels, m an, pl an et, st an d, h an d, pl an, p an,c an, d an. b an, e an,

yaway...don't see it

over 30, 000 different types of chritianity all claiming to be the one true faith...
like as if ...
if there was only one true faith or book, the others would even exist at all....
and the adherents to the wrong faith aren't all covered in boils and excremints?

edit on 28-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

A debate about irreconcilable differences within one's own mind is a classic brainwashing technique...
while one is focused on that dichotomy any thought at all can be slipped in their without the conscious mind even being aware of it.....like those little bells in the catholic mass...pure brain washing technique

the cross is used to shoot the sun ( not worship it ) when you are crossing an ocean

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

The Dead Sea Scrolls are Jewish documents, so they don't reflect anything about the New Testament, but yes, they do confirm that the Old Testament is a fairly accurate version of the Hebrew Bible.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

They changed the manner in which Christians observed the death of Jesus Christ.

It went from a yearly reminder of the need for a Passover sacrifice for the removal of sins commanded by Christ during his final day on Earth as a physical man, to a celebration of the resurrection intentionally falsified to Sunday morning to also then change the Sabbath to Sunday later on.

It's my understanding that Passover has nothing to do with Christ. Passover is a celebration of the book of Exodus and breaking from Egyptian oppression. Easter is a celebration of Christ's resurrection.

The council wanted to reevaluate the date they observed Easter to be more in line with that event.

So they would not be changing Passover in any way, correct?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Any suggestion that there was anything resembling the modern Bible as a book floating around in the first century needs to prove it. The BIBLE as we have it today (66 books) was not finalized until the 1500s.

What is certain is that every small sect had its own practices, and its own "holy writings," (some of which included some of the modern B-I-B-L-E but most were local or regional favorites) and that small disparate groups were so divergent by the time of Constantine that there was no way they would work together and were thus useless to him, politically.

Rome had long used the concept of State Religion to bring order and civic unity, and had been shuffling together regional gods and goddesses for almost a thousand years by this time.

The only reason why the Romans ever "burned Christians" was because they wouldn't obey the law and pay homage to the official Roman gods, and, as I understand it, they refused to use the public baths and smelled to high heaven, as it were.

Constantine worshipped Sol Invictus. He made a day of the week an imperial day-of-rest four years before Nicea. Guess which day. SUNday. Guess what the major holiday of the Sol cult was each year? The birth of the Sun, celebrated, wait for it, on December 25 (also combined with a heckuva party called the Saturnalia). He was very judiciously making small changes to bring greater unification in his empire.

He used the various "Christian" sects as the framework to do so at the local levels. When the Bishops and Presbyters went home with their "new orthodoxy" we see the structure of the church begin to take on the political nature of the Roman State. Ever hear the title "Pontifex Maximus"? Yeah. It was used for the chief office of the Roman State Religion a thousand years or so before there was a Christian Pope.

Constantine was looking for a way to bring the parts of the empire (the provinces) together.

That is why the Emperor called the council that has come to be known as 1st Nicea.

He commissioned 50 of his "new scriptures" in fancy official versions shortly after Nicea.

All the really reliable biblical texts originate from the fourth century onward.

It's really not that hard to figure out, once one stops filtering the facts through the requirements of religious belief.

Remember the other result of Nicea? The Credo? The I Believe-o?

Yeah.
edit on 15Fri, 28 Feb 2014 15:47:03 -060014p032014266 by Gryphon66 because: Yep.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The original words recorded in the original language are perfect as recorded.

Actually, that's not correct. If you read the Greek directly, it would say "one Sabbath", which doesn't make any sense. But here's the explanation:

After spending years examining Jewish writings in the Babylonian Talmud, Hebraist John Lightfoot wrote A Commentary on the New Testament from the Talmud and Hebraica, in which he expounded upon the Hebrew method of counting the days of the week. He noted: “The Jews reckon the days of the week thus; One day (or the first day) of the sabbath: two (or the second day) of the sabbath;” etc. (1859, 2:375, emp. in orig.). Lightfoot then quoted from two different Talmud tractates. Maccoth alludes to those who testify on “the first of the sabbath” about an individual who stole an ox. Judgment was then passed the following day—“on the second day of the sabbath” (Lightfoot, 2:375, emp. in orig.; Maccoth, Chapter 1). Bava Kama describes ten enactments ordained by a man named Ezra, including the public reading of the law “on the second and fifth days of the sabbath,” and the washing of clothes “on the fifth day of the sabbath” (Lightfoot, 2:375; Bava Kama, Chapter 7). In Michael Rodkinson’s 1918 translation of Maccoth and Bava Kama, he accurately translated “the second day of the sabbath” as Monday, “the fifth day of the sabbath” as Thursday, and “the first of the sabbath” as Sunday. (Source)

So, by the way that they reckoned days in the time of Jesus, "μία σάββατον" means "Sunday", not "One Sabbath".

This is further evidenced by Matthew 28:1, which includes both "σάββατον" and "μία σάββατον", and which obviously mean different things, since the women clearly didn't go to Jesus' tomb on the Sabbath after the Sabbath was ended.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

sheepslayer247

It's my understanding that Passover has nothing to do with Christ. Passover is a celebration of the book of Exodus and breaking from Egyptian oppression. Easter is a celebration of Christ's resurrection.

That is the point Sheepslayer, and further proof of the OP.

Passover has EVERYTHING to do with the Christ (messiah/savior).

He died on Passover day as the Passover Lamb of God in spirit and in truth. He fulfilled the Passover sacrifice by the shedding of his innocent blood in perfection, it is through his Passover sacrifice that sins can be removed and mankind saved (messiah/savior/Christ).

The fact that the world's "understanding" taught by Christian churches today, that "the Passover had nothing to do with Christ" is proof of the OP.

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You are in error regarding Sunday worship observed by Paul's followers.

You are in error regarding Eucharist as weekly observance.

No, actually, I'm correct, at least as regards the practice long before Constantine.

Justin Martyr lived in the Second Century, and here's what he had to say about Christian worship and the Eucharist:

And on the day called Sunday, all who live in cities or in the country gather together to one place, and the memoirs of the apostles or the writings of the prophets are read, as long as time permits; then, when the reader has ceased, the president verbally instructs, and exhorts to the imitation of these good things. Then we all rise together and pray, and, as we before said, when our prayer is ended, bread and wine and water are brought, and the president in like manner offers prayers and thanksgivings, according to his ability, and the people assent, saying Amen; and there is a distribution to each, and a participation of that over which thanks have been given, and to those who are absent a portion is sent by the deacons. And they who are well to do, and willing, give what each thinks fit; and what is collected is deposited with the president, who succours the orphans and widows and those who, through sickness or any other cause, are in want, and those who are in bonds and the strangers sojourning among us, and in a word takes care of all who are in need. But Sunday is the day on which we all hold our common assembly, because it is the first day on which God, having wrought a change in the darkness and matter, made the world; and Jesus Christ our Saviour on the same day rose from the dead. (Source)

So there is a Second Century document that demonstrates both Sunday worship and weekly distribution of the Eucharist. Constantine wouldn't even be born for more than a century after that document was written.

edit on 28-2-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

adjensen
Actually, that's not correct. If you read the Greek directly, it would say "one Sabbath", which doesn't make any sense.

How does a story beginning with the sentence translated from Greek as:

"And then upon one Sabbath, when the disciples came together for fellowship..."

Not make any sense???

This is further evidenced by Matthew 28:1, which includes both "σάββατον" and "μία σάββατον", and which obviously mean different things, since the women clearly didn't go to Jesus' tomb on the Sabbath after the Sabbath was ended.

The key to help you understand the proper translation of this verse is the second Greek Word used.

Opse = Greek word for "The Sabbath having just passed, after the Sabbath, at the early dawn of the first day"
www.blueletterbible.org...

The verse translates correctly as:
"and then (de) with the Sabbath day having just ended (Opse Sabbaton) at the break of Dawn (epiphōskō) within (eis) the Holy Season known as the Feast of Unleavened Bread (Sabbaton: Sabbaths, Feast of Unleavened Bread) came Mary to the sepulcher."

You see this verse is setting up the fulfillment of the Waif Sheaf offering as explained in a previous post of mine.

The "day after the Sabbath within the Sabbaths" is a phrase from the Old testament, teaching when Israel was to observe the Waif sheaf offering ceremony, which always occurs on a Sunday, the day after the Sabbath with the Holy Season called the Feast of Unleavened Bread in English. A day when the First of the First-fruits is offered up and accepted by God; just as Christ was on the day after the Sabbath that fell within the High Holy Days (Sabbaths) called the Feast of Unleavened Bread.

Matthew is explaining how the events he is about to describe fulfilled ancient prophecy and occurred on the EXACT DAY known to ancient Israel as the day of Waif Sheaf offering, the day after the weekly Sabbath within the Sabbaths (Holy Days of Unleavened Bread)

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

adjensen
No, actually, I'm correct, at least as regards the practice long before Constantine.

Justin Martyr lived in the Second Century, and here's what he had to say about Christian worship and the Eucharist:

And on the day called Sunday, all who live in cities or in the country gather together to one place, and the memoirs of the apostles or the writings of the prophets are read, as long as time permits; then, when the reader has ceased, the president verbally instructs, and exhorts to the imitation of these good things. Then we all rise together and pray, and, as we before said, when our prayer is ended, bread and wine and water are brought, and the president in like manner offers prayers and thanksgivings, according to his ability, and the people assent, saying Amen; and there is a distribution to each, and a participation of that over which thanks have been given, and to those who are absent a portion is sent by the deacons. And they who are well to do, and willing, give what each thinks fit; and what is collected is deposited with the president, who succours the orphans and widows and those who, through sickness or any other cause, are in want, and those who are in bonds and the strangers sojourning among us, and in a word takes care of all who are in need. But Sunday is the day on which we all hold our common assembly, because it is the first day on which God, having wrought a change in the darkness and matter, made the world; and Jesus Christ our Saviour on the same day rose from the dead.

You are correct in that many people in the first few centuries after Christ's death kept a Sunday worship day as your priests have used this to claim they are the original Church, but they are not the true Church of God.

I already mentions that Simon Magnus, who encountered Peter the apostle in 33 AD began to counterfiet what is true with his Babylonian Baal worship, two groups of Christians existed after 33AD. One group who kept the commandments of God faithfully, and one group who worshiped a counterfeit version of Christ as the resurrected sun god, on Sunday en "mass" while defiling the beauty of the Eucharist.

Both groups existed, your quote is coming from the later group.

God Bless,
edit on 28-2-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The verse translates correctly as:
"and then (de) with the Sabbath day having just ended (Opse Sabbaton) at the break of Dawn (epiphōskō) within (eis) the Holy Season known as the Feast of Unleavened Bread (Sabbaton: Sabbaths, Feast of Unleavened Bread) came Mary to the sepulcher."

That isn't what it says.

You can't have "σάββατον" mean Sabbath and "the Holy Season known as the Feast of Unleavened Bread" in the same sentence. I showed you how a specialist in the Hebrew language described how the Jews in that time referred to days, and it's exactly in concordance with "σάββατον" meaning Sabbath and "μία σάββατον" meaning the first day of the week, and that's why every translation says "the first day of the week", not "one Sabbath."

If you look at Strong's definition of the word, #G4521, it is defined as both the Sabbath and a week, and its usage in that passage is clearly that of the first day of the week, aka Sunday.

Christ was resurrected on Sunday, and early Christians worshiped on Sunday, as described in scripture. Case closed.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
While we have a reenactment of the disputations that were probably so common at Nicea ... ("I'm right; no, I'm right")

I'd like to go with the old idea that a few pictures are worth thousands of words:

The first few here are classical Roman images of Sol Invictus. Coincidentally, these are held in the Vatican.

SOL

SOL and Mithras

SOL in Silver

JESUS in the Catacombs under St. Peters

A Modern Day Representation

A Modern Day Representative

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join